Lunatic+ playlog/guide/walkthrough - COMPLETED

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part is just trying to imagine everyone's reaction when Avatar starts giving those kinds of orders.

Avatar: Frederick, drop all of your weapons and run into that cloud of bad guys. Chrom, attack that Lance user with WTD, and take a Counter to the face so that I can take all of your weapons away and then have Gregor OHKO someone at melee range. Lissa, as soon as Sumia flies up and hits that guy, Rescue her back down. Everyone else spread out and fill up the hallway so that there's nowhere to stand on the other side of the door.

Gaius: So uhh, did you find your Tactician degree in a trashcan somewhere?

BTW, since this thread was bumped, I haven't updated due to a lack of free time. I'll get back to it in a while.

Edited by Interceptor

Chrom: Robin, according to Serenesforest data, there will be reinforcement here

Frederick: Alas my lord, what will happen if they spawn with Counter?

Robin: Unequip your weapon

Chrom: huh?

Robin: NOW

Counter Falc Come

Counter!Falc: I, Counter Falc have come to hard counter Marth!

Chrom: Come!

Counter!Falc: What? I don't have WTA and my counter is not working? impossibru

Chrom: How did you know that?

Robin: Because Im batman

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Chrom: Robin, according to Serenesforest data, there will be reinforcement here

Frederick: Alas my lord, what will happen if they spawn with Counter?

Robin: Unequip your weapon

Chrom: huh?

Robin: NOW

Counter Falc Come

Counter!Falc: I, Counter Falc have come to hard counter Marth!

Chrom: Come!

Counter!Falc: What? I don't have WTA and my counter is not working? impossibru

Chrom: How did you know that?

Robin: Because Im batman

lol where do you come up with this stuff?

Edited by 1% critted

I'm surprised I haven't seen this topic yet.

I needed a Lunatic+ Guide badly.

Feel free to post away either here or in the Lunatic Club thread if you need help with anything; Lunatic+ is a brotherpersonhood, and there are a lot of smart lurkers who have been there before.

Check the write-up for that chapter. Basically I ferried people onto the island on the right-hand side (only Pegs or Longbows can reach here), and then just make a defensive formation to protect your squishies (this works because you can use the wall as part of your defense). The fliers are pretty easy for me to deal with because my army is full of bows. Once the pegs/falcos are dead, you can deal with the rest of the map at your leisure, since they can't get to you.

If you don't have bows, standing unequipped works too. Just wait for the reinforcements to show, and then you can deal with any Counter guys as normal.

Ah, I see. So it was a THE small island after all. Not to mention that you have Morgan as longbow archer. My Gregor is criminally undertrained so even with tonics he would still get doubled by Falcon Pegs.

Ah, I see. So it was a THE small island after all. Not to mention that you have Morgan as longbow archer. My Gregor is criminally undertrained so even with tonics he would still get doubled by Falcon Pegs.

Well you don't HAVE to use Gregor. Interceptor's guide uses his preferred characters for the run, but in a strat you can replace X character, with a character you are using that does about the same. For example instead of Gregor, a good tank that you are using. Instead of Miriel a good mage that you are using. Etc.

Edited by 1% critted

Back in the saddle. OP updated with Chapter 17.

[spoiler=Chapter 17: Inexorable Death]

This map is full of promoted units, although they don't all move at once, so there's time to get into a good defensive formation. The goal here is to secure all of the chests while leveling up on the masses of reinforcements.

Preparations: enough Mire for Laurent to siege, and plenty of staff healing (including Physics).

Deployment: Miriel, Gregor, Avatar, Lucina, Morgan, Lissa, Olivia, Laurent, Anna.

Focus the majority of your forces to the left-hand side and middle. Keep a good balance of offense between each one. The general strategy is this:

• On Turn 1, use Player Phase offense (unpaired if necessary, for maximum damage) to steamroll through the enemies that start to the left and middle.
  • If you deploy a Long-bow user in the middle, it's possible to kill one of the three enemy Longbow users through the wall on Enemy Phase if you position properly.
  • Priority targets here: Longbow Snipers (range) and Valkyries (SPD and hitting RES).
  • The enemies from the right-hand side will come from behind, so deal with them appropriately. Take care not to aggro extra things inside the keep unless you have to.
  • The reinforcements will show up at the end of Turn 8; by that time you want to have a defensive knot set up in the center-left hallway. There are a lot of ways to do this, but I prefer to sandwich Olivia between the double walls so that she's untargetable by anything but Longbows (which are priority targets anyway), and leave Miriel adjacent to two primary fighters to the right of Olivia for maximum sustainability.
  • Make sure to Mire-bomb the lone thief on this map with Laurent. You have plenty of opportunities, even if he has Aegis+ and gets healed by the boss.
Finish the boss last, as usual, after using Anna to take care of the chests here. I had to use a SPD Tonic on Gregor in order to get him doubling against the Heroes here.

