Djing

Halberdier Max Stats

Str: 41

Mag: 30

Skl: 45

Spd: 41

Def: 44

Res: 38

Level 1 Skill - Provoke - All enemies will attack the unit with this skill. If multiple units within range have this skill, normal unit priority is used. No effect on streetpass.

Leval 10 Skill - Not too sure about this one.

Promoted Level 5 skill - Adept - Enables an extra attack. Dual strikes and skills cannot occur with this second attack. Skill%

Promoted Level 15 skill - Resolve - Skill and Speed +10 when below 50% hp.

What do guys think? Too OP? Too unoriginal?

The skills seem kind of arbitrary, just picking random things that didn't show up in FE13 instead of things that would suit the class or levels. Also, I don't think Adept would work well at all in this game, being much stronger than the Skl% skills and not much weaker than the Skl/2% skills.

Edited by Othin

Better yet

Halberdier Max Stats

Str: 44
Mag: 28
Skl: 46
Spd: 43
Def: 41
Res: 37

Level 1 Skill - SKL +5 - Gives SKL+5

Level 10 Skill - Provoke - Makes enemies more likely to attack this unit than other units.

Promoted Level 5 skill - Pierce - Penetrates enemy DEF/RES fully. SKL+LCK/6 activation chance.

Promoted Level 15 skill - Resolve - Skill and Speed +10 when below 30% HP.

"But Klok archers give SKL+2 what's the point of them now??"

Yeah well archers have shitty skillsets and should be different anyway.

Edited by Klok

Hm...

Soldier

HP: 60

Strength: 26

Magic: 20

Skill: 27

Speed: 25

Luck: 30

Defense: 28

Resistance: 24

Weapons: Lance

Lv. 1: Syenergy (Any allied unit that are adjacent to this unit, as well as the user, gains a +10% increase in Dual Strike and Dual Block, so long as they're adjacent to each other. It is not stackable, so the unit can only receive the benefit from this bonus once, but can give it to as many units as possible that can be adjacent to him/her, provided they don't have the skill themselves, and aren't benefitting from the skill's effects from another unit with this skill.)

Lv. 10: Teamwork (Any unit paired up with this unit gains Attack +4 and Hit +15 when initiating a Dual Strike.)

Promotes to either General or Halberdier.

Halberdier

HP: 80

Strength: 42

Magic: 30

Skill: 44

Speed: 40

Luck: 45

Defense: 46

Resistance: 38

Weapons: Lance

Lv. 5: Phalanx (Attack and Defense increases by 1 for every unit adjacent to the bearer of this skill.)

Lv. 15: Lancefaire (and thus, I have to come up with a new skill for Falcon Knight... I guess I'll just give them Canto or something.)

Well, I tried. I probably failed to make an even remotely balanced class (either one way or another), but I tried at least. Point and laugh if you want.

Synergy seems rather excessive with Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+ around, more than obsoleting both at just LV1. The teamwork theme as a whole is neat, though. And it makes a lot of sense to give Falcon Knights a new LV15 skill rather than coming up with one for Halberdiers.

Soldier: Lance-Wielding footsoldiers who use teamwork and balanced stats to operate in war.

Lances

Maxstats:

Str: 27

Mag: 20

Skl: 26

Spd: 25

Def: 27

Res: 24

Move: 5

Lv. 1 Skill-Discipline: Weapon Exp growth is doubled. (Cavaliers get Flank: Duel Strikes always hit)

Lv. 10 Skill- Formation: +2 Def to all Adjacent units

(Promotes to Paladin or Halberdier)

Halberdier: A veteran soldier with mastery of Lances. Boasts high stats all around.

Lances

Maxstats:

Str: 43

Skl: 43

Def: 43

Res: 38

Move: 7

Lv. 5 Skill-Impale: Opponent loses 20% health at end of combat (Skill Stat/.75)

Lv. 15 Skill-Skewer: Always attack first on mounted units.

Lancefaire is probably a better idea than Skewer for the final skill, and Phalanx sounds pretty neat as well.

I'm trying to work Sentinel's Impale skill in, but I'm not exactly sure how it would work. A super-crit like it was in RD isn't very original.

