Astra vs luna vs sol

98 members have voted

1. 1. which should i choose?

• Luna
    • sol
    • astra

Sol's winning because it can save your life. I'd say you should go Sol>Luna>Astra. Sol is used mostly for enemy turn by tanks, while Luna and Astra are skills for sweepers, where Astra is better against enemies with lower defense/resistance and Luna when enemies have higher numbers there.

Luna is the best straight offense proc in the game, maybe with Ignis as a comparison. Even then, its debatable

Sol is the best proc in the game because this is Awakening, the game where offense is the least important thing while Durability wins over anything

I have yet to challenge Lunatic mode, but Sol is probably the best choice of these. It activates pretty often and drastically increases your survivability as long as you have a good offense (which isn't as hard to accomplish, as you have access to powerful weapons); however, if durability is not an issue for the unit in question and you just want more offensive power, go with Astra. Luna is pretty terrible until very late in the game, and even then Astra pretty much guarantees a ORKO when it procs, whereas Luna may proc more often, but only adds a little damage (that may still not be enough to ORKO if you weren't able to beforehand). Instead of relying on Luna procs to deal decent damage to enemies with high Def/Res, you're better off just attacking whatever of their defensive stats is lower (or abusing an effective weapon).

Luna doesn't add to much damage to the original damage you will deal, so, I think that Sol is better, but requires to deal too much damage if you want to heal you greatly, because of that Astra is much better, just combine it with a faire skill and a Brave Weapon, and with some good critical percentage you will output a ton of damage

Edited by Avatar

Luna doesn't add to much damage to the original damage you will deal, so, I think that Sol is better, but requires to deal too much damage if you want to heal you greatly, because of that Astra is much better, just combine it with a faire skill and a Brave Weapon, and with some good critical percentage you will output a ton of damage

If you can deal great damage with Astra, so can you with Sol, and critical hits would benefit any of tha skills, not only Astra.

Luna got nerfed hard. When you're dealing with enemies that don't have really high Defense, it's not that useful. Astra also sucks without armsthrift because goodbye weapon uses. If you have a high crit rate it can be fun, but that's about it. Sol on the other hand is extremely useful. Healing is fun!

Ignis is the best though, I think. I'd place it along the same lines as Astra/Luna/Sol.

Edited by Donatello Hamato

Well it's Skill% if I'm not mistaken again. I thought it used 5 weapon uses though. Huh.

Sol is obviously the best, staying alive at Skill% is a great ability to have. Luna is helpful for taking out high-def units on Lunatic. Astra is a bad skill that can get you killed if enemies have Counter.

Sol is obviously the best, staying alive at Skill% is a great ability to have. Luna is helpful for taking out high-def units on Lunatic. Astra is a bad skill that can get you killed if enemies have Counter.

The bolded, so damn much. This practically makes it the worst skill ever on Lunatic+. On the other difficulties, I'd actually say it's a good skill to have, and it activates decently enough, but not nearly as reliable as Sol or Luna.

Why you would engage Counter enemies in melee combat at all is beyond me, unless you're seriously telling me that on Lunatic everyone and their mom has it.

Why you would engage Counter enemies in melee combat at all is beyond me, unless you're seriously telling me that on Lunatic everyone and their mom has it.

Lunatic enemies are assholes, and will Counter suicide on you.

Lunatic enemies are assholes, and will Counter suicide on you.

I know; Hard mode has a few Counter warriors, too. But why not just take them out during Player Phase (using ranged attacks), before they become a problem?

Or if you're really desperate, lure them over with a bow equipped so that you cannot counter yourself to death?

I know; Hard mode has a few Counter warriors, too. But why not just take them out during Player Phase (using ranged attacks), before they become a problem?

Or if you're really desperate, lure them over with a bow equipped so that you cannot counter yourself to death?

reinforcements

also Lunatic+

That's the problem. They usually are close enough to other characters to make you wish you had more Galeforcers to kill them all. You either get into trap killing the Kamicounter ending surrounded by enemies or you kill the other enemies leaving you as an easy target for the Kamicounter, and you cannot always have a Bow ready for all the characters involved in the frey.

Alright, but even so:

doesn't that make any offensive skill (as well as crit rates) bad on Lunatic, rather than just Astra like someone claimed? After all, it doesn't matter if you kill a Counter enemy with Astra, Luna, Ignis, Lethality or even just a crit - if it has more HP than you and dies, so do you, right?

Alright, but even so:

doesn't that make any offensive skill (as well as crit rates) bad on Lunatic, rather than just Astra like someone claimed? After all, it doesn't matter if you kill a Counter enemy with Astra, Luna, Ignis, Lethality or even just a crit - if it has more HP than you and dies, so do you, right?

If you can kill it in one hit, you won't proc Counter. Astra doesn't make you kill in one hit, but rather in several hits generated by Astra itself. And all those hits (unless one of them kills the enemy) will proc Counter.