Weapon triangle in the DS remakes

Espinosa

Does anybody have a good way of memorising exacty how the weapon triangle works in these two games? I keep looking up the details exactly everytime I play the games, but mess it up later on anyway and get something wrong.

Maybe somebody has an effective method to memorise it (like the colours of the rainbow or something), or some core rules to keep in mind so that you know the essence of it.

No idea why they dropped the simple old-fashioned weapon triangle that's not so forgettable.

I guess this might apply to Awakening as well (?).

Swords are the weakest but most accurate; hence they receive boosts to Atk but no boosts to Hit.

Lances (and bows and tomes) are intermediate; hence they receive a smaller Atk boost and a smaller Hit boost.

Axes are the strongest but least accurate; hence they receive no Atk boost but full boosts to Hit.

That's the best I've got.

Edited by Redwall

Swords are the weakest but most accurate; hence they receive boosts to Atk but no boosts to Hit.

Lances (and bows and tomes) are intermediate; hence they receive a smaller Atk boost and a smaller Hit boost.

Axes are the strongest but least accurate; hence they receive no Atk boost but full boosts to Hit.

That's the best I've got.

That part I do remember by heart. I mean the tricky part where you're attacking somebody with A weapon rank, or when you're being attacked and you have to remember what your rank in the equipped weapon is (for Cavs and lategame Heroes, who are most likely to carry two weapon types) and how it affects your chances of survival. I always miscalculate this part.

That part I do remember by heart. I mean the tricky part where you're attacking somebody with A weapon rank, or when you're being attacked and you have to remember what your rank in the equipped weapon is (for Cavs and lategame Heroes, who are most likely to carry two weapon types) and how it affects your chances of survival. I always miscalculate this part.

The triangle bonus depends on the rank of the advantageous side - if E or D, the bonus if +5 hit, if C, B, or A, it's +10 hit (at A rank, 1 mt is also added to the advantageous side). Awakening largely does the same thing, only it's B rank that gets +/- 1 Mt, and at A rank it's +/- 1Mt and 15 hit.

Edited by Levant Fortner

the weapon triangle is nothing in the face of a wing spear nuke

probably because the wing spear nuke never faces axe enemies ever

it'd probably be pretty awful against them!

WHAT ABOUT WARPLESS

... more wing spear nukes? ;):

probably because the wing spear nuke never faces axe enemies ever

it'd probably be pretty awful against them!

even if it did (go up against axe enemies), it would only lose about 2-3 points of damage output when it has like 42 MT with an optimal forge

Where on earth are you getting 42 might from? The wing spear does not have effective damage against any of the axe-wielding classes in this game.

Edited by Hyde

Where on earth are you getting 42 might from? The wing spear does not have effective damage against any of the axe-wielding classes in this game.

silly goose... the wing spear nukes EVERYTHING in this game!

more seriously, using a 14 MT wing spear when it doesn't do effective damage would just be plain dumb - edge cases aside.

Haha yeah, that's true. Really I only use it for the first couple of chapters when I really need something dead and it's not like Sheeda's going to be doing much more than Javelin spam anyways, so taking a hit on her part doesn't hurt me too much.