Return of the Emblem Chapter Eleven: Unleash

Phoenix

Another three or four jolts of pain, and Blake's vision was getting foggy. He could see that Connor hadn't tried to bring Raquel over to the Dauntless just yet, and that arrows were flying everywhere... Then, Raquel fell over and shouted as she was being drug away. The man was right there, but he couldn't lift his arms, much less even feel them, now. Damn this body and its' frailty! He would've shouted for help, but even that was beyond his grasp...

That could be problematic. Time to interfere.

All of a sudden, the arrows began to deflect harmlessly off of what appeared to be an invisible metal wall between them and their targets - judging by the almost unnoticeable sparks, anyways-, and proceeded to embed themselves into the courtyard's ground.

Edited by Snike

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't know if it represented you or not... that dragon seemed... ominous, almost omniscient..." Faatina replied, as Colin appeared rather deep in thought. This whole situation, did anyone want it to turn out this way? Had they just taken the dragon up on his offer after this had occurred... would things have gone differently.

"I can't say I understand that dragon, but if you look back at it, it almost seems that that stuff, posed a question." Faatina continued, not sure of what she was about to say... she was unsure of it's accuracy, of what sort of reaction it would draw... but somehow it felt like it needed to come to light, even if it was wrong.

"It seems like it said... in front of you is something you do not know. It is in your way, and does not appear overly friendly... what will you do?" She finished, her eyes scanning the warzone now that her sight was recovering... it was far from a pretty sight, fallen from both sides scattered about the courtyard... the ones she didn't recognize... noticeably bloodied beyond dire need.

"I'm sorry, Colin... it doesn't look like they listened."

"I'm not a wolf, I'm a fox." Kit replied with a huff, the arrows raining down on the area being quickly deflected off somewhere harmless. Those archers were certainly annoying... still, this man, with the amount of energy he was producing... he wasn't someone she could fight while babying Raquel.

Speaking of the pink haired merchant, she was now out in the open moreso than before, and appeared to be struggling with regards to the Emblem and her counterpart.

"Raquel. I'm gonna be honest, between the two of them, and with you here... I'm outmatched. I think that this is in your hands, now." Kit began, Raquel not feeling the same as she did before... her effect on the magic around her was far amplified from before, her mere presence a notable distortion.

"You said the Emblem only works in your dreams? Perhaps then, but not now, I don't think. You and that girl, you are in an entirely different league, Raquel... she can use the Emblem, but you... you and it feel the same, Raquel. For lack of a better term, you and your Emblem shard both distort magic in the same way... you are the Emblem." The woman concluded, watching with keen interest, until several of the incoming arrows moved in ways not influenced by her...

'Those thoughts... who is...?' Kit couldn't sense anyone, but... every day with this girl was just even more interesting, wasn't it? At that, she couldn't help but grin.

Exchanges

Silvia shook her head as a frown formed on her face. "I'd like to think she wasn't intending to carve a path of bodies out of here, but I really don't know for certain, especially not now."

Meanwhile, Colin kept an eye on things while keeping Faatina out of harms way. Like hell he was going to let someone get stabbed on the ground again. "If I'd know that that was the purpose of that ... 'question' ... urgh. Don't bother apologizing; you're not the one responsible for how this all turned out. That dragon struck first, and then your friends sprung their exit plan before figuring out what was really going on. It was bound to blow up in our faces like this."

Reign meanwhile managed to get moving again, but he still couldn't fight in his condition. So instead he made his way to the nearest downed allies he could find to make sure they were still alive. He wasn't expecting much, after all, in a situation like this, not finding someone dead among so many of their own was just flat out unlikely. Seeing so many slain enemies also had him convinced of this when he came up to Rook. Losing his balance during the last couple of steps, he fell to his knees and placed a hand on Rook's shoulder. "Hey ... you still alive?"

Face Off

The archers weren't sure what to do when their shots stopped even reaching the vicinity of their targets. Some stopped and looked to Samael for guidance. He eventually sighed with a grin and said, "That's enough ... besides, I think this is about to get interesting." With that, the archers relented and lowered their bows for the time being. They had still managed to get quite a few shots off though, and the ground was littered with dozens of them. "So you're a fox? Interesting." There was a slight resemblance ... oh well ... a white coat is a white coat I suppose ....

Raquel began to crawl forward while keeping on hand on the emblem so she could get to her feet and get some kind of footing again. She wasn't going to win a tug of war if she was on the ground the entire time. While she did this, Kit gave a surprising report about what she was sensing from both her and her attacker. "What do you mean? What do you mean I am the emblem?"

