Chrom Chapter 11/12 Marriage Priority Discussion Thread

I just have too much free time and I like delving into weird stuff like this that nobody else has covered or care about o__O

The standard priority at the moment is Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Avatar > Olivia. However Olivia moves ahead of all the others if she gains a certain number of support points.

As for the nitty-gritty details, a lot of the time there's too few information to make any truly accurate statements. So stuff like Sully having an approx. 3 point lead over Maribelle might not be completely accurate--it's just what I've found at the time of writing ^^

Right now, I am still looking into various things and I'm hoping to move away from pre-C supports in the near future.

Some stuff I can share:

(All before a C support has been triggered and both characters have at least 3 points, which is the minimum to get married)

Sumia vs Avatar: Avatar marries Chrom if she has gained 16-18 (max) points (unless Sumia has maxed points), otherwise Sumia's the bride.

Sumia vs Sully or Maribelle: Sumia always marries unless Sully or Maribelle have maxed points (and she doesn't).

Avatar vs Olivia: Olivia can only marry Chrom if she has 7 points or more, otherwise Avatar takes away Chrom.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have too much free time and I like delving into weird stuff like this that nobody else has covered or care about o__O

The worst part is you're doing it more efficiently than I ever could. xD

Like I said, I'll just sit back and then once you feel satisfied enough with your findings, I'll go and record it.

The worst part is you're doing it more efficiently than I ever could. xD

Like I said, I'll just sit back and then once you feel satisfied enough with your findings, I'll go and record it.

Now I see why he ships you and Olivia XD

The standard priority at the moment is Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Avatar > Olivia. However Olivia moves ahead of all the others if she gains a certain number of support points.

As for the nitty-gritty details, a lot of the time there's too few information to make any truly accurate statements. So stuff like Sully having an approx. 3 point lead over Maribelle might not be completely accurate--it's just what I've found at the time of writing ^^

Right now, I am still looking into various things and I'm hoping to move away from pre-C supports in the near future.

Some stuff I can share:

(All before a C support has been triggered and both characters have at least 3 points, which is the minimum to get married)

Sumia vs Avatar: Avatar marries Chrom if she has gained 16-18 (max) points (unless Sumia has maxed points), otherwise Sumia's the bride.

Sumia vs Sully or Maribelle: Sumia always marries unless Sully or Maribelle have maxed points (and she doesn't).

Avatar vs Olivia: Olivia can only marry Chrom if she has 7 points or more, otherwise Avatar takes away Chrom.

What is your setup for doing this anyway?

I disarmed like 6 mages for testing by pairing him up with Cordelia (lololololol) and THEN moved all the potential girls in for pair up testing.

I disarmed like 6 mages for testing by pairing him up with Cordelia (lololololol) and THEN moved all the potential girls in for pair up testing.

That reminds me I did that in my male file run....when I initially wanted Chrom to marry the village girl.

But... carry on....

Edited by Shirley

I have an awful setup.

At the moment Chrom and female Avatar are paired up with legacy characters and running away from four Plegians out for blood (with other legacy characters or girls not being used for tests acting as decoys).

The main difficulty is not having enough enemies occasionally, so I need to create careful combinations of seeds, rescue staves, adjacent battles or even dual guards (if desperate).

Edited by VincentASM

Wait, can you remind me the assumed point values?

I remember:

Adjacent: 1 point

Pair Up: 3 points

Points have a cap per chapter and the Bond Seeds break that cap.

Sure; a quick round up:

1. Adjacent, Dual Guards, Rescue staves are all worth around 1 point.

2. Paired up battles are worth 3 points and Seed of Trust is something like 4.5.

3. Points are capped at 15 per battle. Seeds can bypass this both ways (whether you use them before gaining non-seed points or when the cap is reached).

4. Chrom x Avatar/Olivia C and Chrom x every marriage candidate B (except Olivia who I lazily haven't tested at this level) require 18 points.

5. When all the girls haven't triggered a C convo, if Chrom x Olivia gains 7 points, Olivia moves straight to the top of his priority list; nobody can kick her out at this stage (until somebody triggers a C).

NTG made an algorithm that calculates possible integers for all the values and the lowest form was something like 2 points for adjacent, 6 for pairs, 9 for seeds and 23 required for Avatar x Nowi C (presumably the same for Chrom x Sully/Maribelle C).

I'll tell you what I mean later, but I'm thinking 35's the magic number.

could've used Lissa, that extra res/dual guard rate via supports :P:

Kind of got distracted for a while, but then I saw a thread at GameFAQs and I rolled my eyes at some of the statements about the priority list.

So here I am again!

TBH, it's too early for me to post any real results, but there was something I noticed...

It seems there are more support point thresholds at play than I first thought.