Turns: 22

Heroes: Louise & Lucina

Level HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Wlvl
Louise      2.55 69 34 24 30 40 38 39 21 A Swd, A Bow
Chrom       2.22 40 19 3  22 20 19 17 7  A Swd
Gregor     17.34 69 36 3  38 32 20 24 7  A Swd, A Bow
Miriel     13.37 57 6  29 36 39 29 19 36 A Stf, A Tme
Lucina     15.34 80 36 15 37 41 43 35 18 B Swd, C Bow
Morgan      2.08 78 41 22 35 37 39 36 23 A Bow, E Axe
Olivia     22.83 32 11 6  23 23 20 11 6  D Swd
Lissa      10.40 37 11 25 22 19 28 11 14 A Stf, C Tme
Laurent    17.15 60 18 20 29 25 24 25 21 A Tme

Supports   S - Louise|Chrom, Gregor|Miriel
           A - Louise|Frederick, Gregor|Lissa
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel/Lucina, Chrom|Morgan/Lucina, Lucina|Morgan
           C - Chrom|Lissa, Louise|Morgan, Laurent|Gregor/Miriel/Lucina
Chrom and Lucina built a support level, and I reclassed Morgan to Warrior once he hit level 15 and picked up Bowfaire. Warrior will be his final class. Laurent has a few stats capped, but I'm still going to hold out for a couple more levels before I promote him to Sorcerer.

Special double-update: Ch18 and Ch19 both.

I am getting close to the end, now. Gregor has hung on longer than I thought, although he's about to fall off for good. I need a reclass option for Lucina. She's still a primary combatant, so I guess I will make her a Bow Knight again; I like having her Parallel Falchion as an option.

[spoiler=Chapter 18: Sibling Blades]

This is a straightforward slug fest. There are no reinforcements, lava is everywhere, and promoted enemies hit pretty hard.

Preparations: Fortify staff and plenty of Physics for Miriel.

Deployment: Miriel, Gregor, Avatar, Lucina, Morgan, Lissa, Olivia, Laurent, Anna, Cherche.

I'm including Anna to account for the slim possibility that you can get to the chests before the lava eats them, but in reality there are too many 1-range combatants here to make it very feasible. You might get to one, maybe up to three if you are quick. Cherche is here to give you some flying mobility, and a partner for Avatar.

The most dangerous enemies here are the Griffon Riders, since they have long reach and can bypass your choke points, although it's very helpful that they cannot attack excerpt from solid ground that other units can stand on. Your units are going to take a LOT of damage, often spread out, which is why you want Fortify and Physics on Miriel with Olivia nearby for Dancing.

There is no complicated strategy here: just focus everyone in a pack in the middle (safer for bow users), and grind your way down towards the boss. I chose to keep Laurent with Lucina, since I want to get them built to S-rank ASAP. I made up for the EXP loss a bit by sniping Yen'fay with Mire as I approached him.

Turns: 16

Heroes: Lucina & Laurent

Louise      3.66 69 35 24 31 40 39 39 21 A Swd, A Bow
Chrom       2.95 40 19 3  22 20 19 17 7  A Swd
Gregor     18.82 70 37 3  39 32 21 24 7  A Swd, A Bow
Miriel     17.56 60 7  33 37 41 29 20 37 A Stf, A Tme
Lucina     17.31 80 37 15 38 42 45 36 18 B Swd, B Bow
Morgan      4.34 80 42 23 37 39 41 36 24 A Bow, E Axe
Olivia     24.44 34 11 6  24 25 21 12 7  D Swd
Lissa      11.08 37 12 26 22 20 28 11 15 A Stf, C Tme
Laurent    19.93 60 18 20 29 26 26 25 21 A Tme

A - Louise|Frederick, Gregor|Lissa, Chrom|Morgan
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel/Lucina/Morgan, Chrom|Lucina, Lucina|Morgan, Laurent|Lucina/Miriel
           C - Chrom|Lissa, Laurent|Gregor
A few scattered supports gained here, plus Miriel picked up Dual Support+ during the chapter.

