What are the BEST marriages?

Inigo

@Ninjaofchaos: You can beat apoth with gen1, LB, and rallies because someone actually beat apoth with no LB

In that case, go with Full Galeforce set up

Typing it

MU x Nowi for starter

Stahl x Cordelia

Sumia x Henry

Edited by JSND

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I pick my pairings based more on support convos than on stats and skills, but it looks like people who are talking stats and skills pretty much got that covered anyway, so I'll just list my OTPs so far.

FrederickxFemale Avatar

Of course this is my most obvious one lol. I love Frederick to bits and he's my favorite in the game! And his support with the female Avatar is one thing that made me love him so much. I can't help but imagine her feeding Freddy all that meat in a cutesy flirty way, especially after she calls him Freddy Bear! And that nickname just gave me a cutegasm. It's the most adorable nickname I've ever seen, I swear. Then Frederick's confession also totally charmed me. His wording is so romantic and noble, and then he's the only character that gives the Avatar a kiss of any kind! He kneels and kisses her hand. Also, Freddy and the Avatar would probably build the most powerful Ylissean army ever together! I mean come on, the best knight captain and best tactician in the country commanding and training the army? Lastly, male Morgan looks the best with brown hair, imo. I figured he would, I could already picture it even before doing the support.

GaiusxMaribelle

This one is probably my second favorite pair in the game after FrederickxFemale Avatar. It tells us a great story about an event from Gaius and Maribelle's past and it's so touching. The two just look plain cute together too, imo. And it's the only one of Gaius's supports that doesn't mention candy or sweets at all, I think. lol Also, it can result in a Lethality Brady. Totally sweet. Pun intended. :D

StahlxCordelia

Two words on this pair: harp duet. It's just so daww. I can imagine it being very beautiful and Stahl picked up a harp pretty quickly! I have to admire that. And Cordelia outright says he replaced Chrom in her heart which I am proud of her for. It is not easy at all to let someone you love go from your heart, even if you already love another person as well, and I know this from experience. I relate so much to her, so I understand her better than a lot of people. This pair is supposed to result in a pretty awesome Severa too.

DonnelxLissa

Cute farm boy with cute princess! How could I resist? And Lissa giving up EVERYTHING to be with Donnel is really sweet and touching. These two were just plain adorable throughout the whole support. That is all.

Lon'quxCherche

My reasoning for this one is similar to why I like GaiusxMaribelle. An awesome story is told about events in Lon'qu and Cherche's past. We learn why Lonny is so antsy around women and Cherche cutely suggests a picnic in the A support! She helps him deal with a painful part of his past throughout the whole support too, which is just so sweet. Plus, for some reason, I like the idea of a guy like Lon'qu being Gerome's father. And dark hair looks great on this guy.

ChromxOlivia

Hot lord prince with cute sparkly pink-haired dancer? That's my kind of couple! I really like their supports too, even if it's not actually possible to read them until you can access the support log if you pair them up. I also LOVE Chrom-fathered blue-haired Inigo and the idea of him being a prince and having Rightful King for a skill. Inigo looks just like Chrom too, even without blue hair, imo. And he'd have inherited his father's hotness as well. Actually, I think he's even hotter than Chrom, now that I compare the two.

HenryxSumia

I mainly pick this one because I prefer Sumia's other options with other women, but so far, I do like the support and I like the idea of an awesome Dark Flier Cynthia. White hair ought to look neat on her too.

RickenxNowi

Simply put, I can't see Ricken with anyone else except a child-build Avatar and I'm never using one of those because it would feel weird to me, especially since I'm never pairing my female Avatar with anyone but her Freddy Bear. Plus, these two ought to be pretty damn cute since they're both basically kids. ^^

And I believe that's it. I know which other pairings I'm going for for the women I haven't listed, but I haven't seen the supports yet, so they were basically leftovers. lol

Edited by Anacybele

At least not the secret path. Secret path, you need Limit Breaker and Rallies for Gen 1... I think? Because I'm sure someone might just prove me wrong.

Limit Breaker on gen1 is still a gen1, there's plenty of Gen1 units who can rally well, and hell if you really want optimal rally set up go grab a spotpass character they're like extra MUs who can't support

I mean it'd be harder to beat than using a team of max-galeforce kids but I wouldn't say it's impossible either

I believe there's 5-6 gen1 galeforce users depending on F/M MU? So okay you can't chain galeforce on everyone but you can still galeforce

Edited by Thor Odinson

At least not the secret path. Secret path, you need Limit Breaker and Rallies for Gen 1... I think? Because I'm sure someone might just prove me wrong.

just grab all the first gen Galeforce users and begin the murder

I even had Say'ri+Tiki in my runs of Apotheosis, the importance of extra stats is really overrated (oh I should mention, this was bride Say'ri, Dark Flier or something would have been way better)

Edited by shadykid

HenryxSumia

I mainly pick this one because I prefer Sumia's other options with other women, but so far, I do like the support and I like the idea of an awesome Dark Flier Cynthia. White hair ought to look neat on her too.

I also find that it has the extra effect of making Cynthia's C Support with her mom make a lot more sense than it would otherwise.