Cassandra took advantage of Raquel's moment of confusion and pulled mentally at the emblem even harder, causing it to fly out of her hands, but it stopped halfway between the two girls. "What?!"

"What?!" Raquel's utterance was less aggressive than Cassandra's. It is just like in that dream where I beat Lilith. Maybe I can keep her from getting it until someone distracts her. Kit could do it, but ... Blake's in trouble ... urgh. "Kit, help Blake! Please!"

"Hmm," Samael began to relent some on his spell. The intense light in his hands faded away, but the power was still present, spread out for the time being. "Can she win on her own ...?" he wondered aloud.

"Let go," Cassandra demanded.

"YOU let go; you ALREADY have an emblem piece," Raquel fired back. To anyone not looking in their direction, it would sound as if Raquel was arguing with herself. "Urrrrrrg-this one's mine!"

She won't win ... you should go back to her. Help her. Support her in the future.

... just me? What are you planning? Or ... is this not a plan at all? Are you afraid that you no longer have a place with her, or that we may die if we stay with her after this?

I want to see the lost one ... understand her. I understand Discovery now, and even if I did not, you eventually will. That is enough. You should stay, and I will go.

I think I understand ...

Even if you don't now, you will soon.

You're probably right. Well then ... take care, Morpheus.

Cassandra began rushing forward to grab the emblem since she and Raquel appeared to be in a stalemate and Raquel gasped when she noticed. Cassandra was much faster than her. She had no hope of closing the distance in time. That was what she thought, but the instant she became committed to trying, an intense light engulfed her, and she disappeared into that light. Then that light rushed forward faster than any human or artificial ever could, collided with the emblem piece, and then exploded as it reached Cassandra. Raquel came tumbling out of the light and the two girls went rolling across the dirt almost thirty feet from where they collided. The emblem piece they were fighting over rolled just a bit further before coming to rest.

"... ow ..." both girls groaned in near perfect unison. Cassandra then said, "How did you do that?" I can't move that fast. Do we each have different abilities? That's not what I was ... expecting. I thought if she ever learned to use the emblem, it would be to forge things the way I do. I don't get it ... why are we so different?

"I don't know, but ..." Raquel picked herself up but was still on all fours. "... I'm not going to let you take it. It's mine!"

"Not anymore, it isn't," Cassandra retorted, her snake sword already forming in her hand. She managed to get up in a heartbeat, grabbing the emblem piece as she did, and kicking Raquel aside to finish up.

As Raquel got up again, she held out her hand to try and draw the emblem back to her, and it was working. That put a smile on her face. It was actually working now. She wasn't sure why ... but it was working. Even Cassandra couldn't hold onto it for long and once her grip loosened enough, the emblem broke free and flew back toward Raquel's waiting hands. Cassandra attempted to strike her with the snake sword to prevent her from grabbing it, but Raquel dodged it. She had to give up her position to do so however, and so the emblem fell to the ground after passing by her.

The snake sword raced to snatch up the emblem piece, but Raquel called for it again and the shears narrowly missed it. Once Raquel caught the emblem, however, the sword spread out and wrapped her up in seconds. "Gaaaa-darnit ... urgh ... let me go-argh!"

Edited by Phoenix

What an interesting turn of events this was, indeed~ Kit couldn't be happier for choosing to show up for this... but it seemed that with the new developments, the arrow-ridden swordsman was ready to be tended to.

Making her way over to him, Kit immediately began to dissolve the embedded arrows with her magic, mending the wounds as they were freed of their vices. It didn't take long for the man to be fully healed.

"Good as new, Blake... try to take it easy, though." She chided slightly, turning back towards the bickering Raquels... for lack of a better term. They seemed to be having a tug of war with the Emblem, eventually leading to Cassandra using her snake sword once again.

"Raquel... you have to fight back. When it comes to the Emblem... you're stronger. Force is what you showed Mr. Dragon, right? Show that clone of yours that same force."

"Would Raquel have answered the same way, if what she were shown was images of people? Who can say for certain... violence... is certainly the easiest way to solve a problem, most of the time... even if it isn't the best way, or the right way... someone who relies on violence, are they strong for being able to weather the blood, that indecision, to survive, or are they weak, for choosing the easy way out?" Faatina asked, not sure why she was springing philosophy on Colin but... she wanted to hear his answer.

Edited by Ether

The pain went away, eventually, but by then Blake was unconscious. For how long, who knew.

You're imagining things. Now, to deal with this spat. Cassandra, take the emblem if you must, just don't kill her. It isn't going to stick anyways.

