Streetpass: Skills Worth the Time, and One's That Aren't.

Even though I don't have a large amount of Fe players up where I live, I'm still curious what skills could be considered the best streetpass ones. I've heard of, and quite frankly hopped directly onto the paviseaegisrenewalignis bandwagon, but there has to be something more helpful, of course, if there isn't... What should take up that last skill slot, my personal favorite is armsthrift, only on my my unit though, not the others, otherwise, i'd go with counter or an actually helpful breaker skill. Any other ideas? Any other different sets that clean up even more well than paviseaegisrenewalignis does, other than the breaker monopoly of course.

Counter + Miracle. You don't need anything else.

It might be hilarious, but it's not really THAT practical. Though having weapons might actually help a bit.

Counter, Miracle, Sol, Rightful King, LB. You just became invincible.

Congrats... Miracle doesn't activate on Dual Attacks. Pair Up system on the other person's 3DS still wins.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Counter + Miracle. You don't need anything else.

To be lucky, it must be nice...

Did I mention I spilled salt on a bunch of black cats glued to broken mirrors sitting beneath a ladder this morning?

might be hilarious, but it's not really THAT practical. Though having weapons might actually help a bit.

I remember seeing those videos not too long ago, ah, memories..

Dat thumbnail, on my phone, it shows Chrom screaming at josef to "OPEN YOUR EYES", did you plan that?

Edited by SpikyRtG

Armsthrift is basically pointless for your Streetpass team, as it doesn't consume your weapon uses anyway and more than likely your units aren't going to live long enough to break all of their weapons. Likewise most support abilities do nothing since your guys won't Pair Up under AI control. Movement is also generally a no-no; your units will just rush off to get killed, especially if they don't match movement with the rest of your troops.

Counter, Miracle, and Lethality are all nice, just for the luck factor. All it takes is one good shot on somebody. Mire sniper Sorcerers with Tomefaire, Aggressor, and Solidarity can't hurt; Mire cannot activate skills, but it can crit.

Edited by Renall

It might be hilarious, but it's not really THAT practical. Though having weapons might actually help a bit.

Congrats... Miracle doesn't activate on Dual Attacks. Pair Up system on the other person's 3DS still wins.

looool, that was hilarious... and long as hell battle. But help a bit? I think... it'd probably help faster... Maybe.

Armsthrift is basically pointless for your Streetpass team, as it doesn't consume your weapon uses anyway and more than likely your units aren't going to live long enough to break all of their weapons. Likewise most support abilities do nothing since your guys won't Pair Up under AI control. Movement is also generally a no-no; your units will just rush off to get killed, especially if they don't match movement with the rest of your troops.

Counter, Miracle, and Lethality are all nice, just for the luck factor. All it takes is one good shot on somebody. Mire sniper Sorcerers with Tomefaire, Lethality, and Solidarity can't hurt; Mire cannot activate skills, but it can crit.

I keep armsthrift on my character because some people like almost never using weapons, I only keep it because if someone were to recruit my avatar and for whatever reason, actually use him and decide the skills I had were garbage, at least it wouldn't cost them more than a few thousand gold to outfit him almost forever, I'm just trying to be considerate, even though low level reclassing SEEMS to preserve stats upon repromotion...

Ehhh... Plus, forged glass weapons are always fun to play around with

Of course, running around with mystletainn in hand, knowing I have no means of getting a second one but not caring, it's a wonderful feeling...

But yeah, it saves time and money for others, consideration and all, plus I have nothing useful to replace it with, sol cuts into ignis time and I never paid any mind to getting lancebreaker

Edited by SpikyRtG

You are kind. I thought most players make a spotpass team just to troll others.

I have armsthrift in my game, but swap out to counter, lethality, miracle for my spotpass team. ><

I keep armsthrift on my character because some people like almost never using weapons, I only keep it because if someone were to recruit my avatar and decide the skills I had were garbage, at least it wouldn't cost them more than a few thousand gold to outfit him almost forever, I'm just trying to be considerate, even though low level reclassing SEEMS to preserve stats upon repromotion...

Ehhh... Plus, forged glass weapons are always fun to play around with

You are kind. I thought most players make a spotpass team just to troll others.

I have armsthrift in my game, but swap out to counter, lethality, miracle for my spotpass team. ><

I know it isn't much, but, it could help, maybe, hopefully...

