Marrying Chrom to Sully is the worst possible thing you can do in the game and it will put you behind other players.

I agree Sorcerers are overhyped too - besides Mire, what other notable dark tomes are there? Ruin? Give me a forged Katarina's Bolt any day of the week. Nosferatu? Crashes and burns against high Resistance enemies. Aversa's Night? Rare as hell.

Difference being that ruin is buyable on the world map. Nosferatu only crashes and burns if you face like 6 or something high resistance enemies at once, keep in mind how great Sorcerer resistance and defense is. Aversa's night is just more OP nosferatu. Waste is a better version of CG.

Sorcerers have great stats too!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Sorcerers are overhyped too - besides Mire, what other notable dark tomes are there? Ruin? Give me a forged Katarina's Bolt any day of the week. Nosferatu? Crashes and burns against high Resistance enemies. Aversa's Night? Rare as hell.

Waste? Celica's Gale.

But really, some people(especially GameFAQs people) think the innate 100% Sol on Aversa's Night and Nosferatu is like the best thing ever and hence the hype.

I totally agree that Sorcs are overhyped.

Thats it

Im going to reclass Libra into Sorcerer and see how he performs

*Laughs evil

There's a picture on the General Fire Emblem Fanart thread of Libra in the Sorcerer outfit. All I have to say is this: :drool:

He's not terrible at it - I sent him in that class for Tomebreaker, and he's alright. Now, he's no Henry/Tharja/Avatar, but he's good enough.

Rerailed!

In a game that leaves a lot of the killing to the enemy phase, Galeforce sure is overhyped. Personally, I couldn't care any less about being put behind other players in terms of efficiency. It's a primarily singleplayer game series and rarely do I ever attempt LTCs.

There's a picture on the General Fire Emblem Fanart thread of Libra in the Sorcerer outfit. All I have to say is this: :drool:

He's not terrible at it - I sent him in that class for Tomebreaker, and he's alright. Now, he's no Henry/Tharja/Avatar, but he's good enough.

Turning a priest into a dark magic user is a blasphemy! :P

Sorc's only forte stat-wise are the defenses...Sage still beat Sorcs in other stats.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

Waste? Celica's Gale.

But really, some people(especially GameFAQs people) think the innate 100% Sol on Aversa's Night and Nosferatu is like the best thing ever and hence the hype.

Overhyped? Yes.

That doesn't make them something other than one of the game's best classes.

Difference being that ruin is buyable on the world map. Nosferatu only crashes and burns if you face like 6 or something high resistance enemies at once, keep in mind how great Sorcerer resistance and defense is. Aversa's night is just more OP nosferatu. Waste is a better version of CG.

Sorcerers have great stats too!

First bold: Which is rare as hell.

Second bold: Except that god-awful hitrate is a dealbreaker.

The rest: If you mean caps (in the case of resistance), sure. Because Tharja and Henry aren't exactly champs at taking magical hits.

Waste? Celica's Gale.

And that's another thing - Celica's Gale obsoletes Waste due to not having awful hit.

First bold: Which is rare as hell.

Second bold: Except that god-awful hitrate is a dealbreaker.

1. I didn't say it wasn't.

2. Implying hit isn't like the easiest thing to fix ever, I've had 100% hit rates on the final boss in lunatic using Waste it's hit is not a problem

And that's another thing - Celica's Gale obsoletes Waste due to not having awful hit.

Not really, Waste has a lot more might which is the much more important thing to have.

Turning a priest into a dark magic user is a blasphemy! :P

Sorc's only forte stat-wise are the defenses...Sage still beat Sorcs in other stats.

Maybe, but with Tomebreaker, that will make him the ULTIMATE mage-killing machine. I'll put him through a bit of blasphemy for a beautiful end-result.

Maybe, but with Tomebreaker, that will make him the ULTIMATE mage-killing machine. I'll put him through a bit of blasphemy for a beautiful end-result.

Better turn into other class ASAP.

And no, not even the skills will budge me to go through Sorc.

It is / can be rare as hell, and yet it seems luck is on my side for Hard run because I just got two Aversa's Night there. And I just finished Chapter 17 there.