A Man Called Gar

"Tch," Gar recalled back to his first meeting with Raquel and her burning hatred of Sardis. Why not take him out of the picture Dragon Head? Some stupid bullshit was going on that Gar didn't like the smell of. Something in the wind has learned my name~, he sang in his head. And it's tellin' me that things are not the same~. Though... this did present an opportunity to solve all of Gar's problems at once if the coins aligned. In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze~. "If Raquel wanted anyone dead it would be Sardis first. If he wasn't the target then the Dragon Head had his own agenda with this. I don't like my contract being manipulated like that," he told Silvia.

There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me~. "Take this how you will: the Dragon Head revealed two names for itself, Morpheus and Hypnos. His power is too different to be a real dragon. And Colin will confirm these if he lives. Look for connections in vasili first: he bears a resemblance to legends of Obelisk and a naming similarity to Thanatos," Gar explained some things that would be easy to believe.

There is only one wish on my mind~. "If he is somehow just a unique dragon, then you'll want a Dragon Slayer." When this day is through I hope that I will find~. "Or a former one. Or maybe just a bastard crazy enough to call himself one in Neviskotia." Gar shook his head. "Half a year ago I came across a fellow in Neviskotia who called himself Dragon Slayer Ornstein. Real, or not, I recognized dragon blood on his spear." That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me~ "Take this information however you will, and try not to die. I won't go after you now, but I don't know what the others want." Gar finished his plan. All I need will be mine if you are here~ he finished the verse.

Edited by Script

“If they’re going to take her captive, at least they’re not killing her, like they will us,” Valter replied. Their chances of survival were dwindling by the second; Bert’s observations about the injured were testament to that. If there was any way to turn things back around, the horseman did not see it. Soon, he would probably be among those dying. “No guarantees,” he told Bert.

And then the guy he shot apparently wanted vengeance or something, but somehow missed a guy riding a horse. Go figure.

---

Katrina had managed to bat off the last pegasus knight, but had eventually succumbed to the effects of poison and slipped off Volga’s back. The wyvern nudged her once, twice, and when no response was given, took a defensive stance above her. Kat was hurt, and none of those stupid pegasi were going to come over here and finish her off.

Exchanges

"So Colin's right then ... we're fighting each other over a knee-jerk reaction ... ugh." Silvia sheathed her sword as her expression grew even more gloomy and glanced over her shoulder at the fighting for a moment. There were more people on the ground than those standing of those in the courtyard which was a terrible sight. It was getting a bit quieter too. The information Gar gave her next was worth writing down somewhere, but she'd have to do it later given the situation. "Sheesh, I hope it's not a vasilus; if it is, there's nothing we can do about it. I prefer the dragon slayer option personally," she explained with a bit of a forced smile. What to do now? She was through fighting him and he apparently wasn't going to make a move on her. "... are you ... done with that flute by any chance ...?" Another forced smile.

"I don't ... I don't think there's just one answer there, Tina. See we've all got different reasons for fighting or not fighting. Some fighters I'd call weak because they're too scared of looking at the big picture and choosing peace when it works. Scared or angry ... prejudice or whatever. Then you've got people who are weak because they'll do anything to avoid violence but in the end are just cowards who have nothing they'd fight to protect, not even themselves." Putting a hand on his chin, Colin did a bit more musing before continuing. "Then we've got your strong fighters who have their principles and motives mostly figured out and can adapt to new situations ... and your pacifists, who will lay down their lives for their principles if need be. I hear about a lot of avians who think that way. So ... I figure there are strong and weak on both sides, but it'd be convenient if things were a little more black and white ..." he ended with a sigh.

Round Two

I have to take it from her. That's what Samael ordered me to do ... but she can use the emblem to. Her powers are different from mine ... Cassandra tried to keep Raquel restrained until the shear of her sword could retrieve the emblem for her. It would have been easier to summon it back to her hand, but by the time that thought occurred to her, the situation had changed again.

Kit had told Raquel that she was stronger. It was hard to believe given she was being tied down by a golden snake sword forged out of virtually nothing and controlled by her opponent's mind, but on the other hand, there was a chance she was just beginning to scratch the surface of whatever powers she herself had. It would have been nice to find one to escape the snake sword, but she couldn't think of anything at first. Then a thought occurred. Cassandra could control her emblem piece, right? So maybe she could control Cassandra's. In an instant, the snake sword fell limp on the ground, releasing Raquel.

"What the ...?"