I'd definitely load down with Miracle and Counter, and either Renewal or Sol (or both!), and if you can't use Counter substitute Pavise/Aegis or Vengeance. Generally these are less useful as a player but incredibly irritating to face as a player. Or have a character with as many Breaker skills as you can. And while Lethality is rarely considered by players, you might want to throw that on a few characters on the rare chance that you OHKO one of their units. Things that are wildly impractical for in-game use become troll-tier skills against other players.

You might want to consider a Cry bot. They generally don't come up with efficient formations for the movement cries but the harder you make it for your units to be doubled, the more rage you'll probably cause.

I think I did math once and found that all 5 breaker skills were inferior to the five best AVO/HIT boosting skills. Using the breaker combo is not as good as just using skills like lucky 7 and quick burn. Most battles are over in a few turns anyway so that's something.

Rallybots aren't very useful on StreetPass teams, since they'll only Rally if they can't attack you on their phase (and at the end of their phase at that). It'd be better if they were like the player and did it at the beginning of the turn so that your team would attack the other player's with +10 in everything, but...

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I think I did math once and found that all 5 breaker skills were inferior to the five best AVO/HIT boosting skills. Using the breaker combo is not as good as just using skills like lucky 7 and quick burn. Most battles are over in a few turns anyway so that's something.

I know they aren't terribly effective, but they irk me, because it ends up being "oh! He has a breaker skill" *flies in with killer weapon and crits* because of the +50 hit, not +50 avo.

It's just a more prepared strategy with less weak spots, and a slightly less risk/reward tactic as you beat literally almost all weapons just the reward isn't as good

Dat thumbnail, on my phone, it shows Chrom screaming at josef to "OPEN YOUR EYES", did you plan that?

YouTube thumbnails haven't been restricted to a frame halfway through the video for many years. Now, users can pick a frame or use a completely separate image as the thumbnail.

On topic, what other skills would be effective on a StreetPass team that uses Counter/Miracle/Sol? Maybe Aegis, since Counter is ineffective at range?

I just completed my streetpass team and I don't think many people will consider it a cakewalk either. It took me almost 30 to 40 hours to get all the skills and maxed-out stats to complete it. I have never seen anyone face my team, but I'm more than sure it's not easy to beat. Some top tier skills in streetpass include the following:

-Luna

-Counter

-Aegis

-Pavise

-Vantage

-Miracle

-Lethality

-Rightful King

-Limit Breaker

If you want to know what my team consists of then I will show you.

chara02f.jpg

Female Avatar, +MAG, -LCK

Class: Falcon Knight

Skills: Rally Spectrum, Rally Heart, Rally Speed, Rally Skill, Rally Resistance

Weapons: None

My avatar will most likely die as soon as an enemy tries to attack her considering that she doesn't have Limit Breaker on her and that she has no equipped weapons. So why use her? Well despite the fact that she will get killed easily, she is probably the most important member of the team and here's why. My avatar's job is to give a massive boost to my other units so that they will overpower my opponents team and at least get a kill off when attacking. All rallies stack and this will give such a huge boost that my opponent will not be able to double or do much damage to my other units when my opponent counter-attacks. The avatar is the best person for the job of being a rallybot because of the fact that the avatar starts off furthest away from the opponent when the match starts and the fact that the avatar can get almost all the rallies in the game.

profile_picture_by_the_masked_hero-d5yae

Lucina

Class: Dark Flier

Skills: Limit Breaker, Rightful King, Lethality, Aegis, Vantage

Weapons: Forged Cecilia's Gale(3 Mt, 5 Hit), Elixer

Lucina has Rightful King which makes her the perfect candidate to abuse Lethality. She has high movement for being a Dark Flier and can use Cecilia's Gale which is a brave weapon that can attack from close and ranged positions. If she is low on health, she has Vantage to make her opponent hesitant for attacking her since she has at least a 40% chance of OHKO'ing them.

char_90054.jpg

Chrom!Inigo

Class: Dread Fighter

Skills: Limit Breaker, Rightful King, Lethality, Counter, Vantage

Weapons: Forged Cecilia's Gale(3 Mt, 5 Hit), Elixir

Inigo can also abuse Rightful King with Lethality to have at least a 40% chance of insta-killing someone. He is a Dread Fighter so he can use Cecilia's Gale with Lethality for maximum chance of pulling off Lethality.

