SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

This game has no playable superheroes, and does not depict any character getting smashed. Ruined forever.

I get smashed enough for all of them. It's the only REAL way to enjoy Smash Bros., amirite or amirite?

Also I didn't pay attention to whatever people are complaining about but yay Mega Man is in Smash, he's going to be the best you guys~

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all cool people. Surprised by the lack of amount, but maybe they got inspired by Pokemon X or got lazy or something.

It took Brawl awhile to show its newcomers after the first trailer. Then again we got a greater amount at Brawls start

Pit, Metaknight, Wario, Zamus, Snake (I miss anyone?)

The next reveal which I believe was Ike. Was like 6 months later

It took Brawl awhile to show its newcomers after the first trailer.

14 months. Reveal trailer was June 2006, the Dojo opened in May 2007, then Ike was revealed in August 2007.

Sorry I derped yeah it was a helluva long time.

We have so much more info then we did for brawl plus we know Sakurai wants to release this year for sure

That...is just plain awesome by the sound of it and that pic. I already liked using Link occasionally and something tells me I'm gonna like using him even more now. XD

edit: Oh wait, its an item, not one of Link's skills. *derp*

Edited by Silver Lightning

Sounds interesting, though I don't really get it. Do you throw it at people and then it grabs them and carries them or does it just appear randomly and grab people and carry them without having to be thrown/picked up first? Either way, I wonder how bad the carrying effect will be in terms of messing up the people it carries or making them vulnerable. Maybe it can even carry people offscreen and KO them?

Yay, the Beetle is included without pointlessly replacing one of Link's staple abilities!

You have no idea the huge sigh of relief I let out when I saw that the Beetle was an item. Hopefully both Links get to keep their boomerangs.

wait what? people actually want pauletina in smash bros? why!! have they even played her game? have they seen her dialogue and how much of a--

*looks at pauletina's official art*

...forget i asked :I

Her dialog is the main reason I like her.

They're all cool people. Surprised by the lack of amount, but maybe they got inspired by Pokemon X or got lazy or something.

To be fair, the release date hasn't even been announced yet. Give Sakurai some time to revile the characters.

wait what? people actually want pauletina in smash bros? why!! have they even played her game? have they seen her dialogue and how much of a--

*looks at pauletina's official art*

...forget i asked :I

Her dialogue is hysterical - actually almost all of it is, but really, the immortals in this game make me laugh more than they irritate me, which is a nice change, so I'll take it.

Her dialogue is hysterical - actually almost all of it is, but really, the immortals in this game make me laugh more than they irritate me, which is a nice change, so I'll take it.

definitely agree~ the immortals were cool in this game

she was hilarious :D

NEW STAGE!

January 29th Pic

d2d42b90569f93c4329a172803f485a2.png

So...

Palutena's Temple for Wii U stage. Ok.

This might be enough to get both versions now.

So this week has been new move -> new item -> new stage -> (plz be new character)

In terms of the Palutena leak, the faces match. On the left is her Uprising artwork. On the right is the leak screenshot, and the statue's face.

bhTvC6d.png

Edited by Athena

I dunno. It puts her more in a position like with Ridley where Sakurai is just a giant tease about it.

Which is kinda funny because they're two of the "Elite Four", which is a fan term for the group of Ridley, Palutena, King K. Rool and Little Mac, who are the four most popular characters over in the west (and the Champion is Mewtwo :P).

For a second, I thought it was an official Palutena reveal, which would've disappointed me a bit. Not because I don't want her or anything (I haven't played a Kid Icarus game, so yeah), but because I want to see Ike so bad. :P

Sakurai, show him and I don't really care what you put in pic of the day anymore. :3 Not even Roy, despite that I think it's pointless for him to come back at this point.

Also, why's the stage on the Wii U? Isn't Uprising a 3DS only title?

Edited by Anacybele

Kid Icarus was originally on the NES a home console.

And Ana while I admit I want Ike to be shown too, its a bit ridiculous to just want him I'll ignore the Roy comment for now. Its nice to be excited for a particular character but if it gets to the point where everything else was a disappointment its a tad overboard wouldn't you say?

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Well, he's my most wanted, since Luigi's return was always obvious. :P

And that's why I said a LITTLE disappointed. You're right, it would be ridiculous to get really upset if a character reveal isn't him. But another thing, I also still worry that he won't even stay in the roster. :(

Also, why's the stage on the Wii U? Isn't Uprising a 3DS only title?

I'm pretty sure every franchise will get at least one stage on each version of the game, regardless of their franchise of origin.