Don't wanna spoil how on the boards, but it was one of those moments where I found it really funny after thinking about it a bit.

So. After reading all of these, this is the (finalish) list I came up with.

Tharja x Donnel

Sumia x Gaius

Chrom x Olivia

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Henry

Sully x Vaike

Nowi x Male MU (+Spd/-Luk)

Cherche x Frederick

Panne x Kellam
Miriel x Gregor
Cordelia x Stahl

Am I forgetting someone or should I change something?

Edited by Inigo

Male MU better of using +spd -LCK

That's what I've done before. Planning on grinding on Hard (Normal seems waaaaaaay too easy once you actually start grinding and I'd feel bad.)

but it looks like people who are talking stats and skills pretty much got that covered anyway, so I'll just list my OTPs so far.

You DO know the stats and skills part was the point of this thread, right? So I don't see the point of the latter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I personally did +Str/-Lck in my initial Double Dragon file. Basically ends up as a slightly faster Kellam!Nah except with 2 more strength with only 1 less defense in exchange. And Galeforce. And Vantage/Sol. And Pavise/Aegis. And I got two of them. And that's great.

Harder stuff might have +Speed be better, though, so I might go with that.

Edited by HeoandReo

You DO know the stats and skills part was the point of this thread, right? So I don't see the point of the latter.

The title and OP are just asking best marriages, not best marriages statwise. :/

Edited by Anacybele

The title and OP are just asking best marriages, not best marriages statwise. :/

hey for once this is actually correct

....nvm you're still off

anyway even without spotpass characters, turning your avatar into a rallybot is viable

Edited by shadykid

The title just says best marriages, not best marriages statwise. :/

If you read the post, you would realize what they meant.

The fact that he said "Apotheosis" meant he's going for stats and skills. Come on, now.

This is JUST like what you did in the "Sumia is underrated" thread where your justifications are all your personal experience without actual substance to what you say.

And don't use the "oh no, I play normal mode, not everyone plays so hardcore". You should actually learn to decipher what the thread is about instead of just saying "OH I SEE A TITLE, I'LL POST MY OTPs".

Edit: I will refrain from responding to your justifications. It's just not worth it. I'm not gonna derail this topic for that any more than I already have by snapping at you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I did read the first post...

But whatever.

EDIT: Oh, my apologies. Just ignore my first post then. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Galeforce set up

The aim is to maximize Galeforce activation rate through powerful offense. Speed and Luna distribution is the gold standard of this set up.

MU: +spd - lck

Chrom x Olivia

- Reason why: Luna Inigo with speed. Lucina is fine either way so its not worth discussing

Stahl x Severa

- Reason why: Speedy Luna for the future

MU x Nowi

- Reason why: the only way to give Luna to a Galeforce Nah. Morgan is Nah clone, which means Galeforce and Luna more

Gaius/Donnel x Tharja

- Reason why: Luna and Galeforce yet again, and a capability to go Sorcerer to go with it should you run Donnel

To put simply

Donnel - Noire can go Sorcerer better

Gaius - SPD mods

Ricken x Lissa

- Reason why: Faster than Frederick, and Luna for Owain is made of win.

Lon'qu x Maribelle

- Reason why: Lon'qu gives speed for Brady, and Assassin for some versatility boost.

Sumia x Henry

- Reason why: Frederick kills Cynthia's speed, and Henry is otherwise not needed by everybody else

Donnel/Vaike/Gaius x Sully

- Gaius gives you more Dark Flier to play with, however Vaike x Sully has some decent utility to play with. Donnel is here for Gaius placeholder should Tharja used Gaius

Donnel

- Mods did not conflict with Sully's womanseed

Vaike

- Utility of 46 speed Hero, and good general mods

Gaius

- More speed

Frederick x Cherche

- Reason Why: This pairing is awesome because Frederick recited Sheeda's speech in their A support. However, this gives Pavise and Aegis for Gerome to play with, alongside Dual Guard+. I know this, i hipstered/popularized this shit over gamefaqs

Kellam x Panne

- Reason Why: Throwaway pairing. Dual Guard+. Virion is a decent Alternative since it gives Sage for Yarne

Gregor x Miriel

- Gregor gives Vantage, Armthrift. All in all, this is used because Laurent lacks Galeforce, and thus you simply aims for the best Laurent, which is Nosfertank Laurent

Alternative routes:

WIth the same set up you can go

Vaike x Cordelia

- speed and still having Luna

Stahl x Panne

- Paladin Yarne

Gaius x Tharja

Donnel x Sully

This alternative offers the absolute optimization for Galeforce focused set up, in my opinion, while the default version seeks to have ballance beetwen Galeforce abuser and Tanky Main Unit, in form of Donnel x Tharja, Stahl x Cordelia, and Vaike/Donnel x Kjelle

Alternative number 2 runs:

Frederick x Cordelia

Frederick!Severa is unbelievably good as a NosferTank

Stahl x Cherche

As Heo puts it, the good pairing that nobody knows about. Myrmiddon and Paladin for Gerome is Pro

Edited by JSND