Marrying Chrom to Sully is the worst possible thing you can do in the game and it will put you behind other players.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't see it that way since the Myrmidon class doesn't have anything of any real note aside from Swordfaire...

Astra is a useful skill, especially with Rightful King. Vantage is amazing too.

If I wanted to make Lucina based on stats and not how much I like the characters together I'd just send FeMU Chrom's way

Make Lucina into Morgan #2 that joins earlier I see no problems with this, after all, my personal pairings of choice can only happen on support grinding runs since Basilio and Flavia joins so damn late I might as well just use FeMU to make Lucina better

This whole debate is pointless just pair who you want however you like it

^ That last line sums up everything into one neat little package of common sense.

@ Reyrey What the fuck is shippujinrai my weeb is nonexistent

Literal translation: "Lightning Speed"

"STRIKING WITH THE SWIFTNESS OF THE WINDS, AND THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING" IS ESSENTIAL.

Galeforce.

Astra is a useful skill, especially with Rightful King. Vantage is amazing too.

Personally, I think that Lucina gets all the proc skills she wants from Chrom. Also, I don't care for Vantage since I'd rather not form strategies that need a unit to have one foot in the grave, knowing what a unit dying means in FE...

Edited by Levant Fortner

... Freaking Google Translate told me that meant "ship thunderclap".

._.

That works too actually.

lol... "Shippu" for "Ship". xD

That's the gale part of it. 疾風 not シップ

疾風迅雷

...lol SHIP YOUR PAIRINGS WITH THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING.

Quick Man anyone? *zooms through thread so fast no one can keep up*

I honestly couldn't care less about what GameFAQs thinks. I think a lot more of people on SF, and the discussions here.

While Sully may not pass Galeforce, she won't gimp Lucina's stats to the same extent as Maribelle. Also, Kjelle benefits from Chrom as a father way more than Brady does.

But it doesn't matter, because you can play however you want, and Lucina should still be amazing.

That works too actually.

疾風迅雷

Thoron Shipping Services: Shipping your pairings at the speed of lightning!

Yes, Lucina is extremely hard to gimp unless you go out of your way to do so. And I don't care much for Galeforce - yes, my current Silvia run has it, but she almost doesn't need it (she's playing support bot for Trickster!Henry right now).

Edited by Vashiane

If I wanted to make Lucina based on stats and not how much I like the characters together I'd just send FeMU Chrom's way

Make Lucina into Morgan #2 that joins earlier I see no problems with this, after all, my personal pairings of choice can only happen on support grinding runs since Basilio and Flavia joins so damn late I might as well just use FeMU to make Lucina better

This whole debate is pointless just pair who you want however you like it

oh you're a savior.

That works too actually.

疾風迅雷

Thoron Shipping Services: Shipping your pairings at the speed of lightning!

Yes, Lucina is extremely hard to gimp unless you go out of your way to do so. And I don't care much for Galeforce - yes, my current Silvia run has it, but she almost doesn't need it (she's playing support bot for Trickster!Henry right now).

loooooooooooool

what are the rates?!

The guide pretty much just claimed (right after the quoted title) that it wasn't a good idea if planning to play against the spotpass teams of one's friends, implying they would be at an advantage. It's at least avoiding calling it a sin or sign of intellectual inferiority or whatever.

I play these games for the sake of roleplaying as much as for overcoming challenges as effectively as possible, and I wasn't particularly offended.

Thing is, that's not even true. Galeforce isn't necessary at all even to beat a totally blinged out Streetpass team; they are always at a raw statistical disadvantage, because they don't have Pair Up, supports, or any kind of AI.

Marrying Chrom and Sully is pretty suboptimal no matter what way you look at it.

If you have any skill at all in efficiency playthroughs, you'll rip your ass off to get Galeforce.

If you have any skill at all, you'll just buy a bunch of logbook units and 1-turn every chapter in the game. That is, without doubt, the most efficient way to beat the game. It is totally within the ability of every player to have any number of Galeforce units they desire, without having to pursue any particular pairing.

Here's what the FAQ says:

Now as I said before, you do NOT want to marry Chrom to Sully. If this is
the case, Lucina will NOT learn Galeforce, and neither will Kjelle (who is
Sully's daughter). Marrying Chrom to Sully is the worst possible thing you
can do in the game, and it will put you behind other players. This really
isn't good if you plan on battling your friend's team with street pass.

I can think of worse things.

Galeforce is definitely overhyped by most people as it is in no way needed for any of the content. Given that, everyone here seems to have an incredibly strong bias against galeforce, likely because everyone else thinks it is so good. There's nothing wrong with building a team around galeforce and in many situations your team will be superior compared to a similar setup without galeforce.

Galeforce is incredibly powerful and one of if not the best skill in the game and useful no matter what way you are playing. Although the guide does go a bit overboard, it doesn't really deserve all this ridicule, especially if its specific purpose is to make optimal pairings with galeforce.

Edited by Jediabiwan

Galeforce is definitely overhyped by most people as it is in no way needed for any of the content. Given that, everyone here seems to have an incredibly strong bias against galeforce, likely because everyone else thinks it is so good.

It's pretty much the hip thing to hate Galeforce. There was a thread a while ago that actually went beyond just calling it a bad skill and basically implied having it is worse than not having it.

I'm pretty sure you don't need any specific skill on difficulties below Lunatic for non-DLC...saying Galeforce is bad because it's superfluous isn't really a good argument. Then again this is a forum where a lot of users seem to think in terms of Lunatic/+.

Galeforce is cool. Really overrated, but cool. It only really has its uses in LTC, but that's about it. FE13 (outside of the Lunatic modes, but everyone plays on HM, it seems) is still pretty easy.

About Chrom/Sully. These two make Lucina and Kjelle tear shit up. Enough said. They don't need Galeforce to be useful, as many others have stated.

Yeah, I think the "hate" for Galeforce is only because some people don't want to shut up about it despite the fact that it's just not that amazing for casual play. It's great, no doubt, but some ardent fans of it have had this idea that no Galeforce makes a unit worthless.

For all that it's emphasized, there are multiple skills that are better depending on the context. For example, in a non-LTC Lunatic run, Sol is probably more valuable, both for greater ease of acquisition and use in general. In fact, for any situation that has a lot of reliance on enemy phase (which Lunatic sees a lot), defensive skills tend to be better. Sol, Rally Spectrum, the Breakers, etc.

Galeforce can be nice in Lunatic+ since it lets you not play half the game (this can be a Good Thing if you don't enjoy Lunatic+). It is superfluous for leisurely play, but not at all impractical.