What are the BEST marriages?

Inigo

Figure I'll post what I'm currently working towards, since I don't want to spam up the forum with "rate my team" threads or the such. Main goal is the Apotheosis, but just in general "end/post game". In a way, I suppose I'm looking for affirmation that I'm not overlooking a great pairing (like I had been with Cordelia and Cherche before, apparently) or if something I planned could be done better with a different pairing, etc.

Chrom x Avatar - Pretty standard, I know, but it works. I always like Morgan to have a royal inheritance, so I pair the Avatar up with either Chrom, Lucina, or Chrom's son in every play through I've done so far.

Lissa x Gregor - Don't really like Gregor as Owain's father, since he doesn't really bring that much in terms of stats or classes. The main reason, however, is for Armsthrift. It just feels horridly wrong for Owain not to have that skill considering how he seems to treasure one's weapon as a partner rather than a tool (see his support with Lucina and Severa). The only other option for this is Donnel, who doesn't bring much else in the way of classes, and has worse stat bonuses. I've considered pairing Lissa with Libra, since this would give access to Sorcerer and blond hair, but as said before, it feels wrong not to have Armsthrift.

Olivia x Libra - Since Olivia would likely be in my final team, being the only dancer, I figured it'd be a good idea to give Inigo a high priority in terms of genetics. This grants Vengeance, as well as Miracle and Renewal if I wanted them. While his final class would likely end up being Berserker, the option to go Sorcerer is nice. As it stands, if I switched Owain's father to Libra, I'd probably switch Inigo's father to Virion, but that obviously isn't set in stone.

Maribelle x Virion - This was a case of "pair the spares". I don't like Brady at all, but I also don't want to completely ignore him. I decided to make him a healer, likely a Sage. Virion does not grant much for that, but it does grant him a respectable 45 speed. It's not so much so he can double, but so that he doesn't have to risk being doubled himself. Gaius is an alternative father, if I either end up not wanting this pairing or decide to change Owain's father to Libra.

Sully x Donnel - Not much to say about this pairing, as I believe it to be rather standard. Donnel just gives Kjelle what she needs.

Sumia x Henry - This is my favorite pairing in the whole game, so it's the only one that I use in every play through. I love their supports, love how Cynthia looks with silver hair, and love the class selections she gets. Everything about this just feels right.

Cordelia x Stahl - My order of child importance in planning parents is Morgan > Lucina > Severa > Inigo > the rest, so I put a lot of importance on this choice. After pairing Cordelia with Vaike for my last two play throughs, it was brought to my attention how good Severa would be with a Myrmidon's skill set. Stahl, I feel, makes her similar to a Vaike-fathered Severa while granting better skills and hitting 45 speed. Lon'qu would be a good choice too, but his strength is lower than I prefer, but her with black hair is nice. Gregor would've granted the best looking hair, but outside of that he'd be worthless. Gaius's hair just doesn't look right at all, but otherwise is similar to Lon'qu, putting him lower in the rankings.

Cherche x Frederick - So, apparently this has become a common pairing? I usually pair Frederick with Nowi to make a super tanky Nah with Aegis and Pavise, but I realized that Gerome can do that almost as well without a dragon weakness. Another nice bonus is that he gets Miracle if I so desire. Just seemed like he accomplished what I wanted with Frederick as a father better than Nah.

Panne x Lon'qu - Don't really care for Yarne (though his supports with female Morgan are adorable), but with Lon'qu as a father he makes an amazing Wyvern Lord. High stats all around, including hitting what I understand is a rather vital speed of 45.

Miriel x Kellam - Another "pair the spares" pairing. Laurent is another I don't care about, so I figured I could make good use of him as a healer. I don't recall which class of healer I was going to use, but a Miracle healer with a bit more bulk is always good.