Edited by Melonhead

Synergy seems rather excessive with Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+ around, more than obsoleting both at just LV1. The teamwork theme as a whole is neat, though. And it makes a lot of sense to give Falcon Knights a new LV15 skill rather than coming up with one for Halberdiers.

You're probably right. Should I halve the bonuses from it, or think up another skill?

And I went with the teamwork theme because of how I thought it would affect gameplay. The enemy wouldn't get much use out of those skills (other than Lancefaire and maybe Phalanx, if they are smart enough to put units together) which would let the Soldier still be the underling class, yet also be useful as a player class.

Halberdier Max Stats

Str: 43
Skl: 44
Def: 43
Res: 35

(I went by the 236 cap that Hero and Paladin use since it is a hybrid of the 2)

Lv.1 Solo - gains 1.5x exp when fighting without being paired up (opposite of Veteran)

Lv. 10 Adept - one of the classics from FE4 (Skill = %) either this at level 10 or switch with Parity

Lv. 5 Parity - cancels terrain bonuses (always active) or ^^^

Lv. 15 Nihil - cancels enemy skill (skill/2) or Reversal - returns damage when hit with an indirect attack excluding long range magic and long bow (opposite of Counter)

I know its not original, someone else mentioned Adept, and everybody hate Nihil.

Come at me! :B

Edited by JosefLior

Soldier: Lance-Wielding footsoldiers who use teamwork and balanced stats to operate in war.

Lances

Maxstats:

Str: 27

Skl: 26

Spd: 25

Res: 24

Move: 5

Lv. 1 Skill-Discipline: Weapon Exp growth is doubled. (Cavaliers get Flank: Duel Strikes always hit)

Lv. 10 Skill- Formation: +2 Def to all Adjacent units

(Promotes to Paladin or Halberdier)

I'd love to like this,m except it makes no sense to give Discipline to a lance-only unit which promotes to a lance-locked unit. Edited by Klok

You're probably right. Should I halve the bonuses from it, or think up another skill?

And I went with the teamwork theme because of how I thought it would affect gameplay. The enemy wouldn't get much use out of those skills (other than Lancefaire and maybe Phalanx, if they are smart enough to put units together) which would let the Soldier still be the underling class, yet also be useful as a player class.

The teamwork theme seems iffy to me since rally skills exist.

Heres an interesting skill

Vanguard - Doubles the effects of rally for this unit

Edited by Spaceman Craig

I'd love to like this,m except it makes no sense to give Discipline to a lance-only unit which promotes to a lance-locked unit.

It makes more sense than a skill+5
We could probably get into a big conversation on how discipline is useless regardless of the class, with the whole infinite grinding aspect of the game. By the time you have A rank, you could relcass to grab other skills-it isn't permanent. It's not like lv. 1 skills are gamebreaking anyway: Why would you use wrath?
My only other idea would be this:
Wield: Units can use weapons one level higher then their weapon rank. (i.e. E Lances allows access to iron lances)
That could be gamebreaking or useless, depending on they way you look at it.

I was actually thinking on adding an HP rally skill. Edited by Melonhead

Do Rally skills affect the Pair-Up unit? Even better, wouldn't it be nice to combine this with bonuses from Rally?

Heres an interesting skill

Vanguard - Doubles the effects of rally for this unit

That sounds broken as all hell, given how high bonuses Rally can give you.

Making this more akin to Dread Fighter/Bride than a straight promotion

STR: 44

MAG: 30

SKL: 47

SPE: 44

LCK: 45

DEF: 42

RES: 35

Lv.1 Skill - Omnibreaker (+15 Hit/Avoid if the enemy is equipped with a Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Tome)

Lv.15 Skill - Reinforce (Summons a Lv.10 Soldier. Soldier can't support, trade weapons, be involved in pair up, and has generic dialogue on event tiles. Soldier disappears at the end of the map. Can only be used once per map.)

I noticed that both Bride and Dread Fighter have a Lv.1 skill superior to an already existing skill (Res +10 vs Res +2 and Rally Heart vs Rally Movement). I also really like Tanith's Reinforce from FE9 so I wanted to put it in FE9 as well.

