SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...Arena Ferox...if there was supposed to be a stage for Chrom, wouldn't it be Ylisstol or Southtown or something...?

Personally I don't see how they could make a stage based on Ylisstol or Southtown (wait, it's called Southtown? Seriously?).

I mean, I don't see how one could recognizance these stages as Fire Emblem stages the way one would immediately recognizance the "Bridge of Eldin" as a Zelda stage.

I definitely can't see it with Ylisstol. There is nothing that stands out. Maybe with Southtown but that is effectively a generic village and kinda underscores the series.

Personally I'd say that Arena Ferox is a fine choice since it has a quite recognizable design.

I never played those except for Shadow Dragon, which I barely touched, so I wouldn't have known.

I was merely informing, no need to get defensive. :P

Since Sakurai has never really cared about including spoilers (see: Zelda/Sheik), I think a stage based on the final level of Awakening would be a great Fire Emblem stage.

Awakening Spoilers, obviously:

Having Grima be a stage, I mean

Since Sakurai has never really cared about including spoilers (see: Zelda/Sheik), I think a stage based on the final level of Awakening would be a great Fire Emblem stage.

Awakening Spoilers, obviously:

Having Grima be a stage, I mean

A stage like that would be great, though I doubt they would include two stages coming from the same game in a series with a lot of entries(F-Zero had both Big Blue and Mute City, but you can count on one hand the number of games in the franchise).

And if(big if) the Avatar is a character with it's final smash being him/her transforming in Grima, it couldn't also be a stage

I think that means that ending one of those "rapid" jabs will cause the character to do a sort of "finisher" move. That's what the impression on Smashboards seems to be.

ad61e8fbe3845189f32ad5fb83dae837.png

"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

To quote one of the people who posted in response to that pic.

"Even though I'm not a Waluigi (playable) supporter, that comment was a total buuuuuuurn!"

Yeah. But like most people, I never for a second thought that he'd graduate from Assist Trophy to playable character as Little Mac did. Besides other assist trophies deserve to be playable over him.

Regarding infinite jabs being removed, I guess it makes sense and it'll help balance things with its removal? Either way, it doesn't affect me too much since the only characters that I use frequently that this affects are Captain Falcon and Falco. Either way, I'm interested in seeing how each character's standard attack combo will finish, in regards to the ones that used to have infinite standard combos.

And as for today's Waluigi pic, both the update and the comment (especially the comment) must be quite the slap in the face to Waluigi fans, though I personally think there's a few Mario characters that deserve to be playable over Waluigi. Maybe someday, though, Waluigi will get his own series/sub-series and become big and important enough to be playable (and get a unique moveset that'll be based off his own series).

I guess that rules out the possibility that they would have Alfonzo take over Waluigi's job of beating people with a tennis racket and stomping them.

I actually like the idea of somebody being essentially the "Biff the Understudy" of Smash Bros. Or the possibility of playable characters temporarily showing up as Assist Trophies.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WALUIGI'S NOT IN THE GAME? OMG RUINED FOREVER!

....is something I would never say. I doubted we'd get a Mario newcomer after Waluigi. Still, the text makes me think that Sakurai considers him at least worthy of consideration as a playable character. Maybe next time.