13171-1827519482.jpg

Inigo!Morgan

Class: Dread Fighter

Skills: Limit Breaker, Rightful King, Lethality, Miracle, Vantage

Weapons: Forged Cecilia's Gale (3 Mt, 5 Hit), Elixir

Morgan also has Rightful King so why not abuse Lethality some more? He is just like Inigo and Lucina as far as his job is concerned which is to pull off a Lethality on someone. Morgan is also unique in the fact that he has Rightful King + Miracle. So he is pretty hard to kill.

profile_picture_by_angry_noire-d62wqry.j

Gregor!Noire

Class: Sorcerer

Skills: Limit Breaker, Vengeance, Wrath, Vantage, Tomebreaker

Weapons: Forged Aversa's Night(3 Mt, 5 Hit)

I paired Gregor up with Tharja so Noire can become a Sorcerer with the dreaded Vengeance, Wrath, and Vantage combo. This combo is devastating in the main game which can solo and trivialize anything Awakening has to offer, even DLC except for the obvious TSON. So this Noire set should be incredibly frustrating to deal with if an opponent faces it.

228px-Owain_Awakening.jpg

Libra!Owain

Class: Sorcerer

Skills: Limit Breaker, Vengeance, Wrath, Vantage, Miracle

Weapons: Forged Aversa's Night(3 Mt, 5 Hit)

This Owain set is just like Noire's except for the added benefit of having Miracle as well with a 57% chance of activating it. So this guy is going to be really hard to kill.

250px-Degel_Artwork_7531.jpg

Donnel!Kjelle

Class: General

Skills: Limit Breaker, Aegis, Pavise, Renewal, Luna

Weapons: Helswath, Forged Brave Lance(5 Mt, 3 Hit), Elixir

Kjelle is a tank with both Aegis/Pavise to take on the most devastating attacks. After tanking hits, Kjelle will just replenish whatever HP she lost with Renewal and start a counter-attack on the opponent. She also hits like a truck with her 61 Strength and Luna. Helswath gives her a 5 point defense boost and enables her to combat ranged attackers. When she has the chance to get up close and personal she will then use her forged Brave Lance to hopefully kill off an opponent.

char_90885.jpg

Vaike!Gerome

Class: Wyvern Lord

Skills: Limit Breaker, Axefaire, Aggressor, Counter, Iote's Shield

Weapons: Gradivus, Forged Brave Axe(5 Mt, 3 Hit)

Gerome has a massive 63 Strength and high movement. Gerome can easily close in on an opponent and unleash hell with his Brave Axe. When Gerome attacks an opponent he will get a massive +15 Strength boost and when the opponent counter-attacks Gerome, the opponent will take even MORE damage considering Gerome has the ability Counter. So if Gerome is able to close in on an opponent and attack him at close range, then Gerome's victim will most likely die. Gerome is what I would call a kamikaze unit whose sole purpose is to get at least 1 kill off of an opponent's team. Gerome first has Gradivus equipped just in case the enemy is able to attack Gerome from a distance before Gerome has a turn to do anything.

161px-Valhart_portrait.jpg

Walhart

Class: Conqueror

Skills: Limit Breaker, Conquest, Pavise, Resistance +10, Luna

Weapons: Ragnell, Forged Brave Axe(5 Mt, 3 Hit), Forged Brave Lance(5 Mt, 3 Hit), Elixir

Walhart is much like Kejelle in that he is very bulky and can hit hard like a truck with Luna. He has 3 different weapon types to chose from and he has no weaknesses to exploit thanks to Conquest. He is also on the team because I think he is the 2nd most badass character in the game.

char_89097.jpg

Priam

Class: Hero

Skills: Limit Breaker, Swordfaire, Aggressor, Counter, Luna

Weapons: Helswath, Forged Brave Sword(5 Mt, 3 Hit), Elixir

Priam is kind of like Gerome in that he is a kamikaze unit designed to take down at least one unit off of the opponents team. He has a forged Brave Sword that when he attacks will gain +15 Strength and has Counter if the opponent attacks back at Priam. Luna also gives Priam an added boost in attacks power by lowering the opponents defenses. He is also on the team because he is my favorite character and the most badass of them all as well.

I have worked very hard on this team and have maxed out on everything. I would love to personally see someone fight against to see what improvements I can make on it.

