Favourite Classes for Specific Characters

Kirie

I'll admit it: reclassing kind of scares me. Just too many options, and it's so untraditional, and then their avatars don't make sense! Also I am just stubborn and reclassing is new.

So, my first Awakening playthrough, I didn't reclass a single person, not one. Everyone leveled up to 20 and then got a Master Seal and then leveled up to 20 again.

This playthrough, my second, I'm experimenting... a bit. I thought I would use Frederick, but I felt weird having a person promoted so early, so I Second Sealed him into Wyvern RIder. And then I panicked and Second Sealed him to Cavalier as soon as he hit L10. >_> Then he'll become a Great Knight again. I know, I'm terrible.

I want to do another playthrough after this one and do some more experimenting. Maybe even... a lot of experimenting? But I need some help and ideas because if I just run into it blindly, I'm going to screw myself and panic and no one will have any fun.

So, that's what this thread is for. I'd like you to tell me your favourite classes for some characters, to give me some ideas on what to do when I get to the point where I can start reclassing people. Maybe I will even reclass everyone?! The possibilities are endless!

I assume this topic is aboout our personal preference class on each person.

Libra is the only character who doesn't reclass at all. I want him to stay as War Monk, not going anywhere else.

Also, I prefer Henry as a Dark Knight than Sorc. And Sumia as Dark Flier.

Edited by Noire

I like reclassing Vaike into a barbarian, because he's the main one who can become it.

I generally like to keep at least one similar weapon between the class, and it reclass option (Donnel is the exception, of course)

Well, I prefer them with something related to their original class (like Noire into Bow Knight, Sully into Paladin, ...), the only ones I have with a class that has nothing to do with their original clasess, are: Cynthia, Gerome and Gaius, I change them into something new, AKA, DLC classes. Gaius and Gerome are Dread Fighters, because they look cool, and Gerome can use the Mag stat that Henry gave him and he still can use an axe, so I think is the perfect class for him... And Cynthia as a Bride because... I don't know, it was random... I used a coin and she won the bouquet Lol

Its usually classes that near or similar to their original classes. Like Lon'qu become sordmaster, or Miriel become Sage. Pretty standard I guess.
The character portrait really have a great effect on my choices too. That's why it kinda irks me when I have to grind Stahl to get vantage as myrmidon.

Great Knight Sully.

Axes and pants. Two of my favourite things ever. Sully's GK model alone escapes the horribleness of the femGK battlepanties. Paladin doesn't.

Dread Fighter Owain because he makes good use of both physical and magic.

Berzerker Basilio because I like zerks more :B

Because of my reclassing & final classes, I think of Virion on a griffon, Cordelia as a sword-wielding infantry, Morgan as a healer, and I see Chrom, Lucina and Owain on a horse. Everyone else I kept in similar classes. Also, I kept forgetting that my female Morgan was female x_x ...I shouldn't have given her an axe.

Avatar (+skill, -luck): Typically I go with my supreme grandmaster build when playing-- aegis, aggressor, ignis, sol, and (lb) whatever else you want to add. However, that's just what I do for building a guy who could solo the final boss on hard and pair up with Chrom to beat it on Lunatic (no support bonuses). However, for a limited play through with a female MU, I'd suggest reclassing into Mercenary, promote into Hero, get that sol, get that axebreaker-- then reclass into grandmaster. You'd end up with something like: Solidarity, Sol, Axebreaker, Ignis, Rally Spectrum. thought I was gonna put in armsthrift? pffft. no. but it's a good option late game. But honestly, if I were to try to get a unit that could wreck havoc on most anything-- I'd say have a female Sorceress with +mag: Tomefaire, Luna, Astra, Dual Support+ (exchangeable with armsthrift), and Galeforce. May just be me, but it makes sense for her to have DS+ imo.

Chrom: Typically he only needs a single promotion and a single reclass-- promote into great lord and then reclass into great knight. Give him Rightful King, Luna, Aether, Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+ and you've got yourself an epic support unit.

Lissa: I tend to reclass into Troubador promote into Valkyrie and reclass into Sage. It's hit or miss if she actually reaches sage before the game ends, but I love Dual Support+ as a skill and rally resistance really comes in handy if you're playing on higher difficulties. She'd probably end up looking like: Miracle, Demoiselle, Tomefaire, Dual Support+, Healtouch

Fredrick: O my combat butler! Really, he benefits from second sealing into Paladin and Griffon Rider. Paladin gets him Defender (not really that great) and Aegis (which is why you go into Paladin to begin with) not to mention Paladin goes hand in hand with Griffon Rider. Carrier + Defender is one of those pairings that just make sense and allow for epic mobility and boosted stats while he's the main unit. Not to mention breaker skills are always nice. In the end, he'll look something like: Luna, Aegis, Defender, Carrier, Lancebreaker

Sully: Definitely the Great Knight of the Red/Green Knights (There hasn't been a run through I haven't paired her with Stahl). She benefits from reclassing into Myrmidon early and promoting into Swordmaster-- reclass into Great Knight and watch heads roll. Luna, Swordfaire, Vantage, Astra, Dual Guard +

Stahl: The Green Knight of the pair, the panther strikes and strikes hard! He'd usually be the Paladin, but sense has him go Great Knight for his promotion before reclassing into a swordmaster. If possible reclass back into Paladin, but it usually takes a bit of work. At his best he looks: Luna, Dual Guard+, Astra, Swordfaire, Aegis

Vaike: Teach's pretty awesome, I typically put him through Hero before going Warrior. He winds up at HP+5, Zeal, Sol, Axebreaker, Counter... with a bit of work.