Rerailed!

In a game that leaves a lot of the killing to the enemy phase, Galeforce sure is overhyped. Personally, I couldn't care any less about being put behind other players in terms of efficiency. It's a primarily singleplayer game series and rarely do I ever attempt LTCs.

Attempt to rerail the thread, but I think the effort was...wasted... but yeah, I agree. It's really not necessary and even if it can be useful for some modes, having a whole team of Galeforce isn't exactly a bright idea.

Better turn into other class ASAP.

And no, not even the skills will budge me to go through Sorc.

I will. He's level 11 right now, so four more and it's back to War Monk.

I actually like the Sorcerer class - the outfits aren't nearly as garish as the Dark Mage ones and sure, Hex and Anathema are useful early-to-mid game, by late-game your Avoid rate is usually good enough to bypass the need for it.

2. Implying hit isn't like the easiest thing to fix ever, I've had 100% hit rates on the final boss in lunatic using Waste it's hit is not a problem

Not really, Waste has a lot more might which is the much more important thing to have.

Maybe, but there are better things to do with my time and money than make up for Waste's awful hit.

Reliability matters more than power to me, for the most part.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I will. He's level 11 right now, so four more and it's back to War Monk.

I actually like the Sorcerer class - the outfits aren't nearly as garish as the Dark Mage ones and sure, Hex and Anathema are useful early-to-mid game, by late-game your Avoid rate is usually good enough to bypass the need for it.

Really? They're both horrible IMO.

But... but... Ricken is one of the best fathers! His bizarro-world class set is amazing when given to a kid that has non-bizarro classes! He can reliably father Owain, Brady, Severa, Laurent, or Noire... a.k.a. "basically every magic-focused or magic-biased kid that exists," and he's good for all of them. Cavalier is basically the best class inheritance dogg. Heck, Ricken!Yarne isn't even that bad. YARNE. WITH RICKEN. IS DECENT.

Ricken owns.

Really? They're both horrible IMO.

I prefer the Sorcerer one, if only because I'm highly tempted to cosplay Tharja and I am not wearing the other one. Screw the non-generic cape. No. I have a better chance at getting it past my father this way. Who am I kidding? Said chance is really fucking slim.

But... but... Ricken is one of the best fathers! His bizarro-world class set is amazing when given to a kid that has non-bizarro classes! He can reliably father Owain, Brady, Severa, Laurent, or Noire... a.k.a. "basically every magic-focused or magic-biased kid that exists," and he's good for all of them. Cavalier is basically the best class inheritance dogg. Heck, Ricken!Yarne isn't even that bad. YARNE. WITH RICKEN. IS DECENT.

Ricken owns.

Ricken's not a bad father, no. But, um, define "bizarro" and "non-bizarro" class sets for me, please?

Ricken is anything but "Bizzaro" considering he has Palladin Alone

I never said it, but I still believe the Cavs and Knights line are the best in the game, up there with Merc and Peg

Let's see...

From Cavalier you can get: Luna, Dual Guard+, Aegis, Discipline. That's pretty good skills.

@Vashiane: The males look horrid. The females, although skimpy, but they're better than the males.

Galeforce as a skill, is the rare element of Fire Emblem that brings together both casuals and LTC'ers, in an hype marriage of convenience.

The dinner parties are awkward.

Until personal experiences do us part

lol

Galeforce as a skill, is the rare element of Fire Emblem that brings together both casuals and LTC'ers, in an hype marriage of convenience.

That is the single best description of this skill that I've ever had the pleasure to read.

I am not worthy of being in your presence. notworthy.gif

lol

Stop combo'ing. xD

lolololololol.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hahahahaha... yes. So much win. XD

Let's see...

From Cavalier you can get: Luna, Dual Guard+, Aegis, Discipline. That's pretty good skills.

@Vashiane: The males look horrid. The females, although skimpy, but they're better than the males.

Hmm. The male's costume is on the interesting side, but the female one isn't that bad. I like it.

Plus Summer Scramble = beach fanservice for the win.

lol

:XD: