Smash Bros. trailer confirmed for E3, what are your hopes?

Robinigo

'Nuff said, Eiji Aonuma tweeted it out and I'm excited. Hoping to see Chrom replace Ike (sorry Ike Fanboy/girls) and have masked Lucina replace Marth, but with the same old moveset. On the subject of aesthetic changes, maybe there could be a more vivid set of alternate costumes as opposed to just alternate colors (wario's alt costume but on a much higher level), maybe give masked Lucina an unmasked alt costume, maybe? It's all hopes, what does anyone else want to see?

Nintendo direct starts June 11th at either ten or eleven am.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth can't be replaced. Japan would go into an outrage which would culminate in World War M (for Marth) :P (but seriously he's not going anywhere). I myself am hoping for:

1. Toon Link to be shown as playable.

2. No airdodging out of hitstun in the trailer.

3. I don't want to see a character falling when running....OH GOD PLEASE TRIPPING GO AWAY.

4. New characters.

That's it. I'm super hyped.

Edited by Peekayell

Stuff I want to see:

*NO TRIPPING

*Gameplay speed closer to Melee than Brawl

*Costumes/skins (ie Lucina!Marth)

*New game modes

*Stages that will never again approach the gimmickiness of Spear Pillar

*A less restricted stage builder with a lot more parts

*Moveset overhauls for certain characters to make each character more distinct ie Ganondorf/Falco/Toon Link use special moves that are more specific to their characters

New characters would be nice but those typically get slowly rolled out closer to the game's release date.

What I'm hoping to see

-New characters

-Removal of tripping (Go away, please)

-Gameplay speed closer to Melee

-Alternate costumes

-Captain Falcon

-Things that contradict fandom speculations :smug:

Hoping to see Chrom replace Ike

Why the hell would anyone want this? I don't want ANYONE getting replaced unless they were legitimately terrible and useless. Losing Roy was awful, he should have stayed and had Ike be ADDED to the roster, not added as a replacement. Let's bring back Roy and also add Chrom, that's a way better idea.

I'd like them to keep Sonic and Snake, and also give Sonic a Shadow skin and Snake a Raiden skin. (And give other characters special skins as well!)

Oh right I'd like to see new characters, like Shulk for example.

Edited by Zelos

I kinda doubt they'd show Toon Link or Ridley on the E3 trailer because they seem like they'd be secret characters, and thus wouldn't show them until the game's release.

Hoping to see some new characters like Takamaru, Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. Hopefully we see some new characters and not just a bunch of veterans.

I want a second Metroid Character (I'm not sure if Ridley would fit - but what about one of the hunters like Gandrayda or Rundas? SSB got only one character from one of Nintendo's best franchises) and I hope Lucario will be replaced - I won't get my Mewtwo back, but I hope the replacement will be closer to his playstyle (someone suggested Zoroark) - I love Mewtwo in SSBM but Lucario doesn't fit me at all.

Alright most of this is wishful thinking. But here we go:

Give Ganondorf some actual Ganondorf moves

Give Ike along range attack. Rangell is long range.

Add in Isaac

Add in Saki

Add in Belmont (alt costumes are all the different Belmonts)

Don't remove any characters

Better Pokemon in Pokeballs

If they keep Snake (which I hope they do) I hope they keep David Hayter and not add in Sutherlund

Add in Venasaur (he's my favorite Pokemon)

I'm sure I'll add more crap later

(Resists the urge to shoot down people's unrealistic hopes that were posted)

Well since this is about hopes and not realistic events, I'll treat this thread as such.

For the trailer itself, I'm hoping for Takamaru, Toad, and Dillon and Bill Cosby to be revealed as playable and Bowser's Castle and the DKCR Factory to be revealed as playable levels. I'm also hoping they'll reveal the Wii U and 3DS specific features of each game. I'm not really wishing for anything specific there since I could imagine some features backfiring heavily, like making really sexually explicit and/or overpowered characters with the 3DS character customization. Well, for the Wii U version, an adventure mode on the scale of Brawl's while taking place in Nintendo universes like The Mushroom Kingdom and Dream Land would be quite awesome. And hopefully the Nintendo universe designs won't be as rushed or lazily done as Melee's adventure mode.

