I thought morphs were genderless... Then it hit me.

MidnightShade

So, for the longest time, I just assumed that Morphs were genderless, (mainly because of people on these forums saying they were), but then it hit me: if they are genderless, how did Sonia seduce Brendan Reed of the black Fang? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'd notice if there was absolutely nothing there. Did you guys think they were genderless as well?

Edited by MidnightShade

Because love has no gender, etc etc.

Lol. Still, seducing implies that she sexually convinced him to do things.

I don't think all morphs are really genderless (Sonia pretty obviously has female sex characteristics lol and I would think Uhai's morph would still be male for instance). Limstella is supposed to be genderless I believe and maybe a few others like Denning are as well.

I wonder if the whole genderless thing was done to be P.C. and to insinuate that Nergal couldn't have a harem if he wanted it. Also, I've always assumed, (<----- my profile pic for example, xD), that Limstella was fully female. Guess my early teen attraction back in 2009 when I played FE7 for the first time tricked me. lol

Edited by MidnightShade

Limstella and Ephidel are genderless because they are "perfect morphs". Sonia is clearly made female.

As for the ones created from ancient humans, they keeps their gender.

Oh, alright. well, that clears that up I guess. Not sure why I was confused on that, but oh well.

Edited by MidnightShade

It's in the "Fire Emblem Characters" book (I just looked it up). But those people really didn't pay attention while making it, oddly enough. Apparently they got several other things wrong, e.g. they thought Sonia was human and not a morph, things like that. I suppose it's still open for debate then? And for some reason I'd forgotten that Limstella was degrading in the final chapter she was in. For a perfect Morph, she sure had alot of flaws.

Edited by MidnightShade

Didn't Sonia think she was a normal human? I think she would've noticed if she was genderless.

Maybe she was innocent and didn't know? *pauses for a second* Nope, she definitely wasn't. xD i mean, just look how she's posing here! :P : Sonia.%28Fire.Emblem%29.full.1103980.jpg

Edited by MidnightShade

I really don't think that any sort of sexual organs factored into his decision.

Brendan Reed is the guy who married a person, he didn't even trust.

Brendan Reed is the guy who keeps the location of his hideout a secret to one of his family's most trusted friends. (Legault)

Brendan Reed is the guy who leads an organization with the mission to kill corrupt nobles, yet actually allowed Pascal, a guy who killed commoners for the lulz into his organization.

When that guy kept killing for fun, Brendan Reed merely looked the guy up. ...In an organization that already kills people for merely failing their mission.

I therefore conclude that if Brendan Reed would not have married Sonia, he would probably have ended up marrying a stuffed teddy or a teacup or something.

Edited by BrightBow

I really don't think that any sort of sexual organs factored into his decision.

Brendan Reed is the guy who married a person, he didn't even trust.

Brendan Reed is the guy who keeps the location of his hideout a secret to one of his family's most trusted friends. (Legault)

Brendan Reed is the guy who leads an organization with the mission to kill corrupt nobles, yet actually allowed Pascal, a guy who killed commoners for the lulz into his organization.

When that guy kept killing for fun, Brendan Reed merely looked the guy up. ...In an organization that already kills people for merely failing their mission.

I therefore conclude that if Brendan Reed would not have married Sonia, he would probably have ended up marrying a stuffed teddy or a teacup or something.

Actually, He trusted her, he even said that I think. I assume Pascal was allowed in because of his skill. maybe even Sonia had something to do with that as well. And I don't think the Black Fang killed it's failures before Sonia/ Nergal entered the scene. And by the time of FE7, the majority of the Black Fang were morphs anyway. Brendan was honorable, somewhat overtrusting for an assassin, but he wasn't insane. In theory. :P

as a reference: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Brendan

Edited by MidnightShade

Maybe she was innocent and didn't know? *pauses for a second* Nope, she definitely wasn't. xD

I think I saw it in the first visit at the Dread Isle. Limstella and Ephidel represents the perfectcreation, wothout emotion, nor gender. Perfects puppets.

By all means, it could have been added in the French Translation.

They looks ambiguous enough, so that we can have doubt about it, for sure

I finds that it fits Limstella better to be genderless, personnally.

Sonia was made specifically to seduce and control Brendan, so Nergal gives her all the necessary attributes.

So, I'll said that it depends of their purposes; and that, for all purposes, the majority are genderless, because they don't needs it.

