Is it just me?

I've gotten a lot of zero level ups recently. Jill's had one, Zihark had ~3, Boyd and Oscar had 2, and Mia had one. It's irritating because, well, why is it so common? I was lucky to get one in most other games!

Is this more prevalent in FE9?

In my first playthrough, Jill had several zero level ups. she ended up being seriously strength screwed. but in my recent playthrough, she has been leveling up like a BEAST! i guess Jill has some unpredictable growths?

but i've just had problems with her....

In fixed mode, you actually get quite a few zero levle ups.

Don't worry. The point of fixed mode is that you don't get screwed in your stats, no matter what, so your units should at least turn out decent if not good.

Edited by Fireman

It happened a couple times to me with Rhys, but I'm not complaining because he's a beast anyway - just completely unstoppable. One or two zero level ups just makes up for all the other awesome gains he got that makes him tear through everything he touches with light magic and he heals like a pro. I managed to turn him into a frontliner with Nosferatu.

It happened a couple times to me with Rhys, but I'm not complaining because he's a beast anyway - just completely unstoppable. One or two zero level ups just makes up for all the other awesome gains he got that makes him tear through everything he touches with light magic and he heals like a pro. I managed to turn him into a frontliner with Nosferatu.

Sounds good. I've never felt so with Rhys.

Somehow, they end up catching up anyway. Hell, my Ike was still an uber beast after 3 zero stat ups.

Ike with Aether would still be a beast if he got 10 zero level ups (alright, maybe that's me exaggerating a little bit, but eh)

Aether just screws the enemy. Frequently.

As far as Rhys goes, until he changes classes, he's almost TOO easy to kill. After that, he's STILL easy to kill, but less so. Mist is in a similar situation.

On a completely unrelated note, I discovered that Boyd can use Bows after changing classes a long while after he did on my first playthrough. >_______________>

I guess the big pop up window that appears after promotion telling you he can wield Bows wasn't enough eh?

There is no popup window...

I remember from the multiple times when my Mist promoted and it didn't say squat.