Cumulative Level?

Ganhur

I am currently trying to create an avatar similiar to Priam build skill. Apparently I've read about Internal character level, and it said that when cumulative level reach its cap, character will no longer gain experience. So I'm unsure if getting 3 Weaponsbreaker (3 reclassing at Level 35) is possible.

Here is my plan:

[swordmaster] +Spd -Def
(Ignis) (Swordfaire) (Axebreaker) (Swordbreaker) (Lancebreaker)
Grandmaster L.5 -> Hero L.15 -> WyvernLord L.15 -> Griffon Rider L.15 -> Swordmaster
CL12 CL29 CL46 CL63

I remember encountering an MU with all 5 weaponsbreaker skills, but that'd turn my information into a myth and incorrect.

So my questions:

1. Is my build possible?
  2. Should I worry about cumulative level?
  3. Do I understand cumulative level correctly?

You'll still gain experience, but it'll be at a painfully slow rate. If you want to counteract this, just a little, slap Paragon/Veteran on MU until you're done with the Breaker skills.

(though why you'd want Axebreaker on a sword unit is beyond me; I'd personally go for Tomebreaker)

Stop gaining experience? No, I believe the Cap is just a maximum amount of experience you can earn per kill, 8 exp. (16 with paragon or paragon & veteran for 24 exp)

I have an avatar with sword/axe/tome/lance breaker so yeah it is possible.

So there is no limit to reclassing at all?

Not at all. You'll just gain experience at a very slow rate, as already mentioned.

Edit: lol, beaten.

Edited by Cordelia

Minimum Exp gain per kill is 8, which can go up to 24 with Veteran+Paragon. As for the internal level cap, it actually helps you, since it makes the game stop counting eventually - at 20, 30, and 50 on Normal, Hard, and Lunatic, respectively. So on Normal, you can reclass a unit a hundred times and their cumulative level will still just be 20, which really isn't that bad with those kinds of stats.

Characters gain experience for the class they are currently. Once they reach 20 (30 for single-shot classes), they stop gaining exp. This can be amended by producing a master/second seal and reclassing into a different class or even revisiting the same class. Imo, it's rather pointless to have a character with every breaker skill for one reason and one reason only. There is no breaker for beast/dragon stones and the strongest of the characters you'll be running into for streetpass will be equipped with these.

Characters gain experience for the class they are currently. Once they reach 20 (30 for single-shot classes), they stop gaining exp. This can be amended by producing a master/second seal and reclassing into a different class or even revisiting the same class. Imo, it's rather pointless to have a character with every breaker skill for one reason and one reason only. There is no breaker for beast/dragon stones and the strongest of the characters you'll be running into for streetpass will be equipped with these.

That's for StreetPass and assuming you'll run into a lot of teams with those stones. And even then, I think it'd be really just Nowi/Nah/Morgan(F)/Tiki/Yarne/Panne. I doubt there's gonna be someone who will use ALL of those and then only 3 others... at least... I don't think I've encountered that kinda team yet...

and one reason only? I assume you're talking about TSON. It won't be only one reason if you're gonna play on harder modes.

eh, I'm being nice with the 'one reason' seeing as the person who created the thread probably isn't gonna jump into Lunatic. *shrugs*

I haven't run into teams of pure Manaketes or Tanguels either-- but if you don't see one or two of them with 60+ res or 70+ def, consider yourself lucky. Those guys are honey badgers if you don't proc a lethality...

I've beaten Lunatic twice, Lunatic+ once, and planning to do it again with 8 MUs and Chrom only. This is the first member of the team I'm trying to figure it out if he is possible to create, can handle the heat, and able to cope with other members.

Anyway I suppose there reason for me to worry about cumulative level, or internal ievel any longer.