Tharja x Ricken - Another sort of "pair the spares". I don't hate Noire, but I don't like her as much as I thought I would. This pairing feels like she could either be a glass cannon Sorcerer or, as I think I'll end up using her, a healer. I believe she'd make a good Bride healer or Sage healer with this pairing.

Nowi x Vaike - Beefy general with Armsthrift, Luna, Sol, and Dual Guard as options. What's not to love?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to pass down Axefaire instead.

Which would be a waste unless you planned on using Cynthia as either a War Cleric, General or Great Knight.

Incidentally, this is why in terms of inheritance, I generally don't care much for male exclusive skills - most of them are not very useful.

Which would be a waste unless you planned on using Cynthia as either a War Cleric, General or Great Knight.

Incidentally, this is why in terms of inheritance, I generally don't care much for male exclusive skills - most of them are not very useful.

I figured it'd be nice to have the option. Everything else Cynthia can get herself, so might as well pass down something she won't get.

Lissa x Gregor - Don't really like Gregor as Owain's father, since he doesn't really bring that much in terms of stats or classes. The main reason, however, is for Armsthrift. It just feels horridly wrong for Owain not to have that skill considering how he seems to treasure one's weapon as a partner rather than a tool (see his support with Lucina and Severa). The only other option for this is Donnel, who doesn't bring much else in the way of classes, and has worse stat bonuses. I've considered pairing Lissa with Libra, since this would give access to Sorcerer and blond hair, but as said before, it feels wrong not to have Armsthrift.

Maribelle x Virion - This was a case of "pair the spares". I don't like Brady at all, but I also don't want to completely ignore him. I decided to make him a healer, likely a Sage. Virion does not grant much for that, but it does grant him a respectable 45 speed. It's not so much so he can double, but so that he doesn't have to risk being doubled himself. Gaius is an alternative father, if I either end up not wanting this pairing or decide to change Owain's father to Libra.

Panne x Lon'qu - Don't really care for Yarne (though his supports with female Morgan are adorable), but with Lon'qu as a father he makes an amazing Wyvern Lord. High stats all around, including hitting what I understand is a rather vital speed of 45.

Miriel x Kellam - Another "pair the spares" pairing. Laurent is another I don't care about, so I figured I could make good use of him as a healer. I don't recall which class of healer I was going to use, but a Miracle healer with a bit more bulk is always good.

Tharja x Ricken - Another sort of "pair the spares". I don't hate Noire, but I don't like her as much as I thought I would. This pairing feels like she could either be a glass cannon Sorcerer or, as I think I'll end up using her, a healer. I believe she'd make a good Bride healer or Sage healer with this pairing.

A lot of kids want Gregor more than Owain does, (Laurent, Yarne, Gerome, Noire, Brady, Nah, and Kjelle) but since you're going for a physical Owain, it's fine. I'd probably give Donnel to him if I wanted to free up Gregor, though. Owain's a tough kid to work with because his class set screams physical but his mother's stats hold him back so much. (He never gets more than around +2 in any important physical stat)

Maribelle/Virion is uncommon, but fine. Brady likes Deliverer and is fine no matter who his dad is because he can still pull off offensive spellcaster or support well. (Galeforce, Luna, Dual Guard, Tomefaire, Aggressor)

Gaius might also be my suggestion for Miriel because Laurent loves that Vantage, but I might decide to swap husbands with Panne to end up with Panne/Gaius and Miriel/Lon'qu. Yarne grabs Vantage/Sol and Swordfaire to become a really good Hero, and Laurent gets some crazy stat mods (4 magic, 5 skill and speed) and Vantage, which is the important thing for him if he wants to do offense. He can also grab stuff like Movement+1 and Deliverer to be a good support if he needs to. If Wyvern's important to have on Yarne, though, I'd just give Gaius to Miriel.

Tharja/Ricken, contrary to your assumptions, actually results in a bulky Sorcerer, since Ricken gives her Pavise/Aegis. Loaded up with Nosferatus, she's pretty hard to kill.