SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Waluigi fans stock up on their Burn Heals I'm just going to enjoy the fact that all is right in the world. [/nodsnods]

I expected this to happen. While Waluigi's a very interesting character he's not around enough to have gained a unique style all his own that can be properly transferred into Smash... although I'm sure somewhere on the glorious internet is a moveset for him.

It's okay Waluigi... on the bright side, welcome back to Mario Kart!

While the Waluigi fans stock up on their Burn Heals I'm just going to enjoy the fact that all is right in the world. [/nodsnods]

I expected this to happen. While Waluigi's a very interesting character he's not around enough to have gained a unique style all his own that can be properly transferred into Smash... although I'm sure somewhere on the glorious internet is a moveset for him.

It's okay Waluigi... on the bright side, welcome back to Mario Kart!

If I had to make a move set for him it would probably be one based on all the spinoffs, especially tennis and mario party as well as kart.

I do wonder how many burn heals his fambase is gonna need probably stings still

Meh, to Waluigi. I never really did care about him.

If I had to make a move set for him it would probably be one based on all the spinoffs, especially tennis and mario party as well as kart.

Wouldn't that sort be similar to Peach then? If you look at her side smash attacks that is. Meh... thats al I got on him

Meh, to Waluigi. I never really did care about him.

Wouldn't that sort be similar to Peach then? If you look at her side smash attacks that is. Meh... thats al I got on him

I don't recall peach using Kart or Party moves got me on the sports yea but nor do I see super strikers or sluggers stuff on her

By that, I meant by her use of a tennis racket and golf club, which relates to Mario Tennis and Golf. Not sure what could be pulled out of the Party series, or Kart. After all, yin Mario Kart, there's an emphasis on the use of items to get ahead and some of said items are already in smash's item stock. Course, my thinking could be wrong about this, but I don't really see a moveset potential from those

Edited by Hero-King

By that, I meant by her use of a tennis racket and golf club, which relates to Mario Tennis and Golf. Not sure what could be pulled out of the Party series, or Kart. After all, yin Mario Kart, there's an emphasis on the use of items to get ahead and some of said items are already in smash's item stock. Course, my thinking could be wrong about this, but I don't really see a moveset potential from those

I suppose you are right.

My idea mostly consisted of randomized attacks think Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy Dissidia via Mario Party dice blocks, for random strength and effects of his wildcard moves

The new pic of the day wouldn't load for me either earlier. But I haven't tried again yet. xP

Still, I'm glad Waluigi is still an assist. He's funny, imo, but other characters deserve to be playable before he does, namely Daisy and Bowser Jr.

EDIT: Yeah, it's still not updating for me. :/ Damn it, if Ike is revealed tomorrow, I don't want to miss it! UGH.

Edited by Anacybele

I wouldn't mind an origin story thing. Soul Calibur II did this and I thought it was neat. It said Link traveled away from Hyrule after learning about the evil blade Soul Edge so he could find and destroy it.

I wouldn't mind an origin story thing. Soul Calibur II did this and I thought it was neat. It said Link traveled away from Hyrule after learning about the evil blade Soul Edge so he could find and destroy it.

maybe they would do something like that in adventure mode? Nice little intro and a tiny little ending.

Since we know Subspace is gone, the CG team could do some neat little short endings like in F-Zero GX or other fighting games where you get serious endings or just plain quirky scenarios.

Edited by kingddd

[spoiler=a eulogy for waluigi]I don't think coming up with a moveset would've been the biggest killer for waluigi, or almost any potential character really, even if they didn't use anything slightly inspired by any previous games (though I think it'd be more likely than not that they'd get at least something out of them). Fox and Falcon in the first game had at that point never been controlled outside of a vehicle, and they basically created everything about Falcon but his appearance out of thin air, and both of their playstyles/movesets have held up pretty well (fox being an example of a character who got a good deal of inspiration from his games, with the lasers and reflector, and falcon being a good example of them just totally making shit up). And plenty of other characters have had moves that didn't really come from anywhere, like Luigi's and Peach's side-b's, and fuck knows how much else.

