Your Top 5 favorite Skills in the game

Djing

DO NOT MENTION!!!

Galeforce

Veteran

Limit Breaker

My Top 5

5. DUAL GUARD+ - The main thing that puts this at my NUMBER 5 is that its DISTRIBUTION is AMAZING. NINE FIRST GENERATION CHARACTERS have access to this skill. ELEVEN if you count MARIBELLE and THE VAIKE'S ability to pass CAVALIER/KNIGHT to their children. Dual Guards SAVE LIVES and you'll be SPARED FROM BRAIN DESTROYING FRUSTRATION many times postgame thanks to this skill.

4. ARMSTHRIFT - The infamous NOSFERATANK SORCERER owes its success to this skill. Armsthrift is almost necessary for DEFENSIVE FRONTLINERS LIKE KJELLE. Its a bit of a WASTE OF A SKILLSLOT for support units since braves are buyable, but magic users appreciate the ability to carry TOYS LIKE SUPERIOR JOLT and VALFLAME without scurrying back to the convoy.

3. AGGRESSOR - The skill that turns BOYS INTO MEN. Anybody with a Y CHROMOSOME can use this skill to ENHANCE THEIR sex lives PLAYER PHASE. It synergizes well with THAT SKILL WHICH WILL NOT BE NAMED and it allows WEAKLINGS LIKE SWORDMASTER OWAIN to not hit like a chump.

2. Sol - This skill bores me, but I can't deny its usefulness in the main campaign and for defe.....nsi.....ve tan...ks...to ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1. LUNA - This is the BEST OFFENSIVE PROC in the game. Big enemies will fall thanks to your ability to PENETRATE THEIR DEFENSES. A major factor in what makes me like this skill so much is the animation. Its just like LETHALITY but it replaces the BLOOD with SPARKLES. This skill is so good it makes your enemies BLEED SPARKLES. Luna is best pony skill.

All top 5's are subjective.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ignis - Mage with 40 str is a waste. Have Ignis put every stat into good use.

2. Renewal - Everywhere you stand is an invisible Fort.

3. Armsthrift - Weapon breaker is Heart breaker

4. Sol - can't use potion, or staff during enemy's turn

5. Shadowgift - I love a Grandmaster using Dark Tome

Edited by Ganhur

in no particular order

Deliverer - More movement is better

Armthrift - because I don't have to keep on making more named forges. I like my pretty forges to not break and tied to one character so it feels special

Sol - whee heals are good

Tomebreaker- because I main Wyvern Lord. Bows are pretty much nothing to my defense (unless you count the tson ones) but tomes don't even have to be effective to hurt. Eesh. Tomebreaker gets rid of that problem. As long as they don't have Hawkeye.

Pass - Mainly used in conjunction with Deliverer and skill-that-must-not-be-named so i can skip even more enemies. Wheee skipping enemies.

Honourable mention to Luna, Paragon, Axefaire, and Aggressor. In fact, if Aggressor wasn't male-only and my main MU could use it, it'd have made it on the list, but nooooo

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hmmm...

1. Luna
2. Aether(just a combination of two of my favorites XD)
3. Ignis
4. Astra(of course)
5. Sol

Shadowgift and Lethality are sweet too, though.

Luna is best pony skill.

Hahahaha, you know that's right. XD

Edited by Miralizmis

1. Ignis/Luna for damage, depending on class

2. Sol, yay tanking!

3. Armsthrift, infinite weapons ftw

4. Aether, because it's awesome

5. Dual Guard+, having an extra 10% chance to block any attack is surprisingly useful (unlike that useless Dual Support+)

honorable mention to Lancebreaker for trivializing God Anna

Edited by shadykid

DO NOT MENTION!!!

Galeforce

Veteran

Limit Breaker

Fine with me - I had no intention of mentioning them anyway.

Let'sa go!

In no particular order:

Luna

Aether

Dual Support+

Ignis

Aegis

1. Armthrift

2. Swordbreaker (swords are the most common enemy weapons, and this just wrecks them)

3. Discipline

4. Astra

5. Aether

Edited by Zeem

1. Sol- I love how it turns anyone into a tank. When used in conjunction with hit to heal items it heals you for every point of damage you do.(not really useful, but fun.)

2. Armsthrift- I love the idea of unbreakable weapons. Very useful synergy with Astra.

3. Astra- Basically a crit that cost weapon uses as damage is multiplied by 2.5. I love how you can still crit on top of it and activate other skills. Crazy useful for any offensive unit.

4. Deliverer- I ALWAYS play paired up. This skill is basically +2 Mov for me. Makes flyers even more deadly and allows foot units to not fall behind.

5. Aether- Absolutely amazing synergy with Astra and Rightful King. The only reason Deliverer beats it is its sheer utility for any unit while Aether can only be learned by a select few. :/

1. Sol - Awesome activation rate and is pretty crucial for difficult maps for units that don't get Sorceror.

2. Armsthrift - Love having this skill for postgame

3. Dual Guard+ - So freaking handy for Apotheosis

4. Dual Strike+ - Extra Dual Strikes with Brave weapons are awesome

5. Dual Support+ - I'll take extra 20 avoid any day

1. Sol - Awesome activation rate and is pretty crucial for difficult maps for units that don't get Sorceror.

2. Armsthrift - Love having this skill for postgame

3. Dual Guard+ - So freaking handy for Apotheosis

4. Dual Strike+ - Extra Dual Strikes with Brave weapons are awesome

5. Dual Support+ - I'll take extra 20 avoid any day

you only get 5/10 avoid depending on the initial support level....

