How about them good ol' English voices, huh?

I don't like any of the English voices, I'm far too used to the superior Japanese ones. D| For me, Inigo's is probably the worst. If he were about 15 years older, the stupidly deep voice might have suited him. I just can't stand hearing it. I tell you, if this game didn't have a Japanese voice option, I'd import so fast...

This is basically what I was going to say! Most of the English ones are -okay- but the Japanese ones are perfect IMO. Inigo's and Gregor's English voices are the most cringe-worthy of all...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go

The ears of mine is burning red

Her terrible voice tells me to move away

Take this, my hate, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

SHINING FINGER SWOOOOOORRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!

Good thing Rey used a Forged Killing Edge because screw WTD

Since someone bumped the thread. I can finally respond to this:

My only gripe with the English voices is the lack of a higher pitched Avatar for the small body, and female Morgan. Some voices that I liked less, like Cynthia, have grown on me as I play longer. Even hammy voices like Virion are executed with elegance, unlike say, the Disgaea series (man I really hate the voice acting in those games).

Personally I like Olivia's "STOP STARING", since it matches the cut-in face and the fact that she's about to lay down the hurt. I realize that Japanese Olivia is a lot more polite but I think it's sort of awkward to relate that politeness in a succinct manner in English without it sounding kind of spineless or insincere. I can see the appeal in the writing of Japanese Olivia, but that voice isn't really up my alley.

Sumia is all sorts of awesome voice-wise. She definitely fits the cute archetype without sounding like she's taken a hit of helium. I couldn't stand how she originally sounded and I'm glad NOA didn't try to imitate the original voice acting direction. Like it or not, but things were definitely changed to appeal to the average North American.

"One for the BARDS!" is also the best.

That is the quote that made me actually start liking Virion.

"REPENT, SINNER!" <3333

<3333 indeed.

I still don't get why people dislike Morgan (F)'s English voice. I love her.

I dunno, "YEAH BLOOD" is pretty amazing.

"One for the BARDS!" is also the best.

"REPENT, SINNER!" <3333

I'll nominate "pick a dog and play" "Pick a god and pray" from first gen and "This is the end, friend" from second gen

....yeah there's a lot of quotes

....wait, Morgan says the last one?

Edited by shadykid

<3333 indeed.

:):

I really love female Morgs' voice. Its cute and nice to the ear. "The flank's exposed!" Awww.

<3333 indeed.

I think it's because I had male Morgan on my team for so long, I got used to him. His voice seems a little more fitting to his body, but I guess it's just a case of not being used to his female counterpart.

That... is a seriously hammy evil laugh. XD

Well, I liked the evil laugh in Japanese, but that's really it.

If a native Japanese speaker is having trouble deciphering the dialogue, you know they did something wrong.

The voice modulator effect in Japanese just... absolutely... sucked.

Well, I liked the evil laugh in Japanese, but that's really it.

If a native Japanese speaker is having trouble deciphering the dialogue, you know they did something wrong.

The voice modulator effect in Japanese just... absolutely... sucked.

Oh... that's why.

It is kind of... robotic. I mean, that's a Earth dragon, not a robot.

Course, I wouldn't know the finer details of pronunciation and whatnot. I know like, what, ten words in Japanese?

I could understand only the last bit when Grima says "Your mother and father... are dead!", since the filter's reverb seemingly lets up at that point? The beginning though has way too much echo and reverb applied that I really couldn't even pick out words from it.

I'll admit I was wrong now; I really like the English voices, so long as I skip one or two when I'm grinding. Thanks for reintroducing me to the english voices, I couldn't live without gregor, or with Japanese Nah any longer