SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I thought Diddy was rather weak in Brawl, so I hope he does get buffed.

Actually he's pretty high tier. He's currently ranked as the 4th best character in the game under Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Olimar.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, the people I hate most are always the best...my older brother is super good with Meta Knight, and I just generally dislike IC, Olimar, and DK JR. (DK SR belongs to Donkey Kong) Where did Ike and Marth place in that tier list?

Yeah, personal experience isn't enough to go by, lol. When I use Ike, Marth is one of my best matchups. XP

Also, today's pic of the day isn't anything fancy, just Diddy showing off his barrel jetpack.

Does Diddy still have his banana peel move? If he does tripping is kind of in Smash4 huehue

Ike was one of my best from Brawl and Little Mac will be one of my Smash4 mains.

He's the slowest overall character in the game, apparently.

What. Hold on, then he's slower than people like Bowser and DK? That makes no sense to me. xP

Ike isn't that great at countering projectiles and camping, but this guy can take a fuck ton of damage before getting sent flying, he has some of the most powerful moves in the game, and he has a chaingrab (though it doesn't work on everyone). He also has a couple of fast moves up his sleeve too, like Quick Draw and Counter.

I think he should be in the mid tier category, not low. :P

Edited by Anacybele

The general consensus was in competitive play he's kinda lower-mid. His attacks have a lot of lag and his approach is rather predictable. That being said, Bowser actually ranks worse than him, and DK isn't much higher than him. I've also realised all the characters I'm any good with are in bottom tier, gg me.

Tiers are only a metric anyways. The player playing hasmore of an effect and you should use whomever your comfortable with. Not those who are high simply because they are high. It irritates me.

Yes I realize some characters are better designed for one on ones. But still it gets a tad ridiculous when people get made fun of etc simply for who they use maybe I'm being dumb but still.

Generally a good player with a bad character will beat a bad one with a top tier dude. However, when players are both fairly high level, the character choices are the determining factor to some degree.

Yeah, it is pretty dumb when people get made fun of for the characters they use and whatnot.

It's possible to beat higher tiered characters with a lower-tier character in competitive play too. I've actually managed to beat a really really good player while using Ike and this guy was using Meta Knight. Yeah, you read that right. I got him a couple times, though generally, he usually kicked my butt. :P

I've actually managed to beat a really really good player while using Ike and this guy was using Meta Knight. Yeah, you read that right. I got him a couple times, though generally, he usually kicked my butt. :P

Generally this is the case. There's no match up which is like auto-lose, but as a rule of thumb the top tier characters come out on top more often than not.

I figured as much. Sakurai seems to want to balance things out a little more with SSB4 though, so hopefully we'll see a smaller gap between the highest tiered characters and the lowest tiered ones this time.

I recall him saying in some interview that he wanted it to be a midway between Melee's competitive scene and Brawl's casual accessibility. There was also some pondering at post-release patches so I'm figuring balance is probably somewhere on the agenda.

You must not have seen my post from earlier. Little Mac's series was unrepresented in the roster. Lyn's isn't. And just because a character got to be an assist doesn't mean they're getting in the roster. There are so many of them and a lot wouldn't even be practical for the roster. XP

Oh I know it, and a Helirin on playable character would be too stupid. But I think that they could bring more representants of Fire Emblem perhaps, and Lyn could have his own chances. Even Vlad from Golden Sun could be a several possibility, because Golden Sun is going deeply and deeply these times. So, for a Golden Sun 4 ( WITH THIS FUCKING CLIFFHANGER OF GS3 SOLVED THEN ), Vlad could be a perfect character to make Golden Sun known, also. x)

Anyway, I want Lyn, I will hope Lyn, and I will think Lyn. :(

Oh I know it, and a Helirin on playable character would be too stupid. But I think that they could bring more representants of Fire Emblem perhaps, and Lyn could have his own chances. Even Vlad from Golden Sun could be a several possibility, because Golden Sun is going deeply and deeply these times. So, for a Golden Sun 4 ( WITH THIS FUCKING CLIFFHANGER OF GS3 SOLVED THEN ), Vlad could be a perfect character to make Golden Sun known, also. x)

Anyway, I want Lyn, I will hope Lyn, and I will think Lyn. :(

I never said that FE shouldn't have more than two characters in the roster. I just think that with Arena Ferox as a 3DS stage, an Awakening rep is more likely than Lyn right now. I would also prefer Ephraim to Lyn anyway. :P

"I never said that FE shouldn't have more than two characters in the roster. I just think that with Arena Ferox as a 3DS stage, an Awakening rep is more likely than Lyn right now. I would also prefer Ephraim to Lyn anyway. :P "

Oh but you are right. x)

I'm just afraid that they put Chrom, instead of Daraen for example. :/

Arena Ferox existing as a stage doesn't help Chrom's chances(or any Awakening characters' chances) than Pyrosphere helps Ridley. If anything, you might say it hurts their chances since it fills the supposed "obligated" Awakening representation.

What exactly does he mean by "The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal?"

I mean, if you take the picture into account, it implies that Diddy's up special can deal more horizontal knockback to opponents than in Brawl. However, taking the words by themselves without the picture, it implies that his recovery can go more horizontally than it could in Brawl.