Soldier's stats

30 HP

12 STR

0 MAG

14 SKL

12 SPE

1 LCK

11 DEF

2 RES

Gets Hard Mode/Lunatic Mode bonuses

I noticed that both Bride and Dread Fighter have a Lv.1 skill superior to an already existing skill (Res +10 vs Res +2 and Rally Heart vs Rally Movement). I also really like Tanith's Reinforce from FE9 so I wanted to put it in FE9 as well.

Soldier's stats

30 HP

12 STR

0 MAG

14 SKL

12 SPE

1 LCK

11 DEF

2 RES

but then it'd be worthless past the first arc of the game

Soldier:

Level 1 - Adept - Spd% chance of attacking twice.

Level 10 - Resolve - Increases speed and skill by 50% while at 50% health or lower.

Halberdier:

Level 5 - Impale - Skl/2% chance of dealing x4 damage.

Level 15 - Transform - Adds menu command to transform the unit into Nephenee for the duration of the battle.

Level 1 unpromoted skill

Essentials - Increase stats of all Bronze, Iron, Steel and Silver weapons.

Might +2, Hit + 10, Crit +10 on all Bronze to Silver weapons. Useless for mage and shifter classes.

Level 10 unpromoted skill

Provoke - Enemys target the user more often.

Level 5 promoted Skill

Vanguard - All stats +2 when rallied. Does not stack with multiple rallies

Level 15 promoted skill

Advance - Defense and Resistence +10 when attacking

Making this more akin to Dread Fighter/Bride than a straight promotion

STR: 44

MAG: 30

SKL: 47

SPE: 44

LCK: 45

DEF: 42

RES: 35

Lv.1 Skill - Omnibreaker (+15 Hit/Avoid if the enemy is equipped with a Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Tome)

Lv.15 Skill - Reinforce (Summons a Lv.10 Soldier. Soldier can't support, trade weapons, be involved in pair up, and has generic dialogue on event tiles. Soldier disappears at the end of the map. Can only be used once per map.)

Soldier's stats

30 HP

12 STR

0 MAG

14 SKL

12 SPE

1 LCK

11 DEF

2 RES

That is.. different. I like the idea of the reinforce skill, but wouldn't those stats be a bit low for later on? Maybe it could be 75% of all stats, so an 80 HP, 40 Def soldier would summon a 60 Hp, 30 Def soldier.

EDIT: I can't think of many enemy units without a sword, axe, lance, bow, or tome.

Edited by Melonhead

Came up with this awhile ago on GameFAQs.

Soldier: Wields lances
Base Caps
HP: 60
Str: 25
Skl: 24
Spd: 27
Luck: 30
Res: 23
Skills
Lv. 1 Str/Def +1- increases Strength and Defense by 1
Lv. 10 Fortune- At <50% HP, negates critical hits

Halberdier: wields lances, bows
Base Caps
Str: 46
Mag: 31
Skl: 40
Spd: 44
Def: 45
Res: 39
Skills
Lv. 5 Nova- Adds (Rating/14) to your attack (Trigger rate: Skill/2%)
Lv. 15 Nihil- Negates enemy trigger skills in battle (skills that show text in battle, such as Aether, Pavise, etc.)

Halberdier: wields lances, bows

Base Caps

Str: 46

Mag: 31

Skl: 40

Spd: 44

Def: 45

Res: 39

Skills

Lv. 5 Nova- Adds (Rating/14) to your attack (Trigger rate: Skill/2%)

Lv. 15 Nihil- Negates enemy trigger skills in battle (skills that show text in battle, such as Aether, Pavise, etc.)

I'm probably the only person who like Nihil, but it seems good. I always loved how Nihil worked, especially in a game like this.

I kind of hope that Halberdier don't get bows since it'll just be an outclassed Bride, but at the same time this wouldn't be female only, would it? I kind of just hope that Halberdiers get kickass exclusive lances instead of different weapons to add over lances.

Edited by Quick

Totally and completely doesn't break the game. Totally.

Lunatic+ is now regular Lunatic.

hopefully i didn't make the skills too OP

soldier skills

LVL 1 - Skillful - Plus 15 accuracy

LVL 10 - block - plus 3 defense when paired up

Halberdier skills

LVL 5 - Rally accuracy - + 50 accuracy for 1 turn

LVL 15 - long reach - All lance weapons can attack at 1-2 range but lose 50 hit