Defeating FE3 Without Starlight and The Falchion

Randoman

How easy/feasible is it, defeating FE3 Book 1 without getting Starlight and the Falchion? (It's not possible in FE3 Book 2 if I recall since Gharnef is on a throne and its unseizable as long as he's on it) I know a lot of people really like the Star Orb bonus, and I'm curious as to how many people defeated the game keeping it.

The 2 main difficult parts would be Gharnef and Medeus. Gharnef would have to be baited away with someone with high resistance. Medeus, I don't even know if there's an easier way to defeat him without Falchion besides Parthia/Miracle Sword/Gradivus + Star Orb + Light Orb. How much damage would Medeus take from those weapons with someone with maxed out strength?

If I recall, in FE3 Book 1, Bantu and Tiki have effective damage against Medeus. Since Manaketes are OP in said game. They would probably be the best choices.

If I recall, in FE3 Book 1, Bantu and Tiki have effective damage against Medeus. Since Manaketes are OP in said game. They would probably be the best choices.

I don't think Bantu does, he can't use Tiki's Divine Stone.

EDIT: Bantu can certainly help elsewhere though, if you want to clear a path to Medeus.

Edited by Aversa

I don't think Bantu does, he can't use Tiki's Divine Stone.

EDIT: Bantu can certainly help elsewhere though, if you want to clear a path to Medeus.

Oh right my bad. Thanks for the correction.

It's really kind of simple. Just move around Gharnef! You can't hurt him, but he's actually not that scary. He's a nuisance more than anything.

Medeus is a piece cake. Use max strength characters with high mt weapons. (Devil Sword, Partia, Mercurius, Gradius). There is a secret shop the chapter before if your team has strength issues, but you should be okay with a few guys with 18+ mt. You can also trade weapons around characters if you're short of a certain type.

Edited by SRC

FE3 book 2 Gharnef moves when in range of an ally. Leaving the throne open.

huh just like FE12 then

can't kill FE12 Lunatic Medeus without Marth unless you're willing to rig an Aura crit from somebody though

Edited by shadykid

Also, Tiki's divine stone in FE 3 Book1, doesn't do effective damage against earth dragons, since she actually uses ice breath instead of holy breath.