Raquel then bolted for the Dauntless; there was no reason to stick around and explain to her artificial counterpart that she had simply asked the snake sword to release her and sleep. She was starting to become excited despite the severity of the situation. The emblem was obeying her now and it was effortless. Cassandra didn't give her much time to enjoy it though, as she reached out with her hand to summon the emblem again. Raquel tried to run with the emblem held against her stomach to resist, but that only ended up stopping her cold when the force of the emblem piece began to press against her. She managed to take one last defiant step before the force of the emblem spun her around and she lost her grip on it. She reached out in time to stop it, and the emblem sat halfway between them again.

"No way! It's mine," Raquel yelled.

"Oh not this again," Cassandra muttered before sending out her blade. If I'm going to win this ... I've got to either knock her out, or convince her to stop trying ...

If I don't move now, she's going to grab it with that whip sword thing, Raquel thought before rushing forward again. That golden light from before consumed her entire body and then raced toward the emblem at tremendous speed. Raquel emerged from the light to grab the emblem even before her feet touched the ground, and then she rolled out of the way as the snake sword made a quick pass. As it came back around, Raquel retreated the same way she'd come, falling back into the light and racing away before the sword could catch her. She'd lost her balance as she did though and emerged from the light falling backward and landing on her back. She cursed herself for dropping the emblem during her fall, but quickly flipped over to try and crawl over to it.

NOW!!! Cassandra's snake sword beat Raquel to the emblem piece and bit down on it with her grasping hand just inches away. Now see with your own eyes, Raquel ... The shears soon clamped down so hard that Raquel's emblem piece shattered.

"... no ..." The floating fragments of her emblem piece became small glowing orbs that were soon absorbed by the snake blade. Once they were all gone, it retreated to the hilt, forming a short sword once again and leaving Raquel stunned. She turned around and stood to face Cassandra. She was furious but didn't know what she could do about it, now. "Why did you do that?! Why did you destroy it?!"

"I didn't destroy it ... I don't even know if that's possible. It just became one with my emblem piece. Mine's stronger now," Cassandra explained. "Don't fight me anymore. You were at a disadvantage before ... so there's no way you'll win now."

"Urgh ..."

"Huh," Samael could tell the fight for the emblem piece was more or less over, but what of the aftermath? He wanted to see that too and was wondering what would happen next.

A Man Called Gar

"Not that I'm an expert on it or anything but there's always praying the emblem does something," Gar gave an answer. "The Flute's with my stuff at the wagon. Wearing all that extra weight in combat isn't optimal." With that opening he looked over at the wagon to see what was going on. It was still exceptionally nonsensical for his eyes. "And I'm not going anywhere near there until that ends or we leave or whatever happens." Gar shrugged.

"Come on guys! We can keep it together for just a little bit longer, can't we?" cried out Tia as she pulled out another flask. In truth, she was fairly convinced that things weren't going to end well, but she still had a chance! This time she focused on a warlock.

"HEY YOU! WART-LOCK!" she called out as she employed the same spell she had just used earlier. Likely annoyed at the name, the Warlock turned to face Tia, but managed to brace himself as the water-wall crashed into him and managed to not get swept off his feet. However, as he started to chant for a curse, Tia quickly flooded his mouth with water... once again. This Wart-lock had clearly not noticed what she had done earlier. Oh well! More power for Tia!

Tia Bards for +MT. 7/18 HP left.

Tia attacks Enemy Warlock with a 5, 6, 3! http://orokos.com/roll/107014 She deals a whopping 3 (6 MT + 6 roll + 1 Barding - 10 RES = 3) 3damage to him!

The Wartlock counters with a 6, 1, 5. MISS! (6 hit + 6 roll - 16 AVO = -4) Tia scoffs at his pathetic attempt to hit a little girl!

His ACTUAL counter skill: http://orokos.com/roll/107016 5, 3, 5. But Tia laughs in the face of danger and activates her Fortune Tome's ability to make that reroll happen on the Skill dice. This time it's a http://orokos.com/roll/107018 1! HE MISSES!

Well, bad things certainly followed on the heels of each other. First Sinbad had gotten an altogether too close look at just what happened when a grenade goes off, giving him new appreciation for what he'd helped to do to the gate doors. The concussive blast was certainly louder and stronger than any gunshot, and the fact that it was dispersed over a wider area was incredibly small compensation for that. There had been no time to brace or prepare, as just after the three had met up, before he could even relay the failed surrender of the enemy captain, the round projective, stuffed with explosives, had bounced and rolled into their midst.

It went off and sent the wind mage flying while also shaking the ice magician badly, but the cowboy had no time to deal with that. Not when it had sent Hatsune rearing and bucking. Yes, the mare had grown accustomed to gunfire, but this explosion and that were very different beasts. The kind she was tolerant of were more controlled, more predictable, always from the same place above and behind her, and usually with a signal from the man on top. This blast was from below and in front, and it had been accompanied by the feeling of something ramming into her. That was all sorts of bad news! Unknown! Gotta either scare it off or get to saftey!

