New Nintendo Direct tomorrow!

Anacybele

To be honest, I liked Other M. It wasn't the best, but hell, I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I love the Metroid series, too(Although Hunters does kind of...grate on me for some reason. Maybe it's the controls.), and I really want a sequel to Fusion.

Maybe as a game it is ok, but it just doesn't feel like a Metroid game at all. It's really linear for a Metroid game, and exploring has always been a key aspect to any Metroid game. And I didn't like how Samus was portrayed but I think most Other M haters are in the same boat.

For it's genre, it could have been great and it was somewhat fun, but I mainly dislike the game because it isn't what I'm looking for in a Metroid game.

Ironically, Hunters is probably my favourite Metroid game, but that's mainly because of how it was my first online game I played and made some great friends on there, even meeting and playing with the clan leader of one of the games most well known clans, the A1 clan. I had a blast on Hunters' multiplayer for some years. I somehow managed to play with the 4 buttons to look around, but switched to touch screen and I think it feels great.

A sequel to Fusion on the 3DS would be amazing. It would look absolutely amazing as a 2.5D game.

What I really want is another FPA on the Wii U. The things you could do with the GamePad would be so awesome.

Edit: @Leafeon I actually enjoyed Prime Pinball for what it was. It certainly wasn't anything special but I found it to be a very nice spin on the traditional game of pinball. I had quite a lot of fun on that, albeit not for long.

Edited by Nintendan

I'm actually quite psyched up for New Super Luigi U after finding out about the multiplayer being intact and Nabbit being a new playable character. I'm contemplating if I should download it (making it my very first DLC purchase ever) or if I should get the boxed version (since it's not very often you get to buy a game with Luigi's name on the title, since Mario gets his name on the title in practically every game he's in).

My interest for Pikmin 3 has also been raised, but not as much as the latter. I really want them to cover more details about multiplayer before deciding to make my purchase.

I'm glad to see a lot of official release dates for the games, and I'm especially glad to hear about E3 booths being available in many Best Buys for 3D Mario U, Super Smash Bros. 4, and Mario Kart Wii U. I wonder how big of line ups they'll have at those booths though...

Does this mean Pokemon X and Y will get a spot at E3? Or maybe nothing at all? When is the Genesect movie gonna be released BTW? I was kind of disappointed, some of the Pikmin info sad interesting, and the new Sonic caught my eye, but that's it.

I don't think Pokemon will be at E3, Pokemon games are usually absent from E3 for an unknown reason.

Today's direct was waaaay shorter than I expected; did they say approximately how long it would be be beforehand?

I think Nintendo could have easily classified it as a Nintendo Direct Mini or something.

I mean I went in not expecting any amazing new announcements, but it felt like it was over before it began o__o

Maybe as a game it is ok, but it just doesn't feel like a Metroid game at all. It's really linear for a Metroid game, and exploring has always been a key aspect to any Metroid game. And I didn't like how Samus was portrayed but I think most Other M haters are in the same boat.

For it's genre, it could have been great and it was somewhat fun, but I mainly dislike the game because it isn't what I'm looking for in a Metroid game.

Ironically, Hunters is probably my favourite Metroid game, but that's mainly because of how it was my first online game I played and made some great friends on there, even meeting and playing with the clan leader of one of the games most well known clans, the A1 clan. I had a blast on Hunters' multiplayer for some years. I somehow managed to play with the 4 buttons to look around, but switched to touch screen and I think it feels great.

A sequel to Fusion on the 3DS would be amazing. It would look absolutely amazing as a 2.5D game.

What I really want is another FPA on the Wii U. The things you could do with the GamePad would be so awesome.

Edit: @Leafeon I actually enjoyed Prime Pinball for what it was. It certainly wasn't anything special but I found it to be a very nice spin on the traditional game of pinball. I had quite a lot of fun on that, albeit not for long.

