'Fire Emblem on Forums' Sidestory - Game/IC Thread

Haspen

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: Heralds of Turmoil Edited by Haspen

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~Prologue: Heralds of Turmoil~~

6gTLXRq.png

Claw's Rest. An inn built by retired mercenary, Claw, who was famous for his strength, now ran by his son, already in his fifties. Once a well-known place, now it is just a simple inn in simple woods for simple travelers.
And in this inn, there's a bunch of travelers, including a young man and his bodyguard. That young man is no one else than Leo Kesselring, heir of Prixima Kesselring.
Half an hour ago, Leo was pondering where to go next, as he was done with his studies at Ys, and not really interested in returning to politics.

But now, they've got some unexpected company.

Leo rubbed his chin and nodded, leaning into his chair, eyeing the young woman in standard Kesselring uniform.

kXsXRf7.png"...so you're saying, that my mother sent you after me to ensure my safety on the way back to Kesselring? Normally I wouldn't believe, but, this letter you gave me..."

O5XwFd9.png"Maybe she is an assassin sent aft-" Leo frowned at his bodyguard.

kXsXRf7.png"Dalban, behave for once. Kress, can you swear that what's in the letter is true?"

//Kress Moore is in! Edited by Haspen

"I swear Milord. Your mother simply sent me to put her heart at rest. While it's unlikely we'll encounter any turbulence on the way, a single guard may prove insufficient to protect you in the case of an emergency." She glances at Dalban. "With all due respect, sir."

kXsXRf7.png"Hm, well, I will believe you. You should rest now, we will leave at the morning tomorrow. Furthermore-"

Suddenly, a bloodied man went through the door of the inn, upsetting some people and making one lady gasp in terror.

"Urgh... b-bandits! Bandits are approaching!" This simple exclamation have turned inn into building filled with terrified people. Leo looked around, and cursed under his nose, standing up.

kXsXRf7.png"Come, Dalban, Kress. It seems like we're only ones capable of wielding a weapon here. But if any of you!" He turned toward the customers of the inn.

kXsXRf7.png"If any of you can fight, join us outside." Leo left the inn, with Dalban and Kress right behind him.

Meanwhile...

A hooded man looked at the building far away and looked at a tough-looking axeman.

Tzoik0S.png"Ya sure that our target is in there?"

"'m pretty sure, boss. No doubt about that."

Tzoik0S.png"Wonderful. Find that noble boy and cut his head off!"

Outside the inn...

Bud7XmY.png"Uh oh, that's quite a lot of them." Leo mumbled, looking aorund, before he heard footsteps behind himself. He turned around with Dalban, eyeing the six people that left the inn.

Bud7XmY.png"Huh, you people want to help?"

M0IJDsP.png"I see a dancer... and a healer... not really a fighting group."

Bud7XmY.png"No matter. Any help will do!"

//Cameron Mordren, Cassandra Short, Karina, Warren, Kelbara and Grant Lovell can post now~!

~~Player Turn 1~~

Enemies' stats can be found here!

//NPC's stats are listed in the first post of OOC/Discussion thread :3

//Please refer to movement via coordinates (x,y). For example if Cameron would like to move three tiles east, he should state in his action that he is going to 14.7 and so on :3

twp8NAb.png

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Cameron Mordren: 24/24

Cassandra Short: 18/18

Grant Lovell: 22/22

Karina/Lilia: 18/18

Kelbara: 19/19

Kress Moore: 20/20

Warren: 17/17

Enemies:

Bandit A: 25/25

Bandit B: 25/25

Bandit C: 25/25

Bandit D: 25/25

Bandit E: 25/25

Mercenary A: 21/21

Mercenary B: 21/21

Archer A: 21/21

Archer B: 21/21

Fighter A: 24/24

Fighter B: 24/24

Paus: 22/22

NPCs:

Leo Kesselring: 23/23

Dalban: 25/25

Edited by Haspen

Okay, we need to take out the bandits and protect our more fragile members,

Kess, protect your liege

Gran keep an aeye on kass and karan

Cass Karin focus on party upkeep

Cam, Kelb team up and start taking out the surrounding bandits, work you way to the right then work around the inn taking out the bandits

i will go for the boss

Warren Moves toward the boss following the road, he stops at 6, 6

also the map considered sunny?

Edited by Cyron

"I'm not one for working with others, but this situation calls for it. I shall fight with you... for now."

Kelbara does not move, ending her turn on her space.

"I don't see why I have to help here," mumbled Cameron under his breath, "Unfortunately, it looks the rest of you are kinda scrawny."

"Rushing out may not be the best course of action though, it seems, we're pretty outnumbered. Well, I'll let them do all the work."

