Best Child Character

Agreed. Brady's not the best unit but he's certainly not terrible. My Brady has Libra for a father, and it takes an A-level tome to do any sort of real damage to him. C-E does nothing. Perfect mage bait, as he whips out his own tome and retaliates.

Added to the fact that Nah as Kellam for a father and is married to Brady, the two of them are excellent at dealing with mages and wyvern riders.

I mean, if you take the time to train him and give him a father that compliments his magic stat, he'll do well for you. Certainly good enough to not be bottom tier.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my preffered father for Brady actually is Physical, or speedy

Namely:

Virion

Lon'Qu

Vaike

Stahl

It depends on what route I go with him initially: if I want Sage!Brady for his first promotion, I give him a magical father. If I want a War Monk!Brady, I give him a physical father. But I must say I do like my Sage!Brady, even though this time around I'm going to have to go War Monk since Chrom is his father.

I like Noire and Yarne the best. Owain is a cool third because jojo pose.

Has nothing to do with viability. Though it was nice having yarne run around as an assassin with counter. Jesus, what a monster, even out of his crazy beast class.

Laurent gets honorable mention for one reason: nerdzerker laurent with wizard hat is really amusing

Laurent gets honorable mention for one reason: nerdzerker laurent with wizard hat is really amusing

GO NERDZERKER OR GO HOME!!!

Its funny how mod wise Laurent is actually a better beserker than Owain thanks to higher speed.

GO NERDZERKER OR GO HOME!!!

Its funny how mod wise Laurent is actually a better beserker than Owain thanks to higher speed.

on the other hand, Dread Fighter fits Owain's hammy personality better anyway

Berserker!Laurent looks kinda ugh because why are the berserker models in this game so awful

It's so bad I don't even wanna think about it

Edited by Levant Fortner

The viability of a child character depends on who I've matchmade them with. If we're going for people who I've trained. . .

Every single file

Gerome

Kjelle

Most of the time

Brady

Morgan

Owain

Sometimes

Cynthia

Inigo

Laurent

Lucina

Noire

I should do it more often

Nah

Yarne

You're so annoying that you're here only for supports

Severa

Gerome makes a good Strength support to anyone (currently Lucina), and I don't know why I always end up using Kjelle. I failed to realize the awesomeness of Brady/Owain the first time 'round, and I'm not quite sure what to do with Morgan in my most recent file. I keep forgetting that Nah/Yarne exists (even if they're paired in my file, and Nah is MU's daughter), and Severa's supports are painful (I wanted to punch her for most of her Laurent/Severa one).

That middle tier is for kids who I know end up pretty good, but I don't have time/patience to train always.

The viability of a child character depends on who I've matchmade them with. If we're going for people who I've trained. . .

Every single file

Gerome

Kjelle

Most of the time

Brady

Morgan

Owain

Sometimes

Cynthia

Inigo

Laurent

Lucina

Noire

I should do it more often

Nah

Yarne

You're so annoying that you're here only for supports

Severa

Gerome makes a good Strength support to anyone (currently Lucina), and I don't know why I always end up using Kjelle. I failed to realize the awesomeness of Brady/Owain the first time 'round, and I'm not quite sure what to do with Morgan in my most recent file. I keep forgetting that Nah/Yarne exists (even if they're paired in my file, and Nah is MU's daughter), and Severa's supports are painful (I wanted to punch her for most of her Laurent/Severa one).

That middle tier is for kids who I know end up pretty good, but I don't have time/patience to train always.

Well, the problem I see here is that bad personality/character =/= bad unit. Severa is, without a doubt, one of the best children characters you can get because she is very hard to screw over. Even if you give her a magical father (although I wouldn't really understand the reasoning behind it), she could go Sorcerer and still be great. Keep in mind that just because a character may be annoying, that doesn't automatically mean they are bad as an actual unit. Although, in all fairness, every child character will probably be, at the very least, average. I haven't gone a single playthrough without switching to the second gen units the minute I get them.

Anyway, the characters who I see receiving most of the hate over personality are Yarne, Severa, and occasionally Kjelle, but all three are actually great characters, and Kjelle with Galeforce knows no bounds. It's funny how people bench characters the find annoying before they even see the second rule of Fire Emblem Benching Checks: Are they a good unit?

Well, I've spent enough time ranting like I always do. Feel free to ignore this post, eclipse. I have the worst habit of rambling.

Well, the problem I see here is that bad personality/character =/= bad unit. Severa is, without a doubt, one of the best children characters you can get because she is very hard to screw over. Even if you give her a magical father (although I wouldn't really understand the reasoning behind it), she could go Sorcerer and still be great. Keep in mind that just because a character may be annoying, that doesn't automatically mean they are bad as an actual unit. Although, in all fairness, every child character will probably be, at the very least, average. I haven't gone a single playthrough without switching to the second gen units the minute I get them.

Anyway, the characters who I see receiving most of the hate over personality are Yarne, Severa, and occasionally Kjelle, but all three are actually great characters, and Kjelle with Galeforce knows no bounds. It's funny how people bench characters the find annoying before they even see the second rule of Fire Emblem Benching Checks: Are they a good unit?

Well, I've spent enough time ranting like I always do. Feel free to ignore this post, eclipse. I have the worst habit of rambling.

I know she's not bad as a playable character, but I can replicate her usefulness elsewhere; hence, the bench.