So I'm sure I've mentioned my darling little eleven-year-old sister and co-player of Awakening before, right?

... Well, she's lost it.

Completely. And utterly. Lost. Her. Darn. Mind.

I'm concerned for her mental health, because when I randomly and jokingly suggest she go play Lunatic mode...

She actually listened to me.

I wish I had a capture card so I could record this, I'm sure THIS will be comedy gold.

Also note that my sister has been a slave to Normal/Casual since we got the game.

Discuss?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she is either. Props for trying, though. I haven't considered touching Lunatic mode with anything shorter than a ten-foot pole.

She's actually starting to panic a little... already LM strike fear into her heart...

Edited by Vashiane

Kids are the best gamers don't understimate them.

She won't get past premonition. That one is too damn hard.

And you WILL try Lunatic mode, one day your curiosity will get the best of you, and once you start you won't stop. YOU CAN'T STOP.

Edited by 1% critted

I don't think she is either. Props for trying, though. I haven't considered touching Lunatic mode with anything shorter than a ten-foot pole.

She's actually starting to panic a little... already LM strike fear into her heart...

If you ever reconsider your decision, there's a lot of help you can get in the "Lunatic Club" thread... as well as a visual aid if you need it:

Lunatic isn't that bad. Once your past chapter 2 its actually computable.

I'm a bit more concerned about the difficulty jump...

Oh, WOW. Two turns in and Chrom's slain by a Myrmidon. She's trying hard instead.

She'll probably do far better than me, considering that she's on average more mentally awake than I am most days.

But question about your Lunatic video Rey... that first mage had an Elwind tome... how did he suddenly transform it into a Fire tome? Is that a glitch or...?

Edited by Vashiane

She can do it with the right strategy. Trust me.

Tell her to pair up the +Def Avatar with Frederick for the first 4 chapters and then with Chrom and use no one else but them.

Oh, WOW. Two turns in and Chrom's slain by a Myrmidon. She's trying hard instead.

Lunatic Mode is named Frederick Emblem in the first few chapters for a reason. xD

Well, that difficulty's more manageable. Tell her to have fun. xD

Tell her to pair up the +Def Avatar with Frederick for the first 4 chapters and then with Chrom and use no one else but them.

There's reasons OTHER than survivability and gameplay to put a flaw and an asset for your MU, ya know.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There's reasons OTHER than survivability and gameplay to put a flaw and an asset for your MU, ya know.

Obviously an eleven year old wants to SURVIVE Lunatic Mode! So +Def it is.

Tell her to get a +Def Avatar. Pair Frederick up with the Avatar. Solo the first few chapters like that (until chapter 4).

Once she gets to 4, switch to Chrom. The Avatar should be able to take on the rest of the game now.

Once the Avatar reaches level 20, Second Seal him/her to Dark Mage. Promote to Sorcerer.

Nosferatank the rest of the game.

Anyone can do it.

Wow. Better go tell my sister she's popular. XD

I'll pay you to lie and tell her that 90% of them are Chrom x Sumia shippers.

Obviously an eleven year old wants to SURVIVE Lunatic Mode! So +Def it is.

Tell her to get a +Def Avatar. Pair Frederick up with the Avatar. Solo the first few chapters like that (until chapter 4).

Once she gets to 4, switch to Chrom. The Avatar should be able to take on the rest of the game now.

Once the Avatar reaches level 20, Second Seal him/her to Dark Mage. Promote to Sorcerer.

Nosferatank the rest of the game.

Anyone can do it.

And it sounds like you're making a conformist statement. "My way or the highway".

I recognize that your advice is literally the best way to do so... but you're again, not considering your phrasing at how it rubs people the wrong way.

You are also assuming they're not gonna touch the DLC chapters from the sound of it as soon as they get past Chapter 4.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ah, I know how that feels. That was what I wanted to do first run. It was horrible. If you or your sister ever beats it, try Lunatic+.

"One does not simply try Lunatic+ mode. Its story mode is guarded by more than just bandits.There is evil in there that does not sleep. The great Counter is ever watchful. 'Tis a Frederick wasteland lit with Elixirs and Children. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

Edited by KnightOfCalc

I'll pay you to lie and tell her that 90% of them are Chrom x Sumia shippers.

I did and she hit me for it. Apparently, Sumia's existence is just THAT painful, I don't know. XD

My sister's a complicated puzzle of strange and they don't have a translator for her brain language on Google.