Cameron moves one to the right, to 12,7 and shouts a challenge at Bandit A and Mercenary B.

Edited by Kelsper

"I managed to find a decent amount of trouble, and so soon. Let's all try and be careful. Even if your wounds can be healed, it would be better not to receive them in the first place..."

Cassie ends her turn where she is, carefully watching the others, wondering who will need her staff first.

"What the-What's going on?" Grant got up from his table to find people with distraught faces and what looked to be a band of mercenaries exiting the inn. Taking the last gulps of his drink, he hurriedly followed them outside, lance in tow. The group was drawing their weapons, preparing to fight. "Fight...what?" Grant looked on. "Blast! Bandits? Here?!" Memories from his life back in the Peaks came rushing back to him.

He did a quick head count. "One...two...This isn't a mercenary group," he scoffed "This is a massacre waiting to happen!" He noticed there were eight others besides him. Two of whom looked completely unarmed. He walked up to the closest of the two, the inn's entertainment from the looks of it. He thought of saying something, but thought against it. "Now's not the time for pleasantries..."

Moving forward, he turned to face the people who still hadn't advanced forward. "Listen. I don't know who you guys are, and you don't know me. However, I do not plan on letting any of you die here today. Follow my lead, and watch the rear. If you can't fight, don't stray too far from me. It's easier for me to protect you if I can see you."

With his piece done, he turned back to face his foe and marched forward to meet the enemy head on. Grant moves to 12,9.

Still feeling drowzy, Karina pretty much looked around with an empty face while the others started moving around, she'd been just rudely awakened by the shout of bandits, and saw all the people going outside... She wondered why'd she unconsciously follow the crowd of fighters, though it was only certain that they'd need fight tofight the bandits seemingly outnumbered, a bit. Karina frowned, it's at times like this she wished her father let her practice the sword in full like her brothers. Sighing, she saw that not everyone had a clear plan in mind, if there's anything she's learned from her elder brother, is that tactics outweigh the strenght of an army in a war, and a bad formation can lead to the defeat of any army, no matter how elite or numerous. "Madams, sires... are you right on your minds?" Karina spoke up, with a hit of drowsy and grumpiness. "Knight lady, I think you'd do well helping the men on the front, leave the fancy fellow here, he'll be fine." She spoke in a quite non-chalant way. "Here, I'll help you get your momentum back, just watch my dance!"

Karina stays at (10,6) and dances both Kelbara (9,6) and Kess(12,6).

~~Enemy Turn!~~

The bandits began to move in and attack. Suddenly an arrow flew just few inches above Warren's head.

Archer B vs Warren:

Hit: 101-15-23 = 63

Hit roll: 82, miss!

After that, Kress got attacked by axe-wielding ruffian, with another few metres behind him. Kress got a nasty gash on her leg, and in retaliation she slashed at bandit's face rather furiously.

Bandit C vs Kress:

Hit: 81-15-17 = 49

Hit roll: 40, hit!

Damage: 16-1-5 = 10dmg

Kress counters!

Hit: 101+15-7 = 109, autohit!

Damage: 10+1-3 = 8dmg

Kress attacks again!

Hit: 101+15-7 = 109, autohit!

Damage: 10+1-3 = 8dmg

In the meanwhile, two of the thugs swiftly replied to Cameron's taunting challenge, and attacked him.

Whilst the duel against the swordsman went poorly, Cameron managed to kill the bandit in one swipe of his axe.

Mercenary B vs Cameron

Hit: 103+15-10-8 = 100, autohit!

Damage: 11+1-4 = 8dmg

Cameron retaliates!

Hit: 83+10-15-14 = 54

Hit roll: 66, miss!

Bandit A vs Cameron

Hit: 81-10-8 = 63

Hit roll: 98, miss!

Cameron counters!

Hit: 83+10-7 = 86

Hit roll: 32, hit! Crit roll: 7!

Damage: 15-3 = 12x3 = 36dmg

Shortly afterwards, Grant got hit by a flying axe.

Fighter B vs Grant

Hit: 78+15-13 = 80

Hit roll: 56, hit!

Damage: 15+1-2-5 = 9dmg

Then Dalban, Leo's bodyguard, was attacked by Bandit E. That was the last mistake of the axeman in his life.

Bandit E vs Dalban

Hit: 81-15-18 = 48

Hit roll: 78, miss!

Dalban counters!

Hit: 95+15-7 = 103, autohit!

Damage: 17+1+2-3 = 17dmg

Dalban counters again!

Hit: 95+15-7 = 103, autohit!

Damage: 17+1+2-3 = 17dmg

Paus looked from afar at the battle and gritted his teeth.

