D-pad or analog stick (for Fire Emblem)?

Stuff I'm curious about.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more comfortable to you? (As in, which do you usually use?)

• I prefer the D-pad.
    • Analog is what I use usually.
    • Both, depending on the situation.
  2. 2. Do you keep your battle animations on or off?

• I keep them on.
    • Off, duh.
    • Depends. Sometimes on. Sometimes off.

I'm just wondering.

Because, well, I just can't seem to get used to playing FE games with the analog stick.

I try for a little bit, but then I just switch over to the D-pad.

In fact, for most of the games I have, the analog stick is my choice.

But for Fire Emblem... Nope, I can't do it. >_>

So I was wondering how other people play?

Analog or D-pad?

EDIT: Also, this is just another thing I'm curious about, but...

Do you keep the battle animations on or off?

Me?

For some reason, I just can't stand watching my units fight. Mostly because I know exactly how much damage is dealt/the outcome of the battle. If there's a critical or dodge, it still shows, even with battle animations off.

And honestly, I don't mind seeing little map sprites bumping into each other. >_<

In other words, my mentality is like, "I don't care how pretty the battle animations are. I'll maybe just watch to see what the weapons/magic look like, but that's it. I don't need to sit for 10 seconds watching them battle when I can be moving along actually finishing the chapter."

EDIT 2: Also, how do you make a poll public? I can't seem to be able to find the check box. >_>

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

To me, it depends. If the game allows for diagonal movement in something, I use the Analog Stick for that. Other than that, like when going through menus, input commands, or there is no diagonal movement possible, it's the D-Pad. So you could say I'm comfortable with both, if anything, though there's not current poll option for that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

To me, it depends. If the game allows for diagonal movement in something, I use the Analog Stick for that. Other than that, like when going through menus, input commands, or there is no diagonal movement possible, it's the D-Pad. So you could say I'm comfortable with both, if anything, though there's not current poll option for that.

I'd add another option, but I'm curious about what people usually go for. One or the other.

For Fire Emblem in particular, where there isn't really any diagonals.

...Actually I'd better specify that I'm talking about Fire Emblem in particular.

I'd add another option, but I'm curious about what people usually go for. One or the other.

For Fire Emblem in particular, where there isn't really any diagonals.

...Actually I'd better specify that I'm talking about Fire Emblem in particular.

Well, it's not different for FE. Actually, I'm sure the Tellius games allow for the map cursor to go diagonal. So yeah, not much different.

As for animations... well, it also depends. If playing on a console I always keep them on and stuff, but if I'm like in a hurry to play a certain chapter or finish the chapter quicker, I skip them. For handhelds it's the other way around, I always skip them, but if I'm like not in a hurry to finish a chapter or I still have enough battery, I turn them on. So yeah, I don't really go for either solely... though there's no poll option for that either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Analogue stick. It's something I'm used to, I suppose.

Animations are on/off depending on the game. Sometimes I turn them on for boss fights. In Awakening I have them on for player phase only.