Experimental tier list 2

base jill already has 15 str, 17 spd with transfers and all of the DB resources. i don't want to say for sure that she insta-promotes in 1-6-1, but that's enough for her to hit 17 str, 19 spd for 1-6-2.

basically you're just supposed to give jill the best transfers (everything except res, luk) and all of the stat boosters, then ride her through the DB chapters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill's optimal promotion time is 1-E, I think. But it's definitely after 1-6-2. She just needs a lot of level ups to get her stats up to par; level ups which she can't get if she doesn't promote. If you dump all your resources into Jill and give her some amazing transfers, she can become durable enough to practically solo 3-6 with some Physic help from Micaiah and some Concoctions / Elixirs.

She kinda has to get the Boots in any LTC playthrough where she's used (to get that reliable 3-13 2 turn); as a result, she has a 2 move advantage over Haar in Part 4. This advantage over Haar may seem silly to you, but the advantage is still there regardless. It's impossible to 2-turn 3-13 otherwise, unless you use Boots Tauroneo, which no serious LTC player will ever do. Giving Boots to Tauroneo is like giving it to Lyre, except you save 1 turn from it. Both are completely useless in Part 4.

She has unique utility in chapters 1-6-1, 1-6-2, 1-E (I need her for the Speedwing in 5 turns here, due to her flight which allows her to ignore ledges), 3-6 (allows a 7 turn here), 3-12, 3-13, and all the part 4 chapters she's in over Haar. Haar only has unique utility in, as far as I remember, 2-E, 3-3 and 3-4. It isn't a stretch to imagine that a transfers promoted Oscar can replicate what Haar can do here, in chapters 3-8 and 3-10. Titania is basically a Haar without flight, so Haar doesn't seem to be really that good compared to Jill--whereas Jill is unique.

It's also worth noting that it's almost impossible to give Haar a speed transfer without RNG abuse and a bunch of Speedwings in FE9 if I recall correctly, whereas it's much more likely for Jill to get a speed transfer without even needing any Speedwings.

So really, Jill wins in parts 1, 3 and 4, whereas Haar wins in part 2--and that's only by one turn in one chapter. Jill's just more useful and unique when she's around.

Edited by Chiki