[spoiler=Chapter 19: The Conqueror]

WALHART.

Preparations: Consumable heals on hand for your non-Chrom group.

Deployment: Whoever is being trained.

There's only one way to approach this chapter, and that's to sit on forts and tank the reinforcements until they stop coming. Hopefully you have four strong unit pairs and can sit on both sets of bottom forts, otherwise just use one set. Reinforcements stop after the Turn 8 wave. Don't be lazy about killing people: they won't spawn if there are 50 enemy units on the map, so keep the numbers down to maximize EXP.

I sent Louise/Fred and Gregor/Miriel west, with Morgan/Chrom and Lucina/Laurent going east. Laurent was able to do some Nos-tanking for EXP when Counter density was low. Gregor reclassed into a Warrior (final class), and Laurent promoted to Sorcerer.

Walhart was a complete badass and took two rounds to kill.

Turns: 30

Louise      5.76 71 36 25 32 40 40 40 22 A Swd, A Bow
Chrom       3.57 41 20 3  23 20 19 18 7  A Swd, E Lnc
Gregor      2.24 80 43 3  36 29 21 26 9  E Axe, A Bow
Miriel     18.49 61 7  33 37 41 30 20 38 A Stf, A Tme
Lucina     19.43 80 38 15 40 43 47 36 18 A Swd, A Bow
Morgan      7.15 80 44 24 39 41 43 38 25 A Bow, E Axe
Olivia     24.44 34 11 6  24 25 21 12 7  D Swd
Lissa      11.08 37 12 26 22 20 28 11 15 A Stf, C Tme
Laurent     9.18 73 20 26 35 32 30 30 26 A Tme

A - Louise|Frederick, Gregor|Lissa, Chrom|Morgan
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel/Lucina/Morgan, Chrom|Lucina, Lucina|Morgan, Laurent|Lucina
           C - Chrom|Lissa, Laurent|Gregor/Miriel
Gregor's SPD is in trouble, though Miriel's Pair-Up bonuses really help. He's screwed big time, and I haven't used any stat boosters yet, so I may throw them on if it starts to become a problem.

You beat my nightmare so quickly, I feel so shitty.

It's just because my army is perfectly suited for that chapter. Don't give a shit about Counter because of bows, high base avoid (Demoiselle, Patience, Avoid +10, Charm etc) combining with Forts to keep hit rates at stupid low levels... all I had to do was target the Hawkeye enemies, which is easy when you have two ranged attackers side by side. Gregor was the squishiest unit on the map, and he never went below half once.

If it makes you feel any better, Ch20 is going to be a pain in the ass for me because the forts are gone. I haven't decided how to approach it yet. My first exploratory run, I made a 3-deep corner formation, but that won't be too reliable because of hit rates and Longbows. I might stuff a hallway, or hide behind one of the statues.

What's the worst combination skills for a longbow Sniper? The one who make you want to cringe in pain if you see them appeared.

For me with any bow equipped user, it's counter+Aegis or Luna+. Counter means I can't exploit their damn weakness. That's all that matters.

Melee + Physic?

Melee + Fortify?

Or do you need Brawl + Tripping to counter them :Kappa:

Project M+ Critical

And I don't want to waste HEELZ on a lot of damage when I can just 2-range them and take less damage actually >_>

You could try a treasure room rush.

This is on the table. I have a feeling that I'd need to do full deployment for that though, because of Pass. The doorway is still two units wide, and there's nothing slowing anyone down in terms of terrain, so yikes.

I have a decent statue strategy; you can cram units behind either one of the side statues if you kill off a Hero and a Sage (the latter which can be done through the wall via Longbow). The problem that I am running into here are the Sages, who hurt like a sonofabitch and are reasonably accurate. I may even end up using Miriel's Rally RES, who knew?

What's the worst combination skills for a longbow Sniper? The one who make you want to cringe in pain if you see them appeared.

Hawkeye and Luna+ Snipers, no contest. If they don't have Luna+ I don't care about them (because they do no damage), and Hawkeye means that 1) I can't evade them normally, and 2) Lucina/Louise's Bowbreakers don't do anything useful. Luna+ also means instant death for Olivia (she can survive a normal shot if not doubled).

