General E3 Discussion (Not FEE3 u nubs)

Klokinator

Take note: Deus Ex HR Directors Cut. That's a hardcore game title that's exclusive to the WiiU. And Deus Ex HR was pretty goddamn good originally, I've been following the Directors Cut version for a long time now and it's amazing how they've integrated usage of the WiiU touchpad with all the new features. I'm really looking forward to this.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question: did they ever reveal if ssb wiiu/3ds is gonna have online capabilities?

I'm pretty sure it will since Brawl did and both systems have online. It would be a really dumbass move for Nintendo not to make the new Smash Bros. games online compatible.

Hey, how come SMT x FE isn't on that list?! It's an upcoming game too that was announced in a recent Direct!

Edited by Anacybele

Nintendo...mediocre :/

SSB looks amazing. The 3DS version looks sufficiently good for me to not need to buy a Wii U. Although it does look like Villager might be Wii U exclusive, so I'll have to wait and see what the deal is in the final product. Villager looks like such a little troll with that blank smile on his face. Mega Man looks great!

X looks really good too. I take it it's a sequel to Xenoblade, which I didn't get to play. Not quite a system seller for me, unfortunately. Same goes for Wonderful 101 (Superhero Pikmin?)

I was a bit underwhelmed by Wind Waker HD. It looks nice...but it doesn't look that much different to me. Sailing never bothered me so I don't really care for the new mechanic. Here's hoping the lost dungeons come back though. As for 3DS Zelda, I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm getting slightly more worried that the speculation it's going to be almost cookie-cutter LttP world might be true. Cool new title/logo, it looks like the Dark World will be back somehow.

Pokemon X/Y continues to unimpress me. The graphics look awful and Fairy type seems weird. Marill and Jigglypuff? Not that I play Pokemon anymore, but it did look interesting at first.

Sony's made the biggest impression on me so far, though I hear Nintendo might still have more to show. KH3 is now apparently also on Xbox One...and I am not happy. Should be on Wii U before Xbox considering most of the KH franchise is on Nintendo consoles at this point. Lame move, Square Enix.

Edit: lawl, and I forgot to mention Mario 3D World...which tells you how I feel about it. It looks pretty boring, even if multiplayer looks nice. I don't get why they went this route if they couldn't be assed to make an original entry, Sunshine 2 or Galaxy 3 would have been so much better than 3D 2. Ah well, one less reason for me to get a Wii U.

Edited by Owain Dark

Take note: Deus Ex HR Directors Cut. That's a hardcore game title that's exclusive to the WiiU. And Deus Ex HR was pretty goddamn good originally, I've been following the Directors Cut version for a long time now and it's amazing how they've integrated usage of the WiiU touchpad with all the new features. I'm really looking forward to this.

Oh, so you can't wait to buy games already available on consoles now? Yay!

:|

Edited by Kelsper

At first I was a little dissapointed with the Mario 3D World game, but then I realized it was like Mario Bros 2. Wonder who the villain is going to be since I doubt it'll be Bowser.

DKC was pretty cool with DIXIE KONG but stupid vikings instead of the alligators sucked a fat one.

Yay Pikmin 3 is coming soon.

I cannot comprehend how hyped I am for Mario Kart 8.

Oh, so you can't wait to buy games already available on consoles now? Yay!

:|

r u dum

It's a complete redux of the game. They "fixed" what was broken, like the biased favoritism of guns and they brought back the ability to use stealth and hacking in nearly all circumstances. At the least I'm reserving harsh judgement because Deus Ex is a great series.

r u dum

It's a complete redux of the game. They "fixed" what was broken, like the biased favoritism of guns and they brought back the ability to use stealth and hacking in nearly all circumstances. At the least I'm reserving harsh judgement because Deus Ex is a great series.

You mean the game I went through the entire game without getting detected or using guns at all aside for bosses? Cloak ftw.

I don't know how much they changed but yeah okay.

This has since been changed; DE:HR Director's Cut (like the other two Square Enix announcements this week) is going multiplat - it'll be going to PS3, 360, and PC as well. Source

Wait, if Peach is playable then what is the story? Almost all Mario games have Peach as the plot point.

I would assume that it would be like Super Mario Sunshine where everything turned out to be Bowser's dream (spoiler btw).

Edited by Constable Reggie

it'll be going to PS3, 360, and PC as well

Aw, that sucks. But still, I'm really interested in what unique controls they'll have for the WiiU version. But uh.

I'm getting the pc version anyway so yeah.

Edit: Relevant.

tumblr_mo7z8tRkcG1qdwv3ho1_500.gif

Edited by Klok

I would assume that it would be like Super Mario Sunshine where everything turned out to be Bowser's dream (spoiler btw).

Yeah, Sunshine didn't actually end that way. Looked it up to be sure.

Mario 2 turned out to be Mario's dream though.

Speaking of Mario 2, it has all the same playable characters as 3D World (it's a blue toad in 3D World, but who cares, it's a toad). So yeah, that's cool.