SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

LOL that comic. XD

I hope Sakurai doesn't give us many more females than this though. Not that I don't like female characters or not like women (I'm one myself lol), but it would make calling the series Super Smash BROTHERS kind of redundant if the roster consisted of even an equal number of female characters to male. xP

The title is already redundant, considering that none of the characters in the roster, outside of Mario & Luigi, are actual brothers.

Seriously though, I'm all for more females. After Palutena, I await Anna and Dixie Kong!

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, you're not alone....still hoping...

Any Tales character > Pac-man

Would it be Lloyd or the current most popular main hero of Tales. Aka Yuri

Lloyd, given that he's more associated with Nintendo than Yuri(who I think only appeared on a Nintendo console by way of PXZ)

Lloyd, given that he's more associated with Nintendo than Yuri(who I think only appeared on a Nintendo console by way of PXZ)

Very true, Yuri did only appear on there via Project X Zone but it is something, ToTA also had a 3DS re-release while Tales of Symphonia since its GC release was re-released on the PS2 and soon to be the PS3

Everyone seems to assume it'd be Lloyd whenever I ask; while I'd certainly want him in, I always did wonder why he was the first pick. I think he'd be slightly more unique compared to Yuri simply because he dual wields swords while we're already swimming in mono sword users. They could also put in one of the fist fighter main leads, like Senel or Jude. Honestly though, I like them all, so I wouldn't mind who we'd get as long as Tales could be represented.

Isn't it supposed to just be a reference to Super Mario Brothers?

Yeah, pretty sure that was supposed to be the reference. I certainly do want more female characters; waiting on Dixie and Krystal next should Palutena truly be in.

Everyone seems to assume it'd be Lloyd whenever I ask; while I'd certainly want him in, I always did wonder why he was the first pick. I think he'd be slightly more unique compared to Yuri simply because he dual wields swords while we're already swimming in mono sword users. They could also put in one of the fist fighter main leads, like Senel or Jude. Honestly though, I like them all, so I wouldn't mind who we'd get as long as Tales could be represented.

Yeah, pretty sure that was supposed to be the reference. I certainly do want more female characters; waiting on Dixie and Krystal next should Palutena truly be in.

True, but you also gotta admit for a mono sword user Yuri's style is extremely unorthodox haha

Dixie and Krystal next eh?

Dixie I can see, Krystal has a bit of a climb and a broken base to fight

True, but you also gotta admit for a mono sword user Yuri's style is extremely unorthodox haha

Dixie and Krystal next eh?

Dixie I can see, Krystal has a bit of a climb and a broken base to fight

Yeah, I do like his unusual sword style. Gah, I don't care who at this point, just give us a Tales rep please Sakurai! >.<

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dixie could be in easy, and as much as I want Krystal I understand she has a huge hatebase for whatever reason. I mean, I like her character well enough, but even if I didn't, I'd still want her in because of her unique options for movesets and battle style, plus being another female fighter. I can't express how long I've wanted a staff fighter in smash bros, especially one who'd be different from the "same old-same old" of other Starfox fighters. And she could represent the game and the fighting style of Starfox Adventures, which I actually really liked, and thought was an interesting part of the Starfox series.

Yeah, I do like his unusual sword style. Gah, I don't care who at this point, just give us a Tales rep please Sakurai! >.<

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dixie could be in easy, and as much as I want Krystal I understand she has a huge hatebase for whatever reason. I mean, I like her character well enough, but even if I didn't, I'd still want her in because of her unique options for movesets and battle style, plus being another female fighter. I can't express how long I've wanted a staff fighter in smash bros, especially one who'd be different from the "same old-same old" of other Starfox fighters. And she could represent the game and the fighting style of Starfox Adventures, which I actually really liked, and thought was an interesting part of the Starfox series.

The fact that is has been years since the last star fox game(if you don't count the 3D remake of StarFox64) also makes her unlikely. I'll always thought that letting her using a combat style based around the staff from adventure would be interesting, but fans hated the game so :/ I understand that it wasn't a 'real' star fox game as in you're not flying in arwing constantly, but I really liked the game, since for an adventure game, I think it was pretty good

I also liked Star Fox Adventure, it also continued the Manga which is canon called Farewell Beloved Falco. Which shows why he left the team before said game, its quite a good read. Same with the canonical Metroid Manga which is Samus's origins and a legitimate reason to be fearful of Ridley at first because she never "fought" him till that point (You see Other M? Logic? Oh wait there is none :P)

I also liked Star Fox Adventure, it also continued the Manga which is canon called Farewell Beloved Falco. Which shows why he left the team before said game, its quite a good read. Same with the canonical Metroid Manga which is Samus's origins and a legitimate reason to be fearful of Ridley at first because she never "fought" him till that point (You see Other M? Logic? Oh wait there is none :P)

I have never read the mangas and find it quite sad that Nintendo hides precious pieces of canon info in these obscure materials. (and Other M is horrible. Going from the Prime games to that atrocity was quite jarring. And some people want more metroid games like Other M, shudders)

Why would the series title be a reference to the Mario brothers if it includes characters from a whole BUNCH of Nintendo franchises? xP That doesn't make sense to me either.

I think it just says that the brawlers are all from Nintendo, as in Nintendo "bros." :P

But I don't really see what the big deal is about how many characters there are of each gender anyway. So what if there are a lot more males than females? :/

Why would the series title be a reference to the Mario brothers if it includes characters from a whole BUNCH of Nintendo franchises? xP That doesn't make sense to me either.

I think it just says that the brawlers are all from Nintendo, as in Nintendo "bros." :P

But I don't really see what the big deal is about how many characters there are of each gender anyway. So what if there are a lot more males than females? :/

More love for the transgenders, like Birdo.

Mario is one of the majors Nintendo franchises not to mention Mario himself is the mascot of the company?

Or maybe nobody though of any better puns they could make

Nothing at all, but you said:

I hope Sakurai doesn't give us many more females than this though. Not that I don't like female characters or not like women (I'm one myself lol), but it would make calling the series Super Smash BROTHERS kind of redundant if the roster consisted of even an equal number of female characters to male. xP

Suggesting that we shouldn't get many female characters because of the title is just as stupid as including characters just because they're female.

I have never read the mangas and find it quite sad that Nintendo hides precious pieces of canon info in these obscure materials. (and Other M is horrible. Going from the Prime games to that atrocity was quite jarring. And some people want more metroid games like Other M, shudders)

To be fair to Other M I did like its gameplay, its story was the main disappointment.

To be fair to Other M I did like its gameplay, its story was the main disappointment.

The gameplay made it seem like an action spin-off of metroid IMO. It's centered more about combat and strays away from the more exploration focused gameplay of the other games. In most games, the only thing that limits you are the upgrades you haven't found yet while this game will just randomly force you to stay in an area because of locked doors. As for the combat that is the beef of the gameplay, even though it was flashy, it quickly became tedious and repetitive for me at least. And then you had the pitiful story to that and the game is just a shame.(The fact that reviewers said this game had an epic story is quite sad. You're on a bottle ship and fumble around until Anthony and Adam fix the conspiracy recycled badly from Fusion. Compare this to the Prime trilogy where you have to face Dark Samus and the threat of a sentient planet that target others in order to corrupt them.) /rant over Sorry bout that

I'm thinking it'll have an inward wind hitbox or one similar to Lucas's PK Magnet.

Edited by Comet