Maniac playthrough

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no. It's there right off the bat. And MM happens to be one of the only three modes there are considering there's no EM.

Edited by Juliet

MM is right of the bat. I have my own file here, when you select new game it already has maniac mode in it. Although I'm not sure since I picked up the english patch from this site.

Thanks Soul! I'll be posting a video of Prologue then.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll do an experimental playthrough before doing the recorded one. I will post the interesting updates that I find.

Edited by Olwen

Have you played/finished maniac mode before? It's actually was rather different in my experience. If I have to compare it with something, it's like going from hard in FE:A to Lunatic. But with less ridiculous first chapters. The chapter where you get soren is ridiculous though, prepare for unequipped Titania!

This is retarded. There's no way to beat that chapter quickly than have Boyd take Rhys and go into a corner, and have Oscar take Ike and go east of Boyd. There's way too many enemies to deal with who don't go for Titania.

Boyd gets doubled by myrmidons and Ike 5HKOs at best, whereas Oscar 3RKOs.

Fuck MM.

Edited by Olwen

yeah i remember that chapter

my computer couldn't really handle the emulator anyway, but MM chapter 2 really highlights the problem behind making enemies tougher by boosting their defense stats. i think i quit soon afterwards.

Have you considered taking extra turns (i.e. not soloing with Titania) to train Oscar/Boyd/Ike? I suppose base EXP (though you get little) + reset abuse at the base can let you turn the select few characters into monsters once you get far enough, but you should consider the option because that's one game/mode where this theory should be applicable.

I don't know if it'd pay off to train all of those guys (other than C7 I guess). They do have a lot of time to train in C5.

Titania herself needs some exp for C7 as well.

Titania should just get bosskills and level strength/speed on each one, so reset until she does. Extra defence should also help as hers isn't very high even for HM, and she starts facing risk of death pretty early. And having extra proficient combat units is pretty important for C7 at least.

Did you skip the C1 Steel Sword by the way? Should turn some of Ike's 5HKOs into 3-4HKOs, and he'll double with it eventually.