Why can't paladins have cooler skills

They are already the best class for almost 12 game straight and is still one of the best class here, especially considering that manly +2 STR, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, and +2 DEF Pair Up Bonus

And their class tree involves getting Great Knight with Luna and Dual Guard+, the best(or second best) Offensive Procs in the game, and the second best support skill in the game, which means having Cavalier in your base class sets is an equivalent of hitting a jackpot

Tell me how that is not good. Anything more seems overkill, to be honest

Edited by JSND

They are already the best class for almost 12 game straight and is still one of the best class here, especially considering that manly +2 STR, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, and +2 DEF Pair Up Bonus

And their class tree involves getting Great Knight with Luna and Dual Guard+

Tell me how that is not good. Seems overkill, to be honest

Oh I know that the class is awesome, but i seriously wish they had a good skill

And their class tree involves getting Great Knight with Luna and Dual Guard+, the best(or second best) Offensive Procs in the game, and the second best support skill in the game, which means having Cavalier in your base class sets is an equivalent of hitting a jackpot

Tell me how that is not good. Anything more seems overkill, to be honest

FE10, FE12? (also technically FE11 is a Caeda romp so....)

more like paladins have faded out as of late, in this game paladins get beat out again (that's 3 out of the last 4)

I think paladins are a really good class in this game

more like paladins have faded out as of late, in this game paladins get beat out again (that's 3 out of the last 4)

What...? I think that Aegis and not getting your HP cratered by magic are better than making Dual Guards SLIGHTLY more reliable. Unless you mean something else entirely...

Edited by Levant Fortner

What...? I think that Aegis and not getting your HP cratered by magic are better than making Dual Guards SLIGHTLY more reliable. Unless you mean something else entirely...

yes, I mean compared to classes other than Great Knight (i.e. Grandmaster, Sorceror, Dark Flier, etc.)

and of course, in FE10 non-Titania paladins sucked and FE12 was the Avatar+pegasus knight show

Edited by shadykid

Paladins should have Sol. Just saiyan. :P:

Aegis is a great skill. Defender is ok but not all that, so i agree that their level 5 mastery could have been cooler.

Paladins should have Sol. Just saiyan. :P:

Aegis is a great skill. Defender is ok but not all that, so i agree that their level 5 mastery could have been cooler.

Yeah I dont get why they switched sol to heroes

Yeah I dont get why they switched sol to heroes

dat hero swag

alternatively, Gregor/Inigo/Severa are far better than Sully/Stahl and they deserve it more

i mean really, Gregor wins this by himself

Defender, while not amazing, is still good and thematic, and Aegis is pretty good. On top of those, Paladin is just a good class in general.

I don't see the problem.

yeah honestly, they're not the best class (whew) but they're still relatively good

i mean seriously, look at how many classes are garbage

the expected damage sustained with Dual Guard+ as your ability scales as c*(0.9 - g), where c is some constant and g is your Dual Guard rate before Dual Guard+. the expected damage sustained with Aegis scales as c*(1-Skl/200)*(1-g), where c is the same constant.

for modest values of Skl, Dual Guard+ is preferable. suppose a unit has 30 Skl and 20% DG rate before DG+. with Aegis, you sustain c*0.85*0.8 = 0.68c damage, while with DG+, you sustain 0.7c damage. however, the difference is not large enough to justify the fact that DG+ also works against physical attacks.

the expected damage sustained with Dual Guard+ as your ability scales as c*(0.9 - g), where c is some constant and g is your Dual Guard rate before Dual Guard+. the expected damage sustained with Aegis scales as c*(1-Skl/200)*(1-g), where c is the same constant.

for modest values of Skl, Dual Guard+ is preferable. suppose a unit has 30 Skl and 20% DG rate before DG+. with Aegis, you sustain c*0.85*0.8 = 0.68c damage, while with DG+, you sustain 0.7c damage. however, the difference is not large enough to justify the fact that DG+ also works against physical attacks.

too much math

although I suppose in a way you're right

totally off topic, but it's a shame Anna didn't swap out Rightful God/Aether (what a waste) for Hawkeye/Luna+ (Luna+ can be switched with something else i guess)

Guilty, defender is a lacking skill, I would switch aegis to level five and defender to fifteen any day. Paladins themselves are one of my favorite classes, the lack of armor weakness and lack of flying weakness on a beast-weakness unit is something I really like. Plus jousting at stuff makes me feel like a BA, whatever works for you. The sacrifice in magic they have, although ruining Levin swords, adds to their strength and resistance to make for a strong contender, just replace the Levin sword with a spear and you're good as new. All in all, I love paladins, as far as to leave my one avatar's final resting class as a paladin.

Sorry to derail the topic here but what is so good about sorcerers? Nosfertank? Is that really all?

Edited by SpikyRtG

Guilty, defender is a lacking skill, I would switch aegis to level five and defender to fifteen any day. Paladins themselves are one of my favorite classes, the lack of armor weakness and lack of flying weakness on a beast-weakness unit is something I really like. Plus jousting at stuff makes me feel like a BA, whatever works for you. The sacrifice in magic they have, although ruining Levin swords, adds to their strength and resistance to make for a strong contender, just replace the Levin sword with a spear and you're good as new. All in all, I love paladins, as far as to leave my one avatar's final resting class as a paladin.

Sorry to derail the topic here but what is so good about sorcerers? Nosfertank? Is that really all?

Waste>Celica's Gale if you have the accuracy+aren't facing fliers

also they're tanky even without Aversa's Night/Nosferatu

finally, Advance Wars (aka Mire) is always fun