Ah, I know how that feels. That was what I wanted to do first run. It was horrible. If you or your sister ever beats it, try Lunatic+.

"One does not simply try Lunatic+ mode. Its story mode is guarded by more than just bandits.There is evil in there that does not sleep. The great Counter is ever watchful. 'Tis a Frederick wasteland lit with Elixirs and Children. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

This sums up what I've heard about Lunatic+ mode nicely... with a touch of Boromir. XD

Here's a description of that in art form:

36202391_big_p4.jpg

36202391_big_p5.jpg

1st Picture: “Lunatic+ Classic = The True Fire Emblem Awakening!”

2nd Picture:

“Oh… not again…”

“Everyone… save yourselves…” (Chrom’s death quote)

“Oh man… and this is just Lunatic Classic Mode.”

I did and she hit me for it. Apparently, Sumia's existence is just THAT painful, I don't know. XD

Hey, if she's that devoted, hopefully she finds a nice guy that'll make her happy... and make him happy from how devoted she is. xD

"I AM THE ONLY ONE FOR HIM."

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you want to tell people you've played lunatic and don't actually want to play it, follow these steps.

1. Start Lunatic file, beat Premonition.

2. Soft-reset.

3. Delete file.

4. Go play HM.

That is how you play Lunatic... just hope no one asks if you've beaten it <_<

I have beaten LM btw

If you want to tell people you've played lunatic and don't actually want to play it, follow these steps.

1. Start Lunatic file, beat Premonition.

2. Soft-reset.

3. Delete file.

4. Go play HM.

That is how you play Lunatic... just hope no one asks if you've beaten it <_<

I have beaten LM btw

Ahaha, well my sister has officially played Lunatic mode. I'm proud of you, my little Cynthia bunny.

Lol, she hates Cynthia too. XD

Here's a description of that in art form:

36202391_big_p4.jpg

36202391_big_p5.jpg

1st Picture: “Lunatic+ Classic = The True Fire Emblem Awakening!”

2nd Picture:

“Oh… not again…”

“Everyone… save yourselves…” (Chrom’s death quote)

“Oh man… and this is just Lunatic Classic Mode.”

Hey, if she's that devoted, hopefully she finds a nice guy that'll make her happy... and make him happy from how devoted she is. xD

"I AM THE ONLY ONE FOR HIM."

XD That sounds just like her too.

Ahaha, well my sister has officially played Lunatic mode. I'm proud of you, my little Cynthia bunny.

Lol, she hates Cynthia too. XD

That puts her a step in front of you in terms of Awakening game-play skills :smug:

All I'm doing is trying to make her be proud of herself for beating LM.

I would be more proud of beating HM in the position described. Just nostanking the entire game is kind of lamesauce imo.

Edited by bearclaw13

All I'm doing is trying to make her be proud of herself for beating LM.

I'm proud too, and I appreciate that, thank you. :)

That puts her a step in front of you in terms of Awakening game-play skills :smug:

... Sure does.

I've got to 1-Up her now. HM, go!

Although note to self: don't play hard in the middle of the night and don't stick Chrom in front of a mage. Got it, go. XD

If I didn't know any better, she sound like a freaking CLAMP character. xD

That sounds remotely familiar...

Oh, looked it up. Yeah, it kind of does.

Edited by Vashiane

Tell her that I, the smartest, most glorious and talented Fire Emblem: Awakening player (suddenly all that praise doesn't sound as good...) am a Chrom x Avatar (F) shipper. I even recorded a Lunatic Classic playlog in which they married for the entire forum to see. Yes, the truth is that the only purpose of that playlog was to spread the majesty of Avatar (F) x Chrom! I laugh at the chumps who thought I was actually doing it for...whatever else they thought I was doing it for.

Tell her that I, the smartest, most glorious and talented Fire Emblem: Awakening player (suddenly all that praise doesn't sound as good...) am a Chrom x Avatar (F) shipper. I even recorded a Lunatic Classic playlog in which they married for the entire forum to see. Yes, the truth is that the only purpose of that playlog was to spread the majesty of Avatar (F) x Chrom! I laugh at the chumps who thought I was actually doing it for...whatever else they thought I was doing it for.

I thought you were doing it to spread the holy gospel of Tiki and how she's totally a great unit.