Project X Zone Demo

Jedi

I'm currently downloading what is called the Imperial Demo. Anyone else aware of this demos existence? Haha

Project X Zone has had me hyped for quite some time.

English trailer

Edited by Jedi

Looks like a very unique SRPG. I'm surprised a game like this made it over seas. You know with all the companies involved with the game.

I'm quite surprised it made it over seas as well. I figured this wouldn't have any chance of it.

Aren't like only 3 companies that are involved? Unless outside of Japan the characters and stuff are held by more apart from those 3 then I don't see how it didn't had the chance, even if said chance was slim or something....

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Mine is demo A apparently. Do different regions get different demos or something?

Anyway, the demo was fun, if unexciting (to me at least). It feels like it's one of those games where fanservice will carry it halfway.

I got demo A as well.

I got demo A as well.

As did I. I'm guessing we will get a B sometime before release

I'm really digging the game, a basic level with all kinds of characters to try out. Made me quite nostalgic

Judging from videos you have to preform long combos to take down the enemy? If that's true then I fear fighting groups of enemies will be very time consuming.

The longer your combos, the bigger the EXP bonus, as well as the XP bonus (think of it as your MP bar).

At 100%, you can perform your hi-ougis (special attacks). You can only fill the bar beyond 100% to 150% by using Cross attacks via combining your normal attacks with the L and R button assists with other characters.

That XP bar can also be used for other actions, such as Frank West's skateboard that let's him move additional spaces, or healing up, or boosting EXP for the next battle.

And yes, it gets VERY time consuming as you go on with the game (one of my main complaints).

Good news, you have a savestate save slot in addition to the regular chapter save slots.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So I just completed the demo, As one of the few americans who knows what Sakura Taisen/Wars is I'm very glad with their stuff. Ryu and Ken were great. Kite & Blackrose were great. Etc. Yeah I can see it getting time consuming but I also find it pretty fun, so I think this is a purchase for me when it comes out.

Can't wait for X and Zero.

Remember skills each pair has because some have healing which may help against the boss ^^ just friendly advice

Edited by Jedi

Will there be an option to toggle voices on/off cuz Dante just won't sound right to me in japanese

You can turn off BGM, voices, whatever in the options menu.

PXZVoiceVolume.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

You can turn off BGM, voices, whatever in the options menu.

Not for individual characters though, right? Ideally I'd have Ryu speaking and others not. Cuz, y'know, he's japanese. And I'm used to his voice.

Edited by Happy_Dingo