The funny moment when Panne does the same Dmg as Walhart

Panne dealing 20x2 to Walhart...with a Hand Axe.

7nTnr.png

On a more serious note. I thought that guy was going to lolstomp my team single-handedly, but Panne took him out twice by accident. I wanted to have battle nun Sumia take him out, but she didn't critical and I had Chrom finish him.

I still think he's about as tough as BK. He's one scary dude.

I think he deserves a theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tida-hyDxXE

Both fit him really well so I couldn't go with just one.

Edited by Juliet

Doesn't he suck because he joins really late? Barring Spd (which is fixed with a Pair-Up and a Tonic), the rest of his stats are pretty good.

Doesn't he suck because he joins really late? Barring Spd (which is fixed with a Pair-Up and a Tonic), the rest of his stats are pretty good.

It's more me hating his character.

I don't know man, if Basilio actually joined during Valm arc he definitely wouldn't suck

By rights, I feel like he and Flavia should've joined sooner. Since they start accompanying your army in like Ch. 8. I mean in Ch. 10 he runs with you and is like, ohp- we gotta kill these guys first, but then sits out the fight. While talking to Mustafa. Ofcourse I understand, they would've been stat drained that early, but still. It'd make a little sense.

Walmart wasn't that great a villain in my opinion. :/ I can't really stand men like him, and his design is just so lolugly.

Panne dealing 20x2 to Walhart...with a Hand Axe.

-snip-

I still think he's about as tough as BK. He's one scary dude.

I dunno...

Fighting Walhart never struck me as anywhere near as insane a proposition as fighting the Black Knight. It helps that the first time or two you run into the BK you can't even scratch him and he can (and will) one-shot any unit that steps into his range means that for the rest of PoR and RD - for me, at least - he was infused with an aura of immense power and menace that Walhart can't even begin to touch.

And this is in both games.

Also, nearly killing Basilio means a lot less when you finally do recruit Basilio and find that any of the enemies in that mission can kill him without breaking a sweat (on Lunatic).

Don't get me wrong, Walhart is a fine villain and is certainly menacing, but he's not in the same league as BK.

/end horribly subjective rant

On topic: the lyrics of that music (the first one) fit Walhart absolutely perfectly. I'm not sure about the style, but the lyrics are totally him. Good call.

They should have named him Target; at least the sign for it is as red as he is.

wat

Um...I one-shotted Walhart with Donnel. (Donnel is the Don)

Lol I'm a scrublord.

You're probably a scrub who grinds. :smug:

What's a scrublord.

I dunno...

Fighting Walhart never struck me as anywhere near as insane a proposition as fighting the Black Knight. It helps that the first time or two you run into the BK you can't even scratch him and he can (and will) one-shot any unit that steps into his range means that for the rest of PoR and RD - for me, at least - he was infused with an aura of immense power and menace that Walhart can't even begin to touch.

And this is in both games.

Also, nearly killing Basilio means a lot less when you finally do recruit Basilio and find that any of the enemies in that mission can kill him without breaking a sweat (on Lunatic).

Don't get me wrong, Walhart is a fine villain and is certainly menacing, but he's not in the same league as BK.

/end horribly subjective rant

On topic: the lyrics of that music (the first one) fit Walhart absolutely perfectly. I'm not sure about the style, but the lyrics are totally him. Good call.

I think Walhart's presence is much more fear-inducing than that of BK's. Notice how when Basilio encountered him he was like "THEYRE WRECKING OUR ARMY...OH SHIT ITS ONLY ONE GUY SOLO'ING OUR ARMY".

Granted, stat-wise, it's most likely easier to fight against Walhart because pretty much anyone can take him on while BK has the luxury of being both plot and skill-protected (in FE9, only Ragnell can hurt him). And then there's the fact the fact that you can only fight him once at 3-7 (Haar can kill him) before 4-E-2 and only then, it's only Ike and he can just Hammer him wfor a 1RKO.

Also, glad you liked the song.

I've had Donnel one-shot Walmart on lunatic without grinding..