Edited by BAD

chara02f.jpg

Female Avatar, +MAG, -LCK

Class: Falcon Knight

Skills: Rally Spectrum, Rally Heart, Rally Speed, Rally Skill, Rally Resistance

Weapons: None

My avatar will most likely die as soon as an enemy tries to attack her considering that she doesn't have Limit Breaker on her and that she has no equipped weapons. So why use her? Well despite the fact that she will get killed easily, she is probably the most important member of the team and here's why. My avatar's job is to give a massive boost to my other units so that they will overpower my opponents team and at least get a kill off when attacking. All rallies stack and this will give such a huge boost that my opponent will not be able to double or do much damage to my other units when my opponent counter-attacks. The avatar is the best person for the job of being a rallybot because of the fact that the avatar starts off furthest away from the opponent when the match starts and the fact that the avatar can get almost all the rallies in the game.

Rallybots aren't very useful on StreetPass teams, since they'll only Rally if they can't attack you on their phase (and at the end of their phase at that). It'd be better if they were like the player and did it at the beginning of the turn so that your team would attack the other player's with +10 in everything, but...

^What he said

The AI only uses Rally skills at the end of a turn.

Hey BAD, my congrats, they're really well-thought! The only effective con I can see is the MU, because like BRS and Rey already stated, you won't use the boosts during your turn. However, folks, did you notice that he totally disarmed her? He probably thought about that and he is ok in having his units stronger even just during the enemy's turn for a while, which on a second thought isn't that bad.

Anyway the kamikaze sets are quite inspiring, I may do an unit like that.

It would be fun to challenge you, but we're quite far away from each other. XD

For other skills, I was also considering combining some of the -breaker skills with lucky 7 for a huge +70 Avo/Hit.

However in my opinion a full set of breaker skills should be avoided, just because your opponent pretty much needs only one of them to nullify your effect. It'd be interesting on a Taguel or a Manakete though, since there isn't a stonebreaker and the effects couldn't be nullified. But Manakete's speed and avoid is shit and a full avoid Taguel would probably do 0 damage as well sooo...

^What he said

The AI only uses Rally skills at the end of a turn.

I need to see if the computer will first use rally if it has no equipped weapons to attack with. I'm pretty sure the AI will use rally and then start attacking with other units if the rallybot has no weapons, but I need to test it and see if that's true.

Limit break... Limit break... LIMIT BREAK...

Fair enough I suppose, being one of the only DLCs honestly worth the three dollars

+10 to each stat, must be nice...

Well, you don't NEED Limitbreak-- but you are at a severe disadvantage if you don't have it. I just want to say one thing... Counter doesn't work from two squares away. Even if you DO run into a character with no weapons with counter and miracle, all you have to do is... take a step back and zap them with a lightning bolt? Not to mention Lethality also procs when using ranged weapons... so there'd be no chance of countering a lethal Javelin xD

Well, here's the crew. I'm not gonna get into equipment or it'd just get messy since everything's forged anyway.

MU [+skill -res];; Aegis, Aggressor, Ignis, LB, Sol

Your basic Supreme Grandmaster. Aegis because res is his weakest defensive stat and arrows/magic are the majority of ranged attacks out there. Since he'll probably run headlong into danger with his sword out, I'd say being cautious in that respect isn't such a bad idea. He's more or less another body on the field that's hard to kill with his high def/res and constant activation of Sol.

Chrom;; Aegis, Aether, LB, Luna, Rightful King

Chrom may not seem like such a Great Lord, but he's pretty good at piercing through high enemy defenses. Give him Aether, Luna and Rightful King and he'll be halving the opponent's defense more often than not. Aegis is there for the same reason as MU has it-- people enjoy ranged attacks... halving that damage gives him the chance to survive and get in close to melee... or force the opponent to double team him and not focus on one of the more lethal characters on the team.

Inigo;; Aegis, Lethality, LB, Luna, Rightful King

I typically play him with Armsthrift or Galeforce instead of Aegis-- but for streetpass he has it for the same reasons as Chrom and MU. This is the first of two lethality bots on the team. I gave him a Brave Blade and watched him tear the enemy apart. Gets four attacks (normally) in a battle-- not to mention he has a 23-25% lethality activation rate. A 1 in 4 chance of activating with four chances to activate. Put on Luna instead of Sol because his only purpose is to get a kill. If he does, the opponent will need to restart the battle anyway. If they're playing on casual then he'll have just reduced the enemy numbers by the same if he were to die. A win-win scenario.

