Optimizing my characters

Tobeh

Heya, I just joined the boards. I've been doing a lot of research and can't figure out how I can get the absolute value from my characters. So I figure i'd join the best boards on the subject and just ask what I can do to do so. I'm playing on lunatic/classis - chapter 18. I have a really good MU and a few others that are just above average. I was reading that TSON is the hardest in the game - so i'm plaining to take that down.

From what i've read this seems like the best pairings:

Chrom: Olivia
MU: Tharja
Lissa: Ricken
Sully: Donnel
Maribelle: Libra
Sumia: Henry
Cordelia: Stahl,
Cherche: Vaike
Panne: Gregor
Miriel: Lon'qu
Tharja: MU
Nowi: Gaius

The only people I actually have together are Chrom:Olivia for story purposes. The others I have at A to make the battles easier. So, would these be the absolute best pairings? Also, what skills should I pass down to the children if these are the best? If these aren't what should I pass down? What would my final unit actually look like with skills/classes/supports?

I'd like to apologize if this is to much, it's just that from what i've been reading around everybody has it so different. I know there's different styles to approach the endgame.

Theres no such things as best pairing, because every pairing has its downside and good points

Anyway my suggestions

Lissa: Libra
Sully: Vaike
Maribelle: MU/Donnel

Cherche: Frederick
Tharja: Donnel/Donnel

Donnel!Noire already gets AT and Sol

MU!Brady can make up for Brady's rather lackluster skillset when Brady is not a supporting character(but then again, Brady is the best non MU/Chrom/Morgan Male supporter in the game with Henry as a dad)

Vaike into Sully because AT Sol PavGis Kjelle is good enough, and Vaike has amazing mods for Kjelle

Frederick into Cherche for DG+.

*The hard things about Chrom!Olivia, aside from Sumia's Lucina being ridiculously versatile is the fact that Sumia is forced to go with Freddy(resulting in Cynthia with Palladin Acess, so its by no means bad) or Henry(Cherche and Maribelle wanted Henry, but Henry Cynthia is the best non MU/Morgan Female supporter in the game)

Edited by JSND

Maribelle: MU/Donnel

Tharja: Donnel/Donnel

I think there's a few typos in here. haha.

But from what you said in the few paragraphs i'm going to go with you meant...

Maribelle: MU

Tharja: Donne

So this would be my end results for the children? I know I have to pass down as much armsthrift and galeforce as possible - I was also under the assumption that the endgame classes were suppose to be dark fliers, sorcerers, etc... Well, from what i've read.

technically you don't really need like everyone sorcs or something

just make a good team set ups with support units with proper skills and main units who can survive EP and you will do fine

Sorcs, Sages, Heroes, Palladins, Dark Flier, and Zerker made some of the best team though

Anyway your first default set ups is actually pretty good. My proposed set up resulted in less Galeforce, so keep that in mind

Edited by JSND

The following female children cannot get the Pegasus Knight class from their mothers:

Lucina (if Chrom goes with Sully/random village girl)

Kjelle

Noire

Nah

The following male children can potentially inherit Galeforce:

Owain

Brady

Inigo

The following fathers can pass on Pegasus Knight:

MU

Donnel

Gaius

The following children get Mercenary naturally:

Inigo

Morgan

Severa

The following fathers pass down Mercenary:

MU

Donnel

Gregor

Vaike (daughter only)

Now, combine these sets, and you'll see that Donnel should be paired with one of Sully/Tharja/Nowi to pass down both Armsthrift and the Pegasus Knight class. If you want an infinite-use Nosfertanker, have him pair with Tharja. MU can pair with one of Sully/Nowi to generate a Morgan and Kjelle/Nah that can Nosfertank forever; Gaius can pair with whoever out of Sully/Nowi is left. Inigo will also be a natural Galeforce/Armsthrift user, but you'll have to grind with Olivia a LOT.

Gregor should pair with whoever you want to have Armsthrift (preferably someone who gets Galeforce). Since I'm silly, I'd probably pair him with Maribelle, so Brady gets a full complement of classes to his name (Owain naturally gets Gregor's other classes).

Next comes Sumia, the weird case. Since her options are terribly limited, I'd probably give her Henry, on the basis that Frederick has terrible bases (and an overlapping Knight class, which is silly). While it would be nice to give Vaike a pairing such that he has a daughter, most of them are spoken for, and the one that isn't doesn't care about Armsthrift (Cordelia).

So far, here's what I've got:

Chrom: Olivia (since his other brides are spoken for, and generic village girl is a no-go)

MU: Sully/Nowi

Lissa: ??? (Owain should inherit Galeforce)

Sully: MU/Gaius

Maribelle: Gregor (Brady should inherit Galeforce)

Cordelia: ??? (Severa naturally gets Armsthrift and Galeforce)

Cherche: ???

Panne: ???

Miriel: ???

Tharja: Donnel (pass on one of Aptitude/Underdog/HP + 5/Zeal/Rally Strength/Counter, 'cause Noire can't get these normally)

Nowi: MU/Gaius

From here, you'll have to decide what you want your kids to do. Here's a list of the remaining fathers, and the advantages they'll pass on.

Frederick: You'll have a kid who can get both Pavise and Aegis, and it's not too hard to get him to pass down Luna. Oh, and his final class flies.

Virion: He flies relatively safely, thanks to Bowbreaker/Deliverer.

Stahl: Pass on a Paladin (hello Aegis), and that's ignoring Bowbreaker.

Vaike: Passes down both Fighter and Barbarian; while there will be some overlap, it means that another male child can get Counter/Wrath (or some other silly critical build of your choice).

Kellam: Knight and Thief are at opposite ends of the squishy scale; if you want a Trickster that can take hits and dish 'em right back with Luna (or maybe a General that laughs at terrain), he can pass those classes on!

Lon'qu: Pile on Movement + 1 and Deliverer, throw on a support that gives movement, and you'll be across the map in no time!

Ricken: He is a complete and utter pain in the ass to train and--what, be serious about it? Fine. . .uh, he can pass down Bowbreaker to a flying unit?

Libra: He has Dark Mage in his class set, so pairing him with someone that naturally gets Galeforce/Armsthrift will net you Yet Another Nosftertanker (*cough*Cordelia*cough*).

Hope this helps~!

^ Ricken gives DG+

Also for Nosfertank Kjelle, I think Vaike is plenty for her. PavGis Sol is basically Nosfertank equivalent

Also Fred Sumia is the only non Chrom and MU that gives Palladin which is a pretty amazing class for support. Cynthia also gets Deliverer from Fred. Pretty underatted IMO

Fred is also an amazing, if dull, father for Gerome. High STR and DEF and access to the Paladin class (plus DG+) turns Gerome into an incredible physical support.