Updated with Ch20. Laurent went apeshit on this map.

[spoiler=Chapter 20: The Sword or the Knee]

This map starts with the cap of 50 units already on the map (49 Valm plus one Thief), with an additional eighteen units arriving as reinforcements from the bottom of the map at the end of Turn Four. Math wizards here will note that the practical implications of this, are that you need to kill at least 18 units during the first four Phases if you want to maximize EXP. So that's what I'll be doing here.

Preparations: Mire and Nosferatu tomes for Laurent, sufficient Rescue juice for Miriel and Lissa.

Deployment: Avatar, Lucina, Laurent, Gregor, Miriel, Morgan as primaries. Lissa, Olivia, Anna, Kellam, and Frederick as utility and slot-in Support partners. Yes, Kellam.

The defensive stand on this map is going to be made outside the northwest treasure room, backs to the door. The northeast treasure room is no good for the job: the Thief will make it there by Turn 3, and once the door is opened, your back lines are exposed to enemies with Pass, since there aren't any terrain features here that can slow them down. It's possible to kill him with Mire before he gets there, but that can be tricky depending on enemy skill distribution. The only thing at stake is a Spirit Dust, so just let it go.

Deployment here will involve putting your heavy hitters (and their partners) mostly to the left hand side, with the exception of Lucina and Laurent, who will be doing this:

[spoiler=Come at me, bro.]N4btyTi.jpg?2

Some general points for the chapter:

• The bottom-row Generals and the Cervantes group will move immediately. Excellus and crew won't move until the reinforcements show up. The Valm units on the wings and in front of the treasure room doors, won't move (ever) unless you get in their range.
  • If you are feeling brave and have the stats, Laurent (with Support Lucina) can Nosferatank the Cervantes group, which helps immensely. This is possible because there are only 2-4 units that will attack you at 1-range (Heroes guaranteed, Warriors maybe), thus avoiding a lot of potential Counter damage. If you DO need to eliminate a Counter enemy or two for safety reasons, Laurent can kill/injure one, and you could also have Avatar or Morgan kill another before being Rescued out of range. Give him lots of tonics and/or a forged Nosferatu if Laurent needs more power here.
  • Everyone else should rush west and kill the four Generals there immediately. Next Turn, make your way north, with the goal of setting up a 3x2 defensive block in front of the treasure room door. Olivia and multiple Rescue staff uses will really help out here.
  • Watch out for the two Longbow users with Excellus. They have a higher effective mt than you might expect, because of the possibility that someone has Rally STR. Protect your squishy targets, and eliminate the Longbows first. Mire is helpful for this, as it Avatar with a Longbow herself. Anna with a little defensive help can take a shot to the face and survive it.
  • Laurent (as well as Lucina) can also make for a good decoy against the Excellus group. They are all individual-aggro prior to Turn 4, so you can draw a few away by standing at the top of a statue with Nosferatu (or just attract the Longbow users one at a time to take them out). It's not wise to try to man-mode them, since the group is largely composed of 1-range enemies, but you can thin out the herd and make it easier to get into the defensive spot. Rescue Laurent out of there once things get hairy (which can happen fairly quickly once the reinforcements catch up).
  • Remember to pick up the chests once you deal with the reinforcements.
  • Don't leave injured enemies if you can help it. The knot of Physic users near Walhart will move to heal wounded units (they will move back afterwards if there are no injuries).
  • Walhart is no freaking joke. His entire crew aggros whenever you are in range of any of them. You need 42 SPD to double him, effective weapons won't work, and he has Aegis+ and Pavise+ guaranteed. I highly recommend sending an extremely strong Pair to fight him (such as Morgan + Avatar or Lucina), try to separate him from his healers, and bank on a tasty crit on the Support partner.
I picked off the Heroes around Walhart with Mire, and sent MorganxLouise to deal with the Conquerer himself. Managed to get a Rout here, which was nice.

Turns: 22

Louise      6.32 72 36 25 32 40 40 40 22 A Swd, A Bow
Chrom       4.24 42 21 3  24 21 20 18 7  A Swd, E Lnc
Gregor      2.81 80 43 3  36 29 21 26 9  E Axe, A Bow
Miriel      1.00 63 7  35 37 43 30 20 38 A Stf, A Tme
Lucina      1.00 80 38 16 41 43 47 36 19 A Swd, A Bow
Morgan     10.91 80 47 24 41 42 45 38 25 A Bow, E Axe
Olivia     26.24 36 12 9  26 26 22 12 7  D Swd
Lissa      11.56 37 12 26 22 20 28 11 15 A Stf, C Tme
Laurent    14.62 77 21 30 38 33 33 34 29 A Tme

A - Louise|Frederick/Miriel, Gregor|Lissa, Chrom|Morgan, Laurent|Lucina
           B - Louise|Lissa/Lucina/Morgan, Chrom|Lucina, Lucina|Morgan
           C - Chrom|Lissa, Laurent|Gregor/Miriel
Built a pair of A supports, and reclassed Miriel/Lucina back into their current classes for a few more stat-up opportunities. Getting close to the end, now.

Updated with Ch21. This was a cathartic chapter for me, since I got to Mire-bomb the shit out of those stupid Sorcerer reinforcement mofos.

[spoiler=Chapter 21: Five Gemstones]

There are two ways to approach this chapter: either a mad rush to the boss, or a Scorched Earthâ„¢ slug-fest. I specifically trained Laurent for the latter, so that's what I will be doing. Pack a lunch.

Preparations: enough uses of Mire such that you can attack 90-100+ times, taking Armsthrift into account. This is not a joke.

Deployment: Avatar, Lucina, Morgan, Miriel, Gregor, Laurent, Anna.

Laurent will spending the entire chapter lobbing Mire hits on the otherwse-untouchable Sorcerers that spawn in the twenty four staircases on the sides of the map. You want to give him as much MAG and crit chance as humanly possible: I suggest a Miriel support (for Dual Support+), as well as using either Focus (+10 crit when alone) or Solidarity (Avatar or Morgan) to boost it further. Roughly 20-30% listed crit should be attainable under ordinary circumstances.

Everyone else will be taking out the normal enemies, plus reinforcements. A good first Turn move is to position Longbow!Avatar above the closed door: she can kill the Mire Sorcerer, and then counter-attack the normal guy on Enemy Phase. The "normal" reinforcements arrive on Turns 5 (left stairs), 6 (right stairs), 7 (bottom stairs), 8 (left stairs again), and 9 (right and bottom stairs). I like to park everyone (except Laurent) in the center chamber, where they can counter-attack ranged enemies through the wall, as well as pick off melee enemies that are running by. You can create a "safe zone" once you carve up a corner of the upper-right portion of the map.

Don't forget to get the treasure chests with Anna, and kill the boss last. The boss DOES move, so stay out of his range until you are ready for him.

Turns: 85 (that right, bitches: full clear)

Heroes: Miriel & Laurent

Louise      9.56 74 37 26 34 40 41 40 23 A Swd, A Bow
Chrom       5.26 43 21 3  24 22 20 18 8  A Swd, E Lnc
Gregor      3.02 80 44 4  37 30 22 27 9  E Axe, A Bow
Miriel      2.07 63 8  35 37 43 30 21 39 A Stf, A Tme
Lucina      3.89 80 39 17 42 43 49 36 20 A Swd, A Bow
Morgan     13.21 80 49 24 41 42 47 39 25 A Bow, E Axe
Olivia     26.24 36 12 9  26 26 22 12 7  D Swd
Lissa      11.56 37 12 26 22 20 28 11 15 A Stf, C Tme
Laurent     2.51 80 22 35 42 34 44 36 31 A Tme

A - Louise|Frederick/Miriel, Gregor|Lissa, Chrom|Morgan, Laurent|Lucina
           B - Louise|Lissa/Lucina/Morgan, Chrom|Lucina, Lucina|Morgan
           C - Chrom|Lissa, Laurent|Gregor/Miriel/Louise
Lucina and Morgan both have four capped stats. Excellentâ„¢. Laurent hit Sorcerer level 20 partway through the chapter, so I just reclassed him back into Sorcerer for more stat gains. If you're wondering why his LCK is so high, it's because I threw my Goddess Icons on him to preserve some Mire uses (nobody else really needs them anyway). He gained 7 levels during the chapter.

These strats are so god tier. You are shitting on the game mode that shits on you!

I second this.

I'm so happy to see lunatic + getting trolled so hard.

I second this too. Keep up the good work!