I have a question, too.

Hi. ...?

Why and when did Serenes Forest become the biggest FE fan-site...?

I mean, I looked at all these other sites, but they're all - so far as I noticed - like, dead. XP

Just curious, that's all.

Maybe 'cause Serenes Forest updates more often?

Speaking of which, I wonder when this forum will die...

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

Hi!

Serenes Forest is by far the most complete and up-to-date Fire Emblem fansite I've been to. My go-to resource before used to be FE Planet, which updates about once a year now and is quite outdated. They have no info on FE12 or Awakening, for starters. Really the only thing it's useful for nowadays is a spriter's resource, and it's still pretty good for that!

Not only does Serenes Forest have frequent up-to-date information, but it has just about any piece of information about the games you could possibly want! It also has a very user-friendly interface and thus very easy to navigate. It's really hard to find anything better than it!

Serenes Forest is also an excellent and catchy enough name for an FE fansite, dont'cha think?

Edited by Timid Taguel

I would suppose SF survived because it has compact info that's easily accessible in a page without having to click through more menus.

The site will probably survive for some time now, following the recent success of Awakening, but who knows I guess

I actually haven't kept track of the "when" part x3

I just remember it being small, and way smaller compared to FEPlanet, then suddenly the amount of members in SF and FEPlanet seemed to switch... Meanwhile FFtF used to be way more talkative+spammier, then suddenly the activity got much lower~ And that was before Awakening, despite Awakening making this place even more active.

So perhaps all I can say is that SF became larger before Awakening was announced for Japan~ I think the trigger of other FE forums dying off was a lack of completely new FE games...? And probably especially how FE12 didn't get released outside of Japan. As for why this forum stayed up that entire time... it just has cool members~

Hi!

Serenes Forest is by far the most complete and up-to-date Fire Emblem fansite I've been to. My go-to resource before used to be FE Planet, which updates about once a year now and is quite outdated. They have no info on FE12 or Awakening, for starters. Really the only thing it's useful for nowadays is a spriter's resource, and it's still pretty good for that!

Not only does Serenes Forest have frequent up-to-date information, but it has just about any piece of information about the games you could possibly want! It also has a very user-friendly interface and thus very easy to navigate. It's really hard to find anything better than it!

Serenes Forest is also an excellent and catchy enough name for an FE fansite, dont'cha think?

Hm... Makes sense. Yeah, the fact that Vincent worked on the site, even though interest in Fire Emblem dropped perhaps helped. Or maybe it was because it was because it was SF that was working on the FE12 translation patch. Or maybe it was both. Or maybe it was neither. Eh, whatever. X3

And yeah, "Serenes Forest" sounds waaaaaaaay cooler than "FEPlanet" or "FE Empire" or whatnot.

At least in my opinion, that is.

I would suppose SF survived because it has compact info that's easily accessible in a page without having to click through more menus.

The site will probably survive for some time now, following the recent success of Awakening, but who knows I guess

I certainly hope it survives. I wouldn't to see my favorite forum die. : (

I actually haven't kept track of the "when" part x3

I just remember it being small, and way smaller compared to FEPlanet, then suddenly the amount of members in SF and FEPlanet seemed to switch... Meanwhile FFtF used to be way more talkative+spammier, then suddenly the activity got much lower~ And that was before Awakening, despite Awakening making this place even more active.

So perhaps all I can say is that SF became larger before Awakening was announced for Japan~ I think the trigger of other FE forums dying off was a lack of completely new FE games...? And probably especially how FE12 didn't get released outside of Japan. As for why this forum stayed up that entire time... it just has cool members~

Serenes Forest has cooler members than other sites?

Of course. X3

Maybe it was because Vincent and TheEnd and the rest were working on an FE12 translation, and people wanted to play it?

Yeah, I was thinking of the translation patch as well... =o But idk when the other forums started to drop, before or after. But if it was when FE12 was released, then yeah the translation patch could be what kept it up~

Then there are the people like me who stayed only for the friends they made and had fun talking here~

Yeah, I was thinking of the translation patch as well... =o But idk when the other forums started to drop, before or after. But if it was when FE12 was released, then yeah the translation patch could be what kept it up~

Then there are the people like me who stayed only for the friends they made and had fun talking here~

Or maybe Serenes Forest was just too awesome to die at the time. X3

Don't other FE forums have FFtF-like boards?

[/s]

Maybe you're thinking of when FESS closed down and SF became its successor?