The Veteran and Aptitude Thread

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Veteran or Galeforce?

It had to be done.

It is the best skill in the game, period. It is needed for higher difficulties and cracks them mid-game with a sledgehammer when used long enough. They don't make it rare for a reason. You can also get this with no wireless features involved. Since you have to end up pairing alot on Lunatic, that 50% more EXP gain always helps out in the long run. Lucina can get this too if Chrom is paired with MU through inheritance. Galeforce doesn't help on Lunatic when the enemies hit like trucks forcing you to retreat and heal most of the time. Vote to those who think is better. Galeforce, or Veteran.

I vote Veteran because it is the ultimate skill.

Edited by ポーラ

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Veteran personally. It allows the Avatar to become overpowered fast, and makes his/her children/child usable right away, even on Lunatic or Lunatic+ if the other parent is up to par with your other units.

Veteran is the only skill better than Galeforce in practice. In theory the only reason Veteran is so good is because the best possible unit has it (the Avatar).

galeforce since Exp supplies are limitless on this game (EXPonential growth duh >.<) galeforce are not only for killing another enemies in same turn, but can also for tactical retreat since FE13 lack canto, or so you can *eliminate trouble and healing dying allies* at once.

i'm just being a nerd lately, geez >.<

galeforce since Exp supplies are limitless on this game (EXPonential growth duh >.<) galeforce are not only for killing another enemies in same turn, but can also for tactical retreat since FE13 lack canto, or so you can *eliminate trouble and healing dying allies* at once.

i'm just being a nerd lately, geez >.<

So Galeforce is better because you can grind to get it? You do realize that the levels you got to get Galeforce already break the game right?

Veteran's only use is to get you faster to galeforce

Reminds me of something on GameFAQs...

"I propose a skills tier list as well. That "Rate the skills" tier list and the "Skills Guide" are clearly bad tier lists meant for bad players.

I'll start:

Galeforce tier:

Galeforce

Helps me get Galeforce faster:

Veteran

Not Galeforce tier:

Everything else"

Veteran is the only skill better than Galeforce in practice. In theory the only reason Veteran is so good is because the best possible unit has it (the Avatar).

Strange. I think one of main reasons Avatar is so good is precisely because Veteran is so powerful. Stat wise, Avatar has mediocre bases and average growths. But Veteran makes those average growths come into play way quicker, and you get a character who becomes really good really quickly, and who can then start using his massive reclass options to go to other classes more rapidly.

If Avatar didn't get Veteran, and say, Chrom got it, then the most efficient way to play would be Chrom soloing rather than Avatar soloing. Heck, if Fred got it, then Fred would probably be soloing most of the game.

I think Veteran is best with units who have a lot of availability. Can you imagine Veteran being so useful with Cherche, when the hard part is gone already?

This is not a good example. Morgan and Lucina show up at around the same time, and yes, actually, Veteran can make them ridiculous.

The rout chapters have already passed, replaced by far easier boss killing chapters. Furthermore, your characters are probably strong enough to break the game. Most chapters after that can be:

1. Cleared in 1 turn, Galeforce or not

2. Nosferatanked

3. Avatar soloed

Can they be ridiculous? Sure, but the more important part of the game has passed, when your units were weak. Lucina and Morgan have nothing to offer but overkill.

The rout chapters have already passed, replaced by far easier boss killing chapters. Furthermore, your characters are probably strong enough to break the game. Most chapters after that can be:

1. Cleared in 1 turn, Galeforce or not

2. Nosferatanked

3. Avatar soloed

Can they be ridiculous? Sure, but the more important part of the game has passed, when your units were weak. Lucina and Morgan have nothing to offer but overkill.

I argue this point all of the time. No one ever agrees with it.

Just because Morgan and Lucina are ridiculous, however, doesn't mean that Veteran is good because of those two. Their ridiculousness is just not necessary--it is overkill.

My point that Veteran is only good on high availability characters remains.

My point that Veteran is only good on high availability characters remains.

Remains wrong/shortsighted. Veteran enables a unit like Morgan or Lucina to reclass and level up every time that they kill something. They are quickly able to catch/surpass existing characters.

It's not because of any innate superpowers, it's because of Veteran.

Reminds me of something on GameFAQs...

"I propose a skills tier list as well. That "Rate the skills" tier list and the "Skills Guide" are clearly bad tier lists meant for bad players.

I'll start:

Galeforce tier:

Galeforce

Helps me get Galeforce faster:

Veteran

Not Galeforce tier:

Everything else"

Never seen more truth compiled in a list in my life

By the way, anyone who argues that veteran is useful on anyone other than avatar is a scrub who doesn't play the game the right way (max ltc). If you did, you'd clearly see that galeforce >>> veteran

Edited by Constable Galeforce

Remains wrong/shortsighted. Veteran enables a unit like Morgan or Lucina to reclass and level up every time that they kill something. They are quickly able to catch/surpass existing characters.

It's not because of any innate superpowers, it's because of Veteran.

Why does that make the game any easier or more efficient for us? Newsflash: it doesn't. You already have Nosferatu tanking, Avatar soloing, and clearing chapters in 1 turn open to you to trivialize the game. Just because Morgan or Lucina can reclass or level up doesn't mean the game is not trivialized prior to their existence. Why trivialize an already trivialized game further? It's pointless.