Deliverer - More movement is better

Pass - Mainly used in conjunction with Deliverer and skill-that-must-not-be-named so i can skip even more enemies. Wheee skipping enemies.

Just add Acrobat (or apply to airborne class) for maximum mobility!

Now I'm going to steal your list format

Anyway, my top five are, in no particular order:

Armsthrift - Nigh-unlimited legendary and forged weapon uses is amazing.

Renewal - Free healing!

Sol - Immensely helpful for surviving enemy phases against brutal adversaries.

Paragon - 2x EXP is very welcome, although this one is liked more as a training utility.

Rally Specturm + Rally Heart - These two similar skills may not restore any hit points or have any fancy sparkly battle animations, but they can be incredibly useful in a number of situations. +4 is a pretty hefty boost to receive to every stat at once, and although Rally Heart gives just half of that, its added bonus to Movement is still much appreciated.

Let's see, and with a general lack of a proper order...

Ignis- Absolutely amazing, especially for mixed classes like Dread Fighter and Grandmaster.

Sol- Self-healing is great.

Luna- More damage that a good chunk of characters can get is pretty good.

Pavise/Aegis- Tanking powers, and whoever can access Luna also can access at least one of these, so you get at least 2 good skills for the price of 1.

Armsthrift- Forged/Legendary weapons love this skill.

Rally Spectrum - I love me some good rally boosts.

Sol - Enemy phase healing is nice, 'specially on Lunatic.

Armsthrift - Unbreakable Helswath (and other A rank weapons)? Hell yes.

Lucky Seven - Most maps don't take more than 7 turns, so it's basically a free +20 Hit/Avoid.

All the breakers - +50 Hit/Avoid is always welcome. Tomebreaker is probably the most useful in general.

I like Pass and Acrobat in theory but haven't found a whole lot of use for them in practice. I also like Shadowgift a lot, but it's too limited.

I haven't used a bunch of the skills because I've only done one playthrough so far and stopped playing it over a month ago, but here are the ones I like equipping:

Astra and Aether because I Iove watching my unit hit someone a bunch of times to destroy them. Renewal and Res+10 for survivability. Deliverer for the big move.

Rally Spectrum - I love me some good rally boosts.

Sol - Enemy phase healing is nice, 'specially on Lunatic.

Armsthrift - Unbreakable Helswath (and other A rank weapons)? Hell yes.

Lucky Seven - Most maps don't take more than 7 turns, so it's basically a free +20 Hit/Avoid.

All the breakers - +50 Hit/Avoid is always welcome. Tomebreaker is probably the most useful in general.

I like Pass and Acrobat in theory but haven't found a whole lot of use for them in practice. I also like Shadowgift a lot, but it's too limited.

Seeing the breakers reminds me that I love Iote's Shield because it means happy flying (even if I haven't used it in this game, I have loved slapping similar stuff on pegasi in other games and saying bye bye to their problems with arrows).

Movement +1: Free movement is always cool

Rally Movement: More movement yaaay

Deliverer: More movement yaaaaay

Acrobat: Seeing a Dark Knight gallop across entire mountains like it was a flat road is pretty awesome

Pass: Acrobat for enemy spaces. Always fun to run right in between a swarm of enemies, end my turn, and see all the enemies dead on my next player phase.

On my current playthrough, anyone who could become a Thief did become a Thief. Then stayed in that class line until they had both Acrobat and Pass.

There are quite a few skills I like, but 3 of my top five are banned by the OP. >> I guess I'll think of others...

1) Iote's Shield. THIS alone has redeemed Fliers in my eyes. I never used them before today because arrows would always kill them and it was annoying to train them now. Now that I have Iote's Shield, I actually decided to give Sumia and Cynthia a fair shake, and now they're both one of my best units.

2) Paragon. Bringing my way to victory for the win. This combined with Exponential Growth and the skill mentioned in the OP, and leveling up and grinding is a walk in the park in no time at all. It's nice since I like relcassing a lot.

3) All Stats + 2. I think this skill is rather underrated. For skill activation, a +2 plus whatever skill boost your Paired Up partner gives you never hurts at all. Certainly there are better skills to use, but I still think All-Stats +2 is nice.

4) Ignis. One of the neatest skills ever, and them flower petals are so pretty.

5) Movement +1. More movement is always nice.

Honorable mentions: Lethality, Armsthrift, Sol, Luna, Aether, Rally Spectrum, Axe/Lance/Tome/Bow/Sword-faire, Axe/Lance/Tome/Bow/Sword-breaker, Deliverer, Pass, Arcobat, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Rightful King.

Aether lost it's cool animation from FE9 here so meh

Also godamn you guys and your DLC skills Europe only has Stats +2 ;_;

Anyway:

5. You know what's cool? Any regenerative spell. Combine them? Even better. Renewal, Lifetaker and Sol take the joint prize here.

4. Luna. Activates far more than measly Aether and also makes Generals and Great Knights cry without need for an Armourslayer.

3. Deliverer is amazing. Just walk around with a 10 movement Griffon Rider and an 8 Move Manakete Nah and you're set to be a coward forever (which is why I passed it down to Yarne too :D)

2. Armsthrift = Legendary Weapons Living Forever. This is a skill that I will hug everytime I see it

1. Astra yaaaay 5 hits on your enemy with possible crits aswell and it even looks kinda cool and it's learned by my favorite class

5) Armsthrift

4) Deliverer

3) Pass

2) Ignis

DO NOT MENTION!!!

Galeforce

Veteran

Limit Breaker

You can't stop me. >:|

1) GALEFORCE

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker