On team building and spreading experiance

Hey all!

So I'm finally getting over my panic attack from yesterday, and getting into this game. Yea! I'm doing hard mode for the challenge, and randoms growths for the classic feel. I've played the game several times before, but this is my first 'transfer' run for RD.

1. I did have a nagging thought though... which mode gives the most exp? It's for a transfer run, so easy is out. Hard gives more enemies and reinforcements. Normal gives 'clear stage' bonus exp though, so wouldn't normal be easier to manipulate stats for a transfer run? It's not crucial to know, but as I said, nagging thought.

2. On a similar idea, I've read on here to boss abuse to get the most characters up to 20/20. It makes sense i suppose, but it seems a lot of time input while being at lady luck's mercy. I tend to use/abuse bonus exp to get the best stat ups, and boss abuse just seems like it's ignoring this highly exploitable mechanic. I guess I'm just wondering if Boss abuse really works as well as I've read, and if it's worth the effort.

3. Lastly, on picking units. I have my favorites (from Lethe to Jill, etc) and that's usually how I play. If people I like have supports, great, if not, I never worried about them. Still, I just did Sword of seals using supports to GREAT success there, and am wondering just what I've been missing out on. I'm putting together chains now, and was wondering if there were any recommended chains out there. I would think it would be easy to find this, but I am apparently doing something wrong as I'm not finding anything.

Anywho, I started building chains...and well, I'm good at starting them, but not so much 'ending' them. I keep adding more and more people and well, get the mess I have below.

Soren

I

A

I

Ike

I

B

I

Lethe

I

B

I

Jill

I

B

I

Mist

I

A

I

Boyd

I

B

I

Titania

I

B

I

Rhys

I

A

I

Mia

Rolf

I

B

I

Marcia

I

A

I

Gatrie

I

B

I

Astrid

I

A

I

Sothe

Nephene

I

A

I

Calil

Clearly, I need to trim this down, but I'm not good at this lol. Any tips to make this more effective?

Thanks for your time!

If youre doing a transfer run, you want to play on normal for more Bexp. And dont use the Laguz because they need way too much effort to get any stats to cap, and even then its like just 1 stat.

Abusing Bexp to level up will allow you to cap more stats than usual. But the problem is getting your characters to 20/20. If youre only using like 15 or less you should be fine. If you want to transfer like 20 or more you will need to boss abuse a little bit. Im in the middle of a run where I am transfering like 30 units so boss abusing is necessary to get them all to 20/20.
You will want to beat every map in as many turns as possible without going over the turn limit for max Bexp. And try to end each map with your units as close to 99 exp as possible, you dont want to risk leveling in map and getting a bad level. The Chapters you can boss abuse on are 9, 16, 21, 23, and 26 because the bosses restore life every turn. I would pass on Chapter 9 but on the rest of them you can spend 500 or more turns.

Easy mode glitches transfers sometimes iirc, although I'm not privy to the specifics.

I am.

The first batch of American copies of FE10 had a glitch where you couldn't transfer FE9 data if there was an Easy save file in your FE9 data. This was rectified in all subsequent batches, and for a few months after FE9 was released, people could send their copies of FE10 to Nintendo to be replaced with copies where the glitch was fixed.