Lucina;; Aegis, Aether, Lethality, LB, Rightful King

More or less the same strategy as Inigo. Get a kill and move on. Aegis lets her survive to get in melee and Lethality+Rightful King isn't exactly a new concept. I let her have Aether 'cause, hey-- it's a better sol/luna and has the potential to kill an enemy outright with one activation of it.

Nah;; Ignis, LB, Sol, Tomebreaker, Wyrmsbane

The first of the Double Dragons. Manaketes are infamous as the true tanks of Fire Emblem Awakening. Their Defenses and Resistances without any external boosts easily reach the 70s. No single unit is going to be able to get and outright kill of this unit and it is able to deal massive damage up to two tiles away. A lethality will make short work of her-- but hey, lethality makes short work of anything. Anyway, slap a wyrmsbane to counter any other people with the bright idea of making a super manakete morgan/nah and give her tomebreaker to smash through tometeams.

Morgan;; Ignis, LB, Sol, Swordbreaker, Wyrmsbane

The second of the Double Dragons. Same deal as Nah, only she has Swordbreaker since-- face it-- swords are commonly used in the game. Most classes can wield one and ALL the important characters use one!

Noire;; Accuracy +20, Armsthrift, LB, Sol, Underdog

Your common Sorceress of Awesomeness. Since Sorceresses are re-classable, you just re-class her to be a level 1 sorceress and ta-dah! overall level of 21! Most people will be of higher level and activate Underdog for a constant +15 hit/avoid. Give her Accuracy +20 and you've got yourself an accurate Artillery unit casting mire from across the map and activating Aversa's Night. Sol doesn't activate when using mire, but you really don't need it until they get close enough for the computer to switch to Aversa's Night anyway.

Severa;; Armsthrift, LB, Sol, Tomebreaker, Tomefaire

The same deal as Noire. I put tomebreaker and tomefaire on because, hey, why not?! She'll be a nosfutank AND counter nosfutanks! <3

Gerome;; Aggressor, Counter, LB, Sol, Swordbreaker

Not one of my better builds, I'll admit, but I wanted him to be there to be the first one on them and potentially mess with the player's strategy with his high and terrain-free movement. Gave him swordbreaker since he uses an axe and threw on Aggressor since an extra 10 damage is nice. Sol for sustainability and counter for the lolz.

Kjelle;; Aegis, Lethality, LB, Luna, Pavise

Like Gerome, not one of my better builds. She's more or less there because she got kicked out of the house since she was wasting away on the roster, not being used. Sully got fed up and threatened me to put her on the list, so there she is =___='' Anyway, she makes for a nice tank with a super-high strength. Pair that with Luna and she'll deal massive damage in a single swing while having a chance to halve all damage to herself.

Simple Streetpass Skills Tier List

Must Have Tier:

Limit Breaker

Kills People Tier:

Lethality

Counter

Hit Rate Tier:

Tomebreaker

Lucky Seven

Miracle Tier:

Miracle

Everything Else Tier:

Everything Else

Worthless Tier:

Galeforce

Armsthrift

Lifetaker

Paragon

Veteran

Discipline

Aptitude

Deliverer

Defender

Dual Strike+

Dual Guard+

Dual Support+

LB is self explanitory. Fun point about LB is that it always functions, so if your team bombs a player who doesn't DLC, you've given them a challenge that is harder than anything the base game has to offer. (Also 72 SPD Morgan exists).

Lethality and Counter are known for casualities. Lethality itself is kind of a given, because it's essentially "screw you, from the RNG". Everyone seems to hate Counter for some reason. Not quite sure why though.

Tomebreaker is the best of the Breakers, simply because it's really hit or miss with breakers as-is, but tomes are everywhere.

Lucky Seven is awesome for Hit, and Hit is what matters.

Miracle is one of the most annoying things an enemy can have, and combined with Counter, it's lethal.

None of the "Worthless" tier help actual combat (Or are Support/Pair Up related).

Galeforce and Lifetaker both require kills, and do nothing to assist getting said kills. Furthermore, most players will reset on casualties, so they won't ever take effect.

Armsthrift doesn't do anything in Streetpass, because the AI's gear is given max uses, and battles won't last long enough to break anything, save maybe wilderwind (which is useless in Streetpass as you use +HIT5/+MT3 forged Braves or Legendaries anyways)

Everything else is about as useful to the enemy as it is to you.

Edited by Airship Canon