So do you think Robin is an Mary Sue?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have certain traits that are Sueish (which is kinda expected when you have what is meant to be a pseudo self insert), but ultimately since the plot doesn't necessarily bend to their will and not all characters get down on their knees to worship them, I don't think they are. It is possible to seem like a Mary Sue/Gary Stu without actually being a legit one.

Are you kidding me? Avatar is like a toned-down version of Lelouche.

"Great strategy, Avatar! This is a flawless plan!"

Later...

"Ho-holy hell... how did that not work? Is there a raincloud following you around, or something?"

Well, they need to be generic enough for the everygamer to put himself in their shoes, so I don't think a lack of defined character traits makes them Sue-ish. In terms of their relationships, I'm only at Chapter 17, so I can't vouch for the whole game. Characters haven't been fawning over my MU yet, though. It's more like "Wow, that was a really clever strategy! Okay back to important stuff. *turn to Chrom*"

Cordelia on the other hand...

Edited by Paulina

Not at all. They aren't good at anything and at least one of their plans is aout manauvered by Gangrel. Sure they can have any class and support anyone, but they're the player character, it's to be expected.

no, people need to stop overusing the term

This to the power of infinity. It's like every FE character of any importance at all gets the term Mary Sue thrown at them. ;/

This to the power of infinity. It's like every FE character of any importance at all gets the term Mary Sue thrown at them. ;/

That is actually Dime-a-dozen in the internet.

Seriously... Mary Sue these days means more "character you do not like" than anything.

But I didn't say Chrom is one and he's the main lord.

Dude, I wasn't referring to you in particular. There are other's who've made "Is X a Mary Sue" as well, some of whom are more prevalent than others. Either way, it's kind of annoying.

People are not troubled by Micaiah on that note so.....

waht

From what I've seen, Micaiah's actually gotten the worst of it.

-Sigh- Another one of these mary sue threads. We may as well call they entire series full of nothing but mary sues at the end of this

You are using a term you have absolutely no clue what it actually means. Just using it to get negative feedback on a character you may dislike.

waht

From what I've seen, Micaiah's actually gotten the worst of it.

MU is a Mary Sue!

People reaction: WTF not true!

Micaiah is a Mary Sue!

People reaction: BURN THE WITCH!

Heh

And they are basically having the same problem comes part 3

Well, they need to be generic enough for the everygamer to put himself in their shoes, so I don't think a lack of defined character traits makes them Sue-ish. In terms of their relationships, I'm only at Chapter 17, so I can't vouch for the whole game. Characters haven't been fawning over my MU yet, though. It's more like "Wow, that was a really clever strategy! Okay back to important stuff. *turn to Chrom*"

Cordelia on the other hand...

loool, kinda agree on the bolded parts...

Can't really say I see Robin as one, though my friend was saying something like that... but again, my friend doesn't play FE so she wouldn't know any better.