Samus, don't use the suit that would cause no harm to the ship and keep you from dying. My only issue was the terrible plot and voice acting.

Samus, don't use the suit that would cause no harm to the ship and keep you from dying. My only issue was the terrible plot and voice acting.

I lol'd. I agree though, the writing was pretty horrible. I was not sucked into this games plot at all, where as Prime 2 and 3 were actually quite interesting. Fusion's is certainly my favourite one of the lot though.

It's just a bit silly how horrible the reason(s) were to keep you from using abilities. Can't something lethal happen like getting infected by a dangerous parasite or taking severe damage by an explosion? Nope. It's just some douche who suddenly takes control of Samus. It annoys me even more because Samus is a freakin' bounty hunter for Christ's sake! She doesn't have to follow some order from Adam whatsoever. She is supposed to be this one-man-army kind of killing machine who keeps to herself. *sigh*

The cutscenes honestly weren't really that engaging and just dragged on forever. Might as well just named the game Metroid: Other M(ovie) since I'm sure you could class it as one.

Well let's hope it never happens again D:

Forget that lame SMT game, I wanna see what they have for Pokemon X

..... get out..... NOW!

Also I guess I might be interested in the Luigi U...... whenever I decide to get a Wii U, which, tbh, I don't see happening until a new Legend of Zelda comes out unless I get convinced otherwise.

Metroid Fusion was also very, very linear, too. XD But hey, to each their own. I was fine with Samus, personally, for certain reasons.

I found this interesting rumoured E3 schedule:

Late May / First Week of June

>Pre-NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS. Summary: Join us for our worldwide announcement of Nintendo’s E3 Expo plans for June 10th through June 13th. In this direct, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will clarify a few names, logos and release dates for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software that we will be exhibiting at E3. Furthermore, Mr. Iwata-san will detail how our new E3 structure will work including software updates that will allow you to view Nintendo E3 information where ever you go. (Late May, first week of June.)

June 10

>NintE3do Direct: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS Social Software. Summary: Welcome to our first ever Nintendo Direct from E3! Before we announce all of the video game software Nintendo plans to release this Summer and Holiday in 2013, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to go into detail a list of software updates for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and how new social games and applications such as Wii Fit U and Mii Kabuki Theater will leverage those features in the following months. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Wii U Zapper. Summary: In our first installment of Iwata’s Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview hardware developers and key software developers at Nintendo R&D to how the Wii U Zapper was designed and created to expand the game-play potential of the Wii U GamePad.

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Disney Interactive Studios. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will talk to our friends at Disney Interactive, investigating how Disney’s newest properties such as Star Wars [unless EA is making a SW game for 3DS, then I'm not so sure about this], Disney Infinity and Planes will offer unique game-play experience on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Ubisoft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Ubisoft President Yves Guillemot and the rest of the development staff at Ubisoft as they showcase the huge list of games Ubisoft will bring to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platform such as Watch_Dogs and Rayman Legends. (June 10th)

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo eShop Showcase: [i didn't feel this had enough ground to add into the article, I might post it in a future article.]

June 11

>NintE3do Direct: Wii U Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Wii U Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Wii U. First footage will be shown of Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Wii U, Mario Kart U, Yarn Yoshi, and Project X and more as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Summary: Welcome to the Nintendo Direct E3 Nintendo 3DS Software Showcase. Nintendo Co Ltd. President and Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata and Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amie will showcase brand new titles coming to the Nintendo 3DS. More footage will be shown for The Legend of Zelda: Return to the Past, Mario Party 3D, Mario & Luigi’s Dream Team and Pokemon X & Y as well as key titles from our partnerships and third party software publishers. New unannounced titles for Nintendo 3DS will also be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Retro Studios: Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview the talented people at Retro Studios as they go in depth on their latest game for Wii U that has been years in the making, a huge undertaking to create something nobody has seen before! (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Platinum Games. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview the Japanese hardcore gamer darling, Platinum Games, as they go deeper into how the Wii U gives the studio an amazing canvas to create fast paced, hard edged action games. New footage from The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and other projects will be spotlighted. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Monolith Soft. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Tetsuya Takahashi and the rest of the Monolith Soft staff on how the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS allows them to dream and design bigger than ever before. New footage from Monolith Soft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS projects will be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Super Smash Bros Direct. Summary: Welcome to the first ever Super Smash Bros Direct! In this first episode, Super Smash Bros creator and President of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai will give a detailed tour of the game’s new mechanics as well as the relationship between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game. New footage from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games will be shown. (June 11th)