Some moments later and she seemed ot have defeated the unknown noise, either that or scared it off with her fearsome display of front hooves flailing. Alright, Hatsune supposed maybe it was time to acknowledge and obey the various signals and noises coming from her rider once again. Doing so usually would lead to either nice relaxing pattings, delicious food treats, or both.

When things had calmed down, Sinbad barely had time to assess the situation, Grant seemed to still be moving, but much the worse for wear, while Synthia had slumped prone, right near the monstrous wagon. He was in the middle of frowning and considering the next course of action when a fierce blast of something, he had no way of knowing just what, hit him in the back and knocked him right out of the saddle. It was embarrassing, but far from an unfamiliar situation. Falling from horseback, getting a mouthful of grit and dust, pushing oneself back upright using the strength in one's arms. All familiar to the cowboy, though this time the dull ache of the dark magical assault still radiated throughout his body.

Staggering to his feet, Sinbad took a few tottering steps toward his horse, then grabbed the saddlehorn and leaned against her a bit for support. The response was a slightly confused nicker, but aside from that Hatsune didn't object. In this situation, in this kinda mess, reckon a lotta folk would just abandon themselves to the fates, just give up, he mused. A cowboy though, well faced with that, he just gotta saddle up.

Gritting his teeth, and stepping one foot in the stirrup, then swinging the other leg over, he hissed in pain once he'd finally completed it. "By the five that hurts!" Sinbad gasped, and collapsed forward a bit, hugging his mare's neck. Just... just gonna lay here like this a spell, collect myself, get it together. Figuring out the next step just gotta wait for now...

Edited by Balcerzak

That poison was beginning to make Gytha feel a bit nauseous. She'd been hanging back and taking it easy. Since she figured she'd been poisoned in an attempt to slow its effects. The fight was looking pretty bad. Speaking of feeling ill, Chelsea of all people rode up to her and healed her some. Gytha was a little confused by her choice of target, but was glad she was feeling a little better. "Thank ye. Maybe, though...ye should try t' help some o' those who can't stand," the mariner suggested before trying to see where she'd be the most useful. Nadya was further into the fray than Chelsea was, so she headed over to try to ensure their horseback healers retained their ability to make sure people didn't die.

Gytha defends Nadya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Norbert thought about the objectives he usually would have in a fight. Preventing death or capture by ferrying people to safety... There wasn't really anywhere all that safe around anymore and there was no way to feasibly accomplish that objective anyway what with their side dropping like flies. Trying to rescue Faatina didn't look like it was going to happen. Blast it... As previously mentioned, he couldn't possibly try to help any of the others who'd fallen either. Grr... He didn't think he'd last if he picked a fight either. That left only one option.

Shaking his head, Norbert voiced, "I can't heal anyone, I can't bring anyone to safety and I can't rescue anyone who might be captured. It'd be stupid of me to provoke anyone here by trying to knock someone's head off since these guys are all probably tougher than me." I'm not even in top form right now. Neither is Riz... His expression hardened stubbornly as he added, "Surrender isn't an option."

Then, the pegasus rider turned his head to face Valter. "So, I'll protect those who're still standing. We might have a shot at this if we work together."

Norbert defends Valter and embraces the power of FRIENDSHIP!

"I'm just one girl. I'm trying the best I can but there are too many wounded."- she told Gytha as the mariner left her to guard Nadya

With that done, and Colin's group still taking care of Faatina, the troubadour left Gytha and made her way to join up with either Aneda or Gar.... though knowing her luck, she would be utterly destroyed before she rondevouzed with either of them.

Edited by GoD

'I'm just imagining things, huh? Not only can you hear my thoughts as well, but because you're projecting to that girl... you aren't just allowing me to read them as I would, you're using telepathy... interesting. I hope you don't mind, but I have a theory to test~' Kit replied to the voice in her head... in her head. When those girls were fighting over the Emblem, they simply called for it, knowing they could do so. Was that the key, or did it take a special person to call the Emblem? Only one way to find out, she supposed.

'Fire Emblem... come to me.' Kit called out with her mind, efforts focused on the source of Cassandra's distortion, the hilt of her snake sword. Hand outstretched, Kit did exactly as those girls had done, willing the Emblem to be hers.

"I suppose you're right... people aren't so easy to read." Faatina replied, laying her head back as she spoke. There didn't seem to be anything else she could do, for now.