For non-trailer hopes:

Snake, Sonic, and Toon Link being removed. I'm sick of having two Links in Smash Bros., especially when roster space is tight as it is and nobody else has two versions of themselves taking up two slots. At least make Toon Link a costume or something. Snake (who sticks out like a sore thumb in the Nintendo universe and was only added because Kojima's son wanted his father to get him in Smash Bros.) and Sonic are barely affilated with Nintendo, and I don't count Sonic's rivalry with Nintendo as being affilated with it since there's plenty of other 3rd parties that were more heavily associated with and allied with Nintendo throughout many decades like Mega Man and Bomberman. Even Club Nintendo comics associated them with Nintendo:

290px-Super_Mario-Die_Bescherung_Group.j

180px-Wario1CN.jpg

On that note, I'm hoping for no third parties. Though if they have really heavy affilations with Nintendo (like Mega Man or Bomberman), I don't mind. I suppose Pac-Man would count as one I consider heavily affilated with Nintendo, since there's quite a lot of Pac-Man games on NES and SNES (like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac Man, Pac Attack, and Pac in Time) and Namco has had a really long partnership with Nintendo, and since Pac-Man is their mascot, it only makes sense. I'm hoping that no Tales or Tekken characters get in, since anyone else besides Pac-Man doesn't represent Namco Bandai fairly and Pac Man is their longest running character and he still has new games coming out.

I also hope Mewtwo and Roy don't return from Melee. Mewtwo is beyond overrated, I've always hated him for his cheapness (in the Pokemon games) and ugliness, and Gen 1 has too much playable characters as it is. I've never been fond of Roy either. The rabid Roy fans annoy me quite a lot, especially with how much they obsess over his fiery sword. His voice was insanely annoying as well. His time is over, he's no longer relevant, he's a one shot lord like many other lords, and he has no legitimate reason to be in.

I'm also hoping for more co-op gameplay modes, which I really enjoyed in Brawl. Implementing 4 player co-op modes would probably be really hard, though...

I don't see the hate for Roy, but I agree with most of your other thoughts. Roy was great, though he could have been less CARBON COPY MARTH WITH ADJUSTMENTS and more "long range fire sword attack and maybe something actually unique". I like Sonic but I agree that he and Snake don't fit in. I definitely want Megaman, that would be bloody amazing, and preferably Megaman X too. Zero is also up for grabs, maybe Bass, dunno but I wanna see at least one person from that series make an appearance.

Keep dreaming. Toon Link has a good chance of staying because of Wind Waker HD and I hate those views of "clones". Most "clones" play completely different to the other character. Link and Toon Link are different characters and should both stay ;/.

Btw, what was posted so far that is unrealistic? Aside from Ridley, I saw no one else post something unlikely.

Edited by Peekayell

So pumped! I'd like to see

- Melee gameplay speed

- Better alternate costumes/skins (Lucina!Marth, Ninten!Ness)

- No clones

- More game modes

- Certain new characters (Chrom, Issac, Mewtwo with new forme)

- No deletion of characters (I don't want to lose Lucas..or Ness frankly, but I don't think he will be deleted)

- More female characters? (Possibly Krystal, Lucina, Birdo, I dunno)

- NO TRIPPING

- Don't overload on 3rd party content..Its still a Nintendo game at heart..

I don't see why people say characters like Sonic and Snake don't fit in when the game already has a colorful roster. You have an electric mouse, blue haired swordsmen, blue haired mercenary, Italian, Brooklyn, Japanese plumber, green dinosaur, space fox, etc. But a mercenary and blue hedgehog can't fit in? Megaman has a high chance of entering.

Aside from Ridley, I saw no one else post something unlikely.

Ridley is like, the 3rd most famous Nintendo villain and is one of the most requested characters. If you think he's too big, he can easily be scaled to the size of Charizard. The original Ridley was just sightly higher than Samus anyway.

Snake, Sonic, and Toon Link being removed. I'm sick of having two Links in Smash Bros., especially when roster space is tight as it is and nobody else has two versions of themselves taking up two slots. At least make Toon Link a costume or something. Snake (who sticks out like a sore thumb in the Nintendo universe and was only added because Kojima's son wanted his father to get him in Smash Bros.) and Sonic are barely affilated with Nintendo, and I don't count Sonic's rivalry with Nintendo as being affilated with it

You realize, Sega's games have been best sellers on Nintendo consoles since Sega went third party and the Mario & Sonic Olympics Crossovers happened and the now current 3 Nintendo Exclusive Sonic games contract exist I hope.

Edited by Jedi

Bowser, DK, and Olimar fit, they can fit Ridley in.

No one really posted what they want to see in the trailer itself, hopefully new characters and any new gameplay features they may have added.

I hope the trailer shows acouple new characters like brawl did. Maybe a new concept or 2? We did see the final smashes in brawls trailer after all.

Edited by Jedi