SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

What exactly does he mean by "The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal?"

I mean, if you take the picture into account, it implies that Diddy's up special can deal more horizontal knockback to opponents than in Brawl. However, taking the words by themselves without the picture, it implies that his recovery can go more horizontally than it could in Brawl.

Vague translation is vague. I'd be interested in seeing what the original Japanese version said.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arena Ferox existing as a stage doesn't help Chrom's chances(or any Awakening characters' chances) than Pyrosphere helps Ridley. If anything, you might say it hurts their chances since it fills the supposed "obligated" Awakening representation.

Sure it helps their chances. Most stages have a corresponding character or two. Luigi got his mansion, Marth and Ike share Castle Siege because it was just a generic FE stage, Toon Link got the Pirate Ship, Lucario got Spear Pillar, and so on. Chrom's stage could be Arena Ferox while Marth could get something FE12 themed and Ike could get a Tellius stage on the Wii U version.

Sure it helps their chances. Most stages have a corresponding character or two. Luigi got his mansion, Marth and Ike share Castle Siege because it was just a generic FE stage, Toon Link got the Pirate Ship, Lucario got Spear Pillar, and so on. Chrom's stage could be Arena Ferox while Marth could get something FE12 themed and Ike could get a Tellius stage on the Wii U version.

I don't think I need to remind you that there have been stages without having characters, and vice versa.

Also, this smacks of patternist thinking.

I don't think I need to remind you that there have been stages without having characters, and vice versa.

Also, this smacks of patternist thinking.

Yeah, but like I said, the majority of the stages so far HAVE had characters. I'm not saying that Arena Ferox confirms Chrom, I'm just saying it raises his chances.

Donkey Kong is both faster than Ike and lives longer. And DK is by no means slow. I don't remember his dashing, but his BAIR is quick and really safe.

Anyway I'm guessing that means diddy can blast off more to the left. I doubt it'll really help him much,

I do await the time our Star Fox stage is revealed. I do hope Assault gets some sort of stage.

I almost guarantee that Star Fox 64 3D will have a stage on the 3DS version hopefully something not involving Corneria this time, we need to see different locales same with Metroid, enough lava based stages for crying out loud

So guys, if Sakurai is indeed revealing a character every week now, who do you think is gonna show up this time?

For me, my money is actually on Ike! Awhile back, someone posted in this thread that RD's Japanese release was Feb. 22. If Sakurai is going to have Ike use his RD design, now would be the time to show him! Fingers crossed. x3

If not Ike, then I'm going to guess someone from Star Fox since Fox is still all by his lonesome.

Edited by Anacybele

If there was ever another castle seige like map, the background better have a small group of misfit mercenaries and soldiers slaughtering an entire royal army.

Edited by kingddd

If there was ever another castle seige like map, the background better have a small group of misfit mercenaries and soldiers slaughtering an entire royal army.

My bets are on Castle Siege being one of the returning Brawl stages (least I hope anyways its my favorite stage in Brawl)

Wait...Arena Ferox...if there was supposed to be a stage for Chrom, wouldn't it be Ylisstol or Southtown or something...?

YES! Basilio confirmed!

Not necessarily. Lucario's "home stage" in Brawl was Spear Pillar, even though he doesn't really have much of anything to do with SP.

Wait...Arena Ferox...if there was supposed to be a stage for Chrom, wouldn't it be Ylisstol or Southtown or something...?

YES! Basilio confirmed!

Do remember who the boss of Arena Ferox was. But yes Shinpichu is right on this matter

Sakurai...what are you doing? Buffing a top tier why? Maybe he'll buff freaking metaknight...

Because everyone looks like Ganondorf when fighting Rosalina. :D

Seriously though, all we get is a little snippet of info every day. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with stuff that we aren't shown. Who's to say that characters like Mario and Link are getting buffed? Or that Diddy is getting nerfed in some other aspect?

Sakurai...what are you doing? Buffing a top tier why? Maybe he'll buff freaking metaknight...

we won't know until we get it... for all we know, he might have nerfed diddy's smashes.

Because everyone looks like Ganondorf when fighting Rosalina. :D

Seriously though, all we get is a little snippet of info every day. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with stuff that we aren't shown. Who's to say that characters like Mario and Link are getting buffed? Or that Diddy is getting nerfed in some other aspect?

This is the true attitude to have, until we actually play the game we cannot judge properly and patches are gonna be a thing anyways. So in the end I think we will be set.

Arena Ferox could've been picked because, you know, it's an ARENA. :P For FIGHTING in.

True, its also quite iconic of Awakening considering it showed Chrom and "Marth's" fighting styles [which could lead to inspiration for Chrom or Lucinas smash bros fighting style provided one of them is in

Pic of the day

zVGwoVm.jpg

Pic of the day. There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version

Or should I say pics?

UaAyMIk.jpg

and this one is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A. design. King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?

Edited by YoungMan