Having caught her breath near the Dauntless, Mao nudged Water, who had somehow made it out unscathed so far, into a full trot. While slightly disoriented from the effects of the poison, Mao observed Tia engaging an enemy warlock with her water spells. She was mildly surprised, recalling the incidents regarding her earlier, but it seemed when it came to war, anything went, especially when people seemed to be falling left and right.

Coming past the temporarily water-logged warlock, she noted the presence of an injured but not incapacitated bishop some distance behind him. Noting his relative importance, Mao focused her attention on the bishop, bringing her sword to bear on him. Charging past the bishop, Mao slashed a wide gash across his chest as she sped away, doubling back towards Tia to stave off the poison with a trusty elixer.

[spoiler=Roll]

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25712

Mao engages Bishop B

[2,6,1]=HIT!

14-1=13 DMG!

Bishop defeated.

Mao drinks an elixer.

Bishop B 0/18

Mao 18/18

Silvia battle thing - fluffy stuff later when I'm feeling better, sorry about that, Merc :<

Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25714

Silvia vantages - Bert defends

Roll: 6, 2, 3 - Lethal sword makes it 6, 2, 2 so crit before defenses

11+6+2(WTA)=17-7= HIT

7+2=9*2=18-4= 14DMG

Bert KO

Valter attacks with swordslayer

Roll:1, 1, 5

18+1=19= HIT

14+1+4(ring)+1(bard)= 20-2= 18DMG

Silvia KO

Silvia's HP: 0/18

Bert's HP: 0/18

Valter's HP: 15/15

After attack, Valter rings for +4 def

Edited by roymbrog

( http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=25741

(Aneda: 18/18

Mage A: 0/Life)

Sliding under that potentially painful blast of fire, Aneda rose back up with a powerful fist to the mage's gut followed by grabbing him by the neck and slamming him down to the ground, knocking the air out of him. The lady's hand hurt from the impact, but she grinned, knowing she fulfilled an obligation on both sides. "Not dead..." She mused, unaware of how dire her situation was turning.

Mushirah was still stumbling from the blow, distressed as all hell due to the dwindling allies around her and coming to the grim realization she was most likely going to die here.

Clung to, Hannah neighed and snorted, as if to urge whoever was clinging to her to either keep her strength up and persevere, or perhaps she wanted her to hop on so she could get her to safety. Hannah looked at the lady, not very well anyway, and snorted, trotting herself in place, hopefully giving some sort of cue to the lady.

(Belated Edit

Mushirah/Katrina/Shadrak get +1 points total for actions previous

Aneda/Gar/chelsea have + 6 total for my previous actions)

Edited by ReformBlade

Connor didn't really know what to do. The other Raquel seemed to have taken the real one's piece.Maybe throwing a grenade at her would break her concentration or something...but adding explosives might make this worse. He decided to follow Raquel's order and began dragging Blake over to the Dauntless in case the arrows started coming again.

ENEMIES

Sardis 27/54 (Erratic) Dark Burst

Bishop A 0/18

Halberdier A 0/21

---

Hayato 0/21

Warrior A 0/21

Warrior B 0/21

---

Colin 21/21 (Erratic) Pascal

Wyvern Lord A 27/27 (Defensive) Warden Lance

Falcon Knight A 18/18 (Passive-Subvert) Razor Lance

---

Silvia 0/18

General A 17/30 (Defensive) Horseslayer Lance

Warlock A 21/24 (Defensive) Advanced Shield Fire Tome

---

Adept A 0/21

Bard A 0/21

Mage A 0/18

---

Wyvern Rider A 24/24 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Barrier Axe

Falcoknight B 11/18 (Aggressive) Plague Lance

Pegasus Knight A 11/18 (Aggressive) Poison Lance

---

Fighter A 0/21

Mercenary A /0/15

Shaman A 0/15

---

Knight A 0/24

Archer A 0/15

Cleric A 0/18

---

Magician A 0/24

Shaman B 0/15

Soldier A 0/18

---

Monk A 12/21 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Shield Light Tome

Bard B 9/21 (Aggressive) Combat Knife

Mage B 0/18

---

Wyvern Knight B (Defending-Aggressive) Rune Axe

Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) Poison Lance

Pegasus Knight C (Aggressive) Poison Lance

---

Warrior C 0/27

Mercenary B 0/18

Druid A 0/21

---

Myrmidon A 0/15

Archer B 0/18

Bishop B 0/18

------

NPCS

Ayano (Erratic) 0/21 Ayano's Shield

------

PCS

Faatina 0/15

Reign 0/24

Veronika 0/15

---

Grant 0/21

Sinbad 0/24

Synthia 0/12

---

Aneda 18/18

Chelsea 15/15

Gar 2/9

---

Marella 0/24

Rook 0/24

Zach 0/15

---

Arietta 18/24

Axel 0/18

---

Mushirah 23/24

Katrina 0/24

Shadrak 0/18

---

Gabriella 0/21

Norbert 0/18

Valter 15/15

---

Gytha 9/24

Nadya 21/21

Robin 0/15

---

Luka 0/15

Mao 7/18

Tia 7/18

ENEMY PHASE (#5)