>NintE3do Direct: Miyamoto’s Inside Story. Summary: In this special Nintendo Direct, join legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto as well as General Manager of EAD Software Development Department Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo EAD Tokyo Development Group Producer Yoshiaki Koizumi, Mario Kart Producer Hideki Konno, Pikmin Producer Hiroyuki Kimura and Legend of Zelda Series Director Eiji Aonuma as they explore the workings of Miyamoto’s design philosophy in the newest Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games announced at E3 2013. (June 11th)

June 12

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Activision. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Activision CEO Bobby Kotick as they review all the amazing games Activison will bring to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms from Call of Duty Ghosts to Skylanders: Swap Force and more! (June 12th)

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Capcom. Summary: In this Iwata Asks, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata will interview Yoshinori Ono as they dish out news of Capcom’s new endeavors on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. (June 12th)

>NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Square Enix– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: Iwata Asks Sega– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

>NintE3do Direct: TOP SECRET IWATA ASKS– June 12th– Summary: [Not enough ground]

June 13

>NintE3do Direct: Pokemon Direct– June 13th– Summary: Welcome to the newest installment of Pokemon Direct. In this edition, Pokemon Game Director Junichi Masuda will give us an in-depth look into the brave new world of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for the Nintendo 3DS. New Pokemon will be revealed and new game-play mechanics never seen before in the series will be featured.

>NintE3do Direct: Nintendo E3 2013 Conclusion– June 13th Summary: Thank you all for tuning in to the Nintendo E3 2013 Direct Experience. Before we close shop, Nintendo Co Ltd. President Satoru Iwata would like to express his thanks for those who support Nintendo with our Wii U and Nintendo 3DS products as well as recap all the biggest highlights and buzz from you, our fans.

It's probably just rumours, but an interesting read nonetheless. Yeah, it's relatively realistic and there's no big suprises or anything too out of the ordinary. Though that's exactly why it feels fake. There should at least be one or two suprise first party titles. I guess there's Retro Studios secret project being revealed, but there should be some other suprise first party titles revealed. I mean, where's Miyamoto's new IP he's working on in the schedule? Or maybe that's what the Top Secret Iwata Asks is about.

Also, Pokemon has never really had big presentations at E3 if I recall, and I doubt they'd change that.

This may be kind of off topic, but since I can't revive the Year of Luigi thread anymore, I'll post it here:

BI1KukgCcAA3SEu.jpg

Luigi's been helping Hatsune Miku promote the upcoming Project Mirai 2. I wonder how Daisy feels about this...

And I guess this question is somewhat on topic: is The Wonderful 101 IP owned by Nintendo or Platinum Games? I'm wanting to know since if it is Nintendo, it'll probably have some sort of representation in Smash Bros., even if it's just a trophy or sticker. Plus, I want to use that as an example when people complain Nintendo never comes up with any new IPs (Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, Harmoknight, and The Denpa Men say hi to those guys).

Yeah, Zelda Wii U just HAS to be at E3! But the ALttP sequel is officially titled Return to the Past? I dig that. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I'm pretty sure I heard that they weren't going to do a big presentation at E3. They'll still have booths and all that but it seems that revealing anything significant such as a new zelda is unlikely.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/nintendo_invites_media_to_wii_u_software_showcase_at_e3

Yup, no big presentation this time.