Edited by TendaSlime

I think I saw it in the first visiyt at the dread Isle. Limstella and Ephidel represents the perfectcreation, wothout emotion, nor gender. Perfects puppets.

By all means, it could have been added in the French Translation.

They looks ambiguous enough, so that we can have doubt about it, for sure

I finds that it fits Limstella better to be genderless, personnally.

Sonia was made specifically to seduce and control Brendan, so Nergal gives her all the necessary attributes.

So, I'll said that it depends of their purposes; and that, for all purposes, the majority are genderless, because they don't needs it.

Good point. I suppose that's it then. Though the thought of Nergal handcrafting every aspect of each character is now somewhat disturbing. And the fact that I never realized this when I was younger and slightly attracted to the character design of Limstella disturbs me even more. :P

Edited by MidnightShade

Actually, He trusted her, he even said that I think. I assume Pascal was allowed in because of his skill. maybe even Sonia had something to do with that as well. And I don't think the Black Fang killed it's failures before Sonia/ Nergal entered the scene. And by the time of FE7, the majority of the Black Fang were morphs anyway. Brendan was honorable, somewhat overtrusting for an assassin, but he wasn't insane. In theory. :P

as a reference: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Brendan

No he didn't trust her.

Jan says at the end of E26x that Brendan "never trusted her fully" and had spies research her past.

But apparently he couldn't wait to marry until that was done. That behavior makes no sense.

No he didn't trust her.

Jan says at the end of E26x that Brendan "never trusted her fully" and had spies research her past.

But apparently he couldn't wait to marry until that was done. That behavior makes no sense.

I think he was "looking for love in all the wrong places". xD I think that's more bad writing then anything else there. Or perhaps, "Uncle Jan", who pretty much defines minor character, was trying to draw attention away from his cowardice? In any event, I doubt he mistrusted her at the start. He most likely grew suspicious as time wore on, I assume.

Edited by MidnightShade

I think he was "looking for love in all the wrong places". xD I think that's more bad writing then anything else there. Or perhaps, "Uncle Jan", who pretty much defines minor character, was trying to draw attention away from his cowardice? In any event, I doubt he mistrusted her at the start. He most likely grew suspicious as time wore on, I assume.

Jan had a pendant for Nino that belonged to her family. So the research was for real. Plus, he is rather open about his own cowardice.

But yeah, I guess he did research her later on.

Anyway, chances are Sonia was simply designed with a female body and an expressive personality specifically for stuff like this. Not sure who could possibly trust her face, though.

Nergal would do stuff like that, though. He even made a Morph that existed for he sole purpose of repeating the same line over and over.

Edited by BrightBow

Jan had a pendant for Nino that belonged to her family. So the research was for real. Plus, he is rather open about his own cowardice.

But yeah, I guess he did research her later on.

Anyway, chances are Sonia was simply designed with a female body and an expressive personality specifically for stuff like this.

Heck, Nergal had a Morph that existed for he sole purpose of repeating the same line over and over.

Not sure who could possibly trust her face, though.

I'm sure Brendan wasn't looking at her face, probably more at her... well, anyway, I think that

Denning proves Tenda's theory that morphs only have something if they need it for their mission. What I mean by that is this: Denning didn't need anything other then that one line of text.

Edited by MidnightShade

I think Brendan Reed would be very suspicious pretty sharpish if Sonia had no V to attend to his D.

And I thought it was pretty obvious she was supplying his man needs.

Just Saying.

Yeah. that's what sparked this topic. Since alot of people had told me that morphs were all genderless, I remembered Sonia and just was wondering about her.

It might be that Sonia, along with the characters you face in Light, were at one point humans who were converted by Nergal into morphs through their stolen quintessence, whereas morphs like Kishuna, Denning, Ephidel, and Limstella are "originals". After all, Sonia has no idea that she's a morph unlike all the others. However, the game doesn't really divulge any backstory on Sonia other than the fact that she killed Nino's family and then somehow integrated into the Black Fang.

I think Brendan Reed would be very suspicious pretty sharpish if Sonia had no V to attend to his D.

And I thought it was pretty obvious she was supplying his man needs.

Just Saying.

You're right.

I thought this made it pretty obvious that Sonia had to be anatomically correct

Though technically genderless, they do get referred to by whatever gender they appear to be (Source).

I am probably way off but I thought it was stated somewhere that Guinevere was Sonia's and Desmond's biological daughter? Which would kind of necessitate her being female.

To be honest, I thought Limstella was the only Morph stated to be genderless.