Raquel wasn't sure what to do now that Cassandra had assimilated her emblem piece. Could she even still use any of those powers she had a moment ago? Probably best to confirm that before doing anything else. "Uhhh ..."

"... what are you doing?" Cassandra asked. She had a feeling Raquel was trying to test her power but asked mostly on reflex. Just after the words left her lips, Raquel gained a magnificent golden aura. "Oh no, she can still ..."

"I still have the energy ... inside me," Raquel realized.

As if things weren't annoying enough, Cassandra's sword hilt began to shine brightly. Raquel wasn't sure if that was in response to her, or if Cassandra was about to do something, but Cassandra seemed to see Kit as the issue. She glared at the woman and her sword quickly transformed into the dragon blunderbuss. "Back off!" She immediately began firing, aiming to get off all three shots in rapid succession.

Meanwhile, Sardis retaliated against Valter in order to make certain he wouldn't have the chance to finish off Silvia. He attacked from range to save time, and then quickly closed the distance, Grabbed Silvia, and leaped to a safe distance again.

Bard B boosts hit for allies! +1

-4 hp

Bard B heals Warlock A! +4 hp

Sardis attacks Valter! Rolls 4,4,2

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25748

HIT!

-14 hp! Res reduced to 0

General A attacks Arietta with Tomahawk! Rolls 5,1,2

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25742

HIT!

0 damage

Warlock A uses el amulet! +4 Mag

Pegasus Knight A attacks Gar! Rolls 6,5,1

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25743

MISS!

Falconknight B attacks Aneda! Rolls 4,5,6

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25744

HIT!

-4 hp (Plagued)

Pegasus Knight B attacks Mao! 2,6,3

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25744

HIT!

-6 hp (Poison reset)

Pegasus Knight C attacks Tia! Rolls 4,2,3

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25746

MISS!

Poison and Plague tick!

Gytha -5

Arietta -5

Mao -4

Aneda -6

ENEMIES

Sardis 27/54 (Erratic) Dark Burst

Bishop A 0/18

Halberdier A 0/21

---

Hayato 0/21

Warrior A 0/21

Warrior B 0/21

---

Colin 21/21 (Erratic) Pascal

Wyvern Lord A 27/27 (Defensive) Warden Lance

Falcon Knight A 18/18 (Passive-Subvert) Razor Lance

---

Silvia 0/18

General A 17/30 (Aggressive) Horseslayer Lance

Warlock A 24/24 (Aggressive) Advanced Shield Fire Tome (+4 MAG)

---

Adept A 0/21

Bard A 0/21

Mage A 0/18

---

Wyvern Rider A 24/24 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Barrier Axe

Falcoknight B 11/18 (Aggressive) Plague Lance

Pegasus Knight A 11/18 (Aggressive) Poison Lance

---

Fighter A 0/21

Mercenary A /0/15

Shaman A 0/15

---

Knight A 0/24

Archer A 0/15

Cleric A 0/18

---

Magician A 0/24

Shaman B 0/15

Soldier A 0/18

---

Monk A 12/21 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Shield Light Tome

Bard B 5/21 (Aggressive) Combat Knife

Mage B 0/18

---

Wyvern Knight B (Defending-Aggressive) Rune Axe

Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) Poison Lance

Pegasus Knight C (Aggressive) Poison Lance

---

Warrior C 0/27

Mercenary B 0/18

Druid A 0/21

---

Myrmidon A 0/15

Archer B 0/18

Bishop B 0/18

------

NPCS

Ayano (Erratic) 0/21 Ayano's Shield

------

PCS

Faatina 0/15

Reign 0/24

Veronika 0/15

---

Grant 0/21

Sinbad 0/24

Synthia 0/12

---

Aneda 8/18

Chelsea 15/15

Gar 2/9

---

Marella 0/24

Rook 0/24

Zach 0/15

---

Arietta 13/24

Axel 0/18

---

Mushirah 23/24

Katrina 0/24

Shadrak 0/18

---

Gabriella 0/21

Norbert 0/18

Valter 1/15

---

Gytha 13/24

Nadya 21/21

Robin 0/15

---

Luka 0/15

Mao 8/18

Tia 7/18

PLAYER PHASE (#6)

Edited by Phoenix

Gytha seemed willing to take shots for her, which Nadya found admirable if not all that smart. She decided to go in and heal Valter, who was still standing after being hit by Sardis. Yep, just keep hittin' them and ignorin' me, Nadya prayed to herself, retreating after the heal.