Naturally there are the C, B, A and S thresholds that you can see, but there's also a pre-C threshold (and presumably a pre-B, pre-A, pre-S), which is when you've got enough support points to trigger a C support, but haven't triggered it yet.

For example, Sumia might trump Avatar for a while, but if Avatar gets to pre-C and Sumia doesn't, Avatar will marry Chrom.

This all might be obvious to some people, but I thought I'd get the easy ones out the way first.

Olivia is another case--if she gains at least 7 points, she's immediately elevated to highest priority (when the other girls are at pre-C at best), despite capping at 18 points for a C.

Then comes the weirdness I spotted... When Sully and Maribelle have more than 3 points (minimum to marry), but less than 7, Sully marries Chrom. However, when Maribelle gets 7~11 points and Sully is stuck below 7, Maribelle marries Chrom. And then when Sully has 7~11 points and Maribelle has 3~11 points, Sully marries Chrom. (At 12 points, the girls are at the pre-C threshold, so Maribelle at 12 points would always trump Sully unless Sully has 12 points too.)

It's quite a funny little bitch-fight really.

Edited by VincentASM

Kind of got distracted for a while, but then I saw a thread at GameFAQs and I rolled my eyes at some of the statements about the priority list.

So here I am again!

TBH, it's too early for me to post any real results, but there was something I noticed...

It seems there are more support point thresholds at play than I first thought.

Naturally there are the C, B, A and S thresholds that you can see, but there's also a pre-C threshold (and presumably a pre-B, pre-A, pre-S), which is when you've got enough support points to trigger a C support, but haven't triggered it yet.

For example, Sumia might trump Avatar for a while, but if Avatar gets to pre-C and Sumia doesn't, Avatar will marry Chrom.

This all might be obvious to some people, but I thought I'd get the easy ones out the way first.

Olivia is another case--if she gains at least 7 points, she's immediately elevated to highest priority (when the other girls are at pre-C at best), despite capping at 18 points for a C.

Then comes the weirdness I spotted... When Sully and Maribelle have more than 3 points (minimum to marry), but less than 7, Sully marries Chrom. However, when Maribelle gets 7~11 points and Sully is stuck below 7, Maribelle marries Chrom. And then when Sully has 7~11 points and Maribelle has 3~11 points, Sully marries Chrom. (At 12 points, the girls are at the pre-C threshold, so Maribelle at 12 points would always trump Sully unless Sully has 12 points too.)

It's quite a funny little bitch-fight really.

...this is turning into quite... the problem to illustrate into a video just from the complications and testing to show.

Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. xD

Well, I think it's fine if you skip a lot of the details; people could just take my word for it ^^

That said... I have made one slight blunder it seems.

The points required for Chrom x Avatar/Olivia C and Chrom x Sumia to Avatar B seems to be closer to 16 than 18. This boundary is kind of annoying to test because of the cap per chapter (which is around 15 and might be slightly off) and the truncation of minor points between chapters (which I have no clue how it really works).

I noticed when, around the 16 mark*, Chrom x Avatar could trigger a C support earlier than I expected >___<

* Done with 4 paired up battles + 1 seed / 2 paired up battles + 2 seeds + 1 adjacent battle / 1 paired up battle + 3 seeds

Hmm... I'm thinking of how to recover now...

• 2 months later...

I think the best marrige for Chrom is FeMu. Because if FeMu is the mother of Lucina, it's gives her acess to a ton of classes and skills, including, Galeforce, and you'll be able to reclass her to Grandmaster so she'll get Ignis. And if Chrom is the father of Morgan, it makes Morgan really powerful! And he'll get Rightful King from Chrom. Plus Chrom and FeMu's support conversations are just hilarious and romantic! And if you have them talk to each other if thier married in the Summer Scramble DLC map, it's really romantic! Plus thier marrige changes the storyline a lot, and in my opinion, also makes the storyline a lot more exciting and interesting! FEMU + CHROM 4EVER! XD

I think the best marrige for Chrom is FeMu. Because if FeMu is the mother of Lucina, it's gives her acess to a ton of classes and skills, including, Galeforce, and you'll be able to reclass her to Grandmaster so she'll get Ignis. And if Chrom is the father of Morgan, it makes Morgan really powerful! And he'll get Rightful King from Chrom. Plus Chrom and FeMu's support conversations are just hilarious and romantic! And if you have them talk to each other if thier married in the Summer Scramble DLC map, it's really romantic! Plus thier marrige changes the storyline a lot, and in my opinion, also makes the storyline a lot more exciting and interesting! FEMU + CHROM 4EVER! XD

...and what does this have to do with... the marriage priorities, exactly?

I thought someone found out something we missed about the marriages when I saw this topic again, honestly.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ahaha, I wondered what was the cause for this bump.

But anyway I definitely recommend reading the thread more carefully (and checking the date of the last post) before posting in it.