Mind it was a Donnel solo and he needed a crit..but still very awesome.

liar

Edited by Juliet

I think Walhart's presence is much more fear-inducing than that of BK's. Notice how when Basilio encountered him he was like "THEYRE WRECKING OUR ARMY...OH SHIT ITS ONLY ONE GUY SOLO'ING OUR ARMY".

Granted, stat-wise, it's most likely easier to fight against Walhart because pretty much anyone can take him on while BK has the luxury of being both plot and skill-protected (in FE9, only Ragnell can hurt him). And then there's the fact the fact that you can only fight him once at 3-7 (Haar can kill him) before 4-E-2 and only then, it's only Ike and he can just Hammer him wfor a 1RKO.

And the Black Knight didn't do that? Not to mention that the army he fought by himself was a Laguz army.

As a bonus, he later he took a white dragon breath to the face and just shrugged it off.

It's also a matter of "show, don't tell". If the Black Knight is perfectly capable of showing up anytime and kicking your ass, then he is a lot more intimidating then some other dude who is merely stated to be that powerful.

Edited by BrightBow

@Juliet: A scrublord is an even scrubbier scrub. :/

I'm gonna Donnel Solo on my 2nd playthrough.

Funny unrelated story: I was playing Double Duel yesterday with my friend Jordan (We have the same name lol), and he picked a capped Tiki, Lucy, and Spotpass Ayra. I picked Henry (who's Lv10, cuz I never used him, EVER.), Donnel, and Stahl.

Long story short, we kept playing Vaike's Victory & Ricken's chosen. His capped units did like no damage, while Henry had crits all day, and Donnel got Crit+Sol with EVERY attack.

So I started using Henry more, and realized how much of a champ he is until my forged Ruin Tome broke.

I also started callind Donnel "The DON", an married him to Sully, making a broken Kjelle.

Then Donnel became my 3rd greatest character, behind me & my waifu.

Nope, complete truth. Getting him going was a nightmare...

8(

I want to play LM too.

What class was he and what skillsets did he have?

And the Black Knight didn't do that? Not to mention that the army he fought by himself was a Laguz army.

As a bonus, he later he took a white dragon breath to the face and just shrugged it off.

BK posed as Zelgius so people weren't really supposed to know that. ): It really is a matter of "show don't tell". Everyone seems to make a great deal about that while BK is rather discrete about it.

But why do people think BK > Walhart story-wise. Stat-wise BK wins by a bit, but story-wise Walhart soloes an aarmy while BK only really beats Skrimir because Skrimir is an over-confident idiot, meanwhile Ranulf could put up some fight.

It's also a matter of "show, don't tell". If the Black Knight is perfectly capable of showing up anytime and kicking your ass, then he is a lot more intimidating then some other dude who is merely stated to be that powerful.

):

I'm almost convinced. Almost.

BK posed as Zelgius so people weren't really supposed to know that. ): It really is a matter of "show don't tell". Everyone seems to make a great deal about that while BK is rather discrete about it.

But why do people think BK > Walhart story-wise. Stat-wise BK wins by a bit, but story-wise Walhart soloes an aarmy while BK only really beats Skrimir because Skrimir is an over-confident idiot, meanwhile Ranulf could put up some fight.

I was referring to PoR chapter 27, when Tibarn mentions how he showed up and wiped out an entire unit.

I'm guessing it has to do with how much more screentime BK gets. He shows up early in PoR and effortlessly kills Greil, and manages to be threatening in every story appearance after that. The first time you can fight him, he's literally invincible. The second time, you pretty much have to get lucky to win. In RD, he's not invincible anymore, but he still has endgame level stats and you feel his prescene throughout the story.

They tried to do the same for Walhart, but he only gets a few chapters to do it. When he finally shows up in person, you can beat him. BK is "perfectly capable of showing up anytime and kicking your ass", but that's only convincing because he actually does so throughout the story. Walhart doesn't get the same chance; his conquest is entirely in the backstory and the important character he kills is one we've never seen fight.