Nadya heals Valter 1/15--> 14/15 +2 Gytha, Nadya, Robin

A Man Called Gar

That one guy on a horse went and smacked Silvia pretty good. But some enemy guy smacked him, grabbed Silvia and leapt away. That was weird. Gar thought. Oh I do wish I was a dancing man~ Gar looked around for something new to do.

Water flowed about Tia as she sent out another mist, this one bent on bolstering the offensive damage of her teammates, before she took a moment to step back and focus. She was tiring for sure. Controlling this much water was simply an exhausting feat! Mentally she was nearing her limit. Still, she had to keep going. Focusing her water-wall one last time she tried to sweep another enemy team off their feet but being unable to dislodge an enemy monk or his companion bard due to sheer exhaustion.

And that was it. As the monk tried to launch another spell at Tia, her limit was struck full-on. As she tried to wheel the water back to disrupt and distract him, it suddenly went limp and crashed to the ground as Tia outright collapsed. This was akin to taking twenty tests in a single day! Her mind was simply spent and she had no more. Rays of light shot down at the girl, but if they did any damage beyond the superficial was unclear as Tia had already collapsed.

"Connor... I... My head... hurts too much." she said weakly, mumbling into the ground. "I need a pillow."

Tia bards MT. 4/18 HP left.

Tia uses her force tome to attack team Monk/Bard. Rolls a 5, 2, 3. http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25766 Hit! Deals 1 damage (6 MT + 1 bard +2 MTA + 2 roll - 8 RES = 3 damage dealt. 9/21 HP left.

Bard B is missed.

Monk A counters with an auto-hit! http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25772 1, 4, 1! Tia's lucky streak is finally at an end and she goes down.

Edited by Snowy_One

Well, progress was progress, but Kit had found need to break her call to the Emblem so that she could block the incoming gun shots... how annoying.

'Though... Raquel just told the Snake sword to let her go... and it did. Hmm...' Deciding to test this out, Kit outstretched her hand towards the Emblem once again,

'Fire Emblem... heed my call. Come to me, and reject all that would oppose me. Reflect that which would harm me back unto the source, and break free from your captor to find my hand's warmth.'

And so the opposing general launched a counterattack, which Arietta couldn't evade this time. Bracing for the impact of the axe, as it slammed into her chest... and proceeded to do absolutely nothing. The man's face visibly paled as the steel plate that could be seen through the charred dress stopped the tomahawk cold, causing it to clatter to the floor.

"... Ha... Hahahahahaha!" Arietta couldn't help but laugh at this development, general's pride be damned... this was too bloody hilarious.

"Listen, buddy. I'm impressed that ya managed to keep up through that, but... if y'live through this, y'might wanna consider weight trainin, eh?" She chided, before turning about and striking a nearby monk with her maul, voiding the man's intestines from the rest of his body and sending them every which way, mostly showering over the now very aware of his predicament bard, who had just dodged the water spell prior.

"Maybe y'shoulda accepted that bath, eh?"

Arietta(6.5.3) 13 hit - 7 evd, hit! 15 mt - 1 def, 14 damage! Monk A KO!

Arietta 13/24

Monk A 0/24

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=25789

Arietta/Axel +5

Edited by Ether

( http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=25795 )

(Mushirah: 23/24

General: 4/30

Mushirah/Katrina/Shadrak +1 point)

(Aneda defends Chelsea)

Footing regained, sweat wiped from her forehead, the magician was able to get out of the tomahawk's way just in time, by accident or otherwise. She could feel her adrenaline wearing off but the sheer amount of fright in her spurred Mushirah on, gripping the shaft of the thrown weapon, lifting it up with an almost pained grunt, whirling it about once and sending it an impossibly fast speed (for an ordinary person of course) right back at her attacker, embedding it right in his shoulder. She felt no enjoyment from it, but she was satisfied that she'd been able to get her message across. The strain of the situation was plain on her face and demeanor, panting quite heavily.

Aneda felt a painful burning sensation, her vision wavering from the surges. If it weren't for being healed, she may have been doubled over and unable to move. As repayment, she decided to try and play it safe and act as a vanguard for her helper.

Edited by ReformBlade