Lon'qu: Not one of my favorite units, He probably benefits most from being promoted into Swordmaster before being reclassed as an Assassin. Vantage, Avoid +10 (pass), Swordfaire, Astra, Lethality.

These are just a few ideas to get you started with two or three seals used apiece. While not necessary in normal or hard, it becomes absolutely vital in lunatic to come up with strong skill sets that'll help give your units survivability.

Edited by Raine

I don't use a lot of the adult characters actually, but I tend to just do whatever. Right now Cynthia is a General but I want Pavise, lol. Another strange one is Nowi as a Griffon Rider and Nah as a Wyvern Lord. She has Lancefaire and the +5 str lance with 50 luck armsthrift... so it seems pointless to change her to a Manakete. I don't know, haha.

Well since someone mentioned MU up there, for my MU I like to go one of the heavy-hitting tanky axe classes like GK or Wyvern Lord (+Str - Res) but I always go through Hero first to pick up Sol. Building axe rank there doesn't hurt either.

Lissa is so good as a Sage. Her high magic can be used offensively and for emergency healing. I've gone level 10 Cleric > level 10 Pegknight > level 15 Dark Flier > Sage and it was pretty doable but if you don't wanna grind so much it might be better to go level 10 Cleric > level 15 War Cleric > Sage. Dark Flier gets Galeforce and War Cleric gets Renewal, both awesome skills to pick up on the way to Sage.

I think having Sully go level 10 Cavalier > level 10 Wyvern > level 15 Wyvern Lord > Paladin is pretty doable by endgame. Myrmidon is nice on her too instead of Wyvern if you're so inclined, but I love flying and axes.

I don't really have a set path I prefer for many others but off the top of my head, Cordelia makes a good Hero, Sumia as a General for the lulz, Cherche as War Cleric, Lon'qu as Assassin...

Really a big part of what makes Awakening fun is experimenting with classes. You can always change characters back to their original class tree after grabbing skills so go nuts.

I also like making Cordelia or Sumia Brides because they get a pretty dress and are good with lances :D And Owain and Brady are good Dread Fighters together.

Edited by Owain Dark

Aside from my Avatar who's final class is dread fighter (magial hero ftw) I always have characters end in a promoted version of their base class that suits them best after I get all the skills I want for them. EX: Cordelia will go from Peg knight to Mercenary (for armsthrift), to Hero (for Sol and Axebreaker), to Dark Flier (Only if I feel like getting galeforce for the lulz) and finish as a Falcon Knight, or how Lon'qu will go from Myrmidon to Assasin (lethality for the lulz) to Griffon Knight (for lance breaker) to Wyvern Lord (for sword breaker) and finish as a Sword Master.

Playing through the game again made me remember how much I adore Henry's Dark Mage outfit. 8U I don't want to promote him OR reclass him now.

I like to go Dark Mage -> Sorcerer for Avatar.

I also like going Sorcerer for any character that can do it (and benefit from it). Everyone who can are also going at least one time through Dark Knight (and I find that Gangrel in particular looks rad in the Dark Knight outfit).

Owain usually becomes a mixed class as he has the stats and skills to do it, and the class flavour (and aesthetics) suits him very well. Once it's released, I suspect I will have him stay a Dread Fighter.

As I paired up Miriel with Kellam, I might make Laurent into a Dread Fighter as well.

Hmmm... I do whatever with most units, though I don't bother reclassing Ricken and Tharja. However, I refrain from making any male units who have access to the Barbarian class tree Berserkers.

I like to pretend that Maribelle and Lissa were always sisters in arms as a pegasus knight duo. Judging by their voice clips, battle quotes, and overall personalities, there's a lot of ferocity hidden in the two of them that isn't quite communicated well as healers. Lances seem to suit their characters a lot better.

I like to pretend that Maribelle and Lissa were always sisters in arms as a pegasus knight duo. Judging by their voice clips, battle quotes, and overall personalities, there's a lot of ferocity hidden in the two of them that isn't quite communicated well as healers. Lances seem to suit their characters a lot better.

Mribelle is more an Axe person to me. But I never made her Battle Cleric...

Well, she's still a lady, and a noble at that. A graceful pegasus with a lance is more aesthetically sound for someone like Maribelle, prickly as she is at times. Lissa seems tomboyish enough to try her hand in axes.