Tzoik0S.png"Hmph, the battle is going differently from what I planned... time to call Ramzar and his guys." The shaman pulled out a small vial of blue liquid and shook it a bit. The liquid began to foam and hiss, and Paus tossed it upwards. The vial exploded shortly afterwards, releasing a cloud of purple smoke.

Few seconds later, Cameron could hear neighing of horses and stomping of many hooves against the dirt road, coming from north-east.

~~Allies Turn!~~

Leo pulled out a yellowish tome out of his robe and cast Thunder at nearby bandit.

Leo vs Bandit B

Hit: 103+10-7 = 106, autohit!

Damage: 11-0 = 11dmg

In the same time, Dalban moved toward the swordsman who hit Cameron and slashed at him. He didn't manage to evade the retaliatory strike.

Dalban vs Mercenary B

Hit: 95+10-14 = 91

Hit roll: 50, hit!

Damage: 17+2-3 = 16dmg

Mercenary B counterstrikes!

Hit: 103-10-18 = 75

Hit roll: 41, hit!

Damage: 11-5 = 6dmg

~~Player Turn 2~~

pS0CvP1.png

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Cameron Mordren: 16/24

Grant Lovell: 13/22

Kress Moore: 10/20

Enemies:

Bandit A: -11/25

Bandit B: 14/25

Bandit C: 9/25

Bandit E: -9/25

Mercenary B: 5/21

NPCs:

Dalban: 19/25

Edited by Haspen

With the blood lust after being slashes across the chest by a mercenary that currently outmatched him, Cameron absolutely destroyed a bandit in an instantly fatal blow.

He then heard the stomping of hooves, and decided to report this to his current 'companions'.

"I think we are going to deal with these guys quickly. There isn't going to be just them very soon," he said, pointing to the north-east.

After this, he decided to turn and to take on someone more suited to him. Luckily help had arrived to deal with his previous problem.

Cameron moves one up to (12,6) and attacks Bandit B.

Edited by Kelsper

Axe duel! It was horrible.

Cameron vs Bandit B

Hit: 83+10-7 = 86

Hit roll: 95, miss!

Bandit B counters!

Hit: 81-10-8 = 63

Hit roll: 91, miss!

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Enemies:

Mercenary B: 5/21

NPCs:

"Tch. It seems I've forgotten the nefarious tactics of these bandits. Attacking from afar, howling as if victory has been achieved. No matter, I will dispose of these enemies all the same."

Grant moves to (12, 7) and initiates combat with Mercenary B.

Grant went stabby against the mercenary, killing him in result.

Grant vs Mercenary B

Hit: 90+15-14 = 91

Hit roll: 22, hit!

Damage: 14+1-3 = 12dmg

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Enemies:

Mercenary B: -7/21

NPCs:

Kress was caught off guard by her attacker, and seriously needed to recover before continuing the fight.

"You'll pay for that, brute!"

Kress uses Reliable Attack on Bandit C, and cantoes to (5,8).

Edited by Essbee

Kress reliably murders the axe thug before trotting away.

Kress vs Bandit C

Hit: 101+20-7 = 114, autohit!

Damage: 10+2-3 = 9dmg

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Enemies:

Bandit C: 0/25

NPCs:

"That went better than I could have hoped. I can only pray our luck holds out."

Cassie moves one space east to 11,7 and heals Grant with her staff.

She briefly wonders about the sound of horses in the distance, but forces the thought from her mind.

Cavalry, dam ahh well we cant do anything about it right now, we have to wait for it to show up, but for now its best if we take out the nearby enemies

Warren moves to 8, 4 and attacks fighter a

Bling bling bling.

Cassandra heals Grant:

10+6 = Up to 16HP restored

In the meanwhile, Warren went against the fighter. The sword stabbed at the axeman whilst the wide aaxe slashed at the scavenger's arm.

Warren vs Fighter A

Hit: 102+15-10 = 107, autohit!

Damage: 9+1-5 = 5dmg

Warren gets 40 Gold!

Fighter A counters!

Hit: 78-15-23 = 40

Hit roll: 11, hit!

Damage: 15-1-2 = 12dmg

Warren strikes again!

Hit: 102+15-10 = 107, autohit!

Damage: 9+1-5 = 5dmg

[spoiler=HP]Mercs:

Grant Lovell: 22/22

Warren: 5/17

Enemies:

Bandit C: 0/25

Fighter A: 14/24

NPCs:

"I'd have expected something a little less pathetic, no matter, I'm sure you'll enjoy the next life more than this one."

Kelbara moves to 13,5 and attacks Bandit B.