They could've dragged stuff out of nowhere for Waluigi, or have him riff on somebody else's style,* they just didn't for whatever reason. (Not to sound resentful or anything, just sayin)

*I'm imagining, for example, an incarnation of Wario's moveset that's bent (even) more towards an almost runaway style, with better range and ground game maybe? at the expense of having a glass jaw compared to Wario. Like, have Wario stay an evasive character with great aerial maneuverability, but be one who sticks to you, and avoids your attacks in the hopes of catching you and doing some damage, while Waluigi could use it in conjunction with better range to be (even) more of a "melee turtle," and an even better edgeguarding master. Maybe with a couple tools to A) escape pressure, B) get the opponent (and the fight) offstage, like maybe a special that somehow gets them behind him, and/or the dreaded chaingrab, and then C) gimp/edgeguard them like an asshole.

So DDD, except not a fuckbutt bird shitlord fuck

I never exactly pinned my hopes on Waluigi, but Wario was one of the best additions to Smash in Brawl for me, and I was thinking that Waluigi might be a nice opportunity for them to make another character with a unique/out there playstyle. Not horribly broken up about him being an assist again, but I do think he has a bit more potential than either "nothing" or "sports games character."

I'm guess my opinion doesn't really fall either way, regarding the single-player going either crossover odyssey or just something arcadey where it may or may not be implied the game is literally somebody playing with toys

What picture and comment? All I see is the one that relates to infinite jabs, I wanna see Sakurai trash Waluigi!

The new pic of the day wouldn't load for me either earlier. But I haven't tried again yet. xP

EDIT: Yeah, it's still not updating for me. :/

Same for me. Clearing my browser's cache didn't even help.

You can check on Miiverse, though. The "Director's Room", here. Just sign in.

He's funny, imo, but other characters deserve to be playable before he does, namely Daisy and Bowser Jr.

What.

Like, I don't really care if anyone doesn't like Waluigi, but I have no idea how you can honestly think that DAISY of all people is more important than he is.

What.

Like, I don't really care if anyone doesn't like Waluigi, but I have no idea how you can honestly think that DAISY of all people is more important than he is.

Waluigi was created simply so Wario had a partner a la Luigi to Mario for games like Mario Kart: Double Dash. Daisy, meanwhile, was actually in a main-stream game and wasn't created simply as filler, unlike Waluigi. You do realize that Super Mario Land exists, right? Where Daisy filled Peach's shoes as the princess in need of saving. And she's been around a HELL of a lot longer than your precious Waluigi. Super Mario Land is for the original Game Boy and Daisy's been appearing in spin-offs ever since. Though not all of them, admittedly.

Waluigi has yet to even show up in one of Wario's games.

I have no idea how anyone can think Waluigi of all people is more important than Daisy.

On another note, pic update or no pic update on our browsers, let's all pick a god and pray for Ike tomorrow! :3

Edited by Anacybele

This fighting between Waluigi and Daisy. Is a bit ridiculous.

Waluigi has only been in spinoffs yes.

Daisy however is pretty much Peach with a different coat of paint and a tomboy edge unless its peoples head canon.

Between the two Waluigi has more personality but that is neither here nor there, Waluigi is disconfirmed and Daisy will most likely remain a pallet of Peach. So both are there in spirit if nothing else.

Waluigi is basically Wario with a different coat of paint and a taller, skinnier body too. And I don't see much difference in his personality and Wario's, whereas I've seen plenty of difference between Daisy and Peach. Peach is all girly-girl while Daisy seems tomboyish, louder, and prouder. She also seems like she'd be more interested in fighting against the baddies than Peach.

But yes, an argument is ridiculous, I don't think either Daisy OR Waluigi will ever be playable in Smash Bros. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Waluigi was created simply so Wario had a partner a la Luigi to Mario for games like Mario Kart: Double Dash. Daisy, meanwhile, was actually in a main-stream game and wasn't created simply as filler, unlike Waluigi. You do realize that Super Mario Land exists, right? Where Daisy filled Peach's shoes as the princess in need of saving. And she's been around a HELL of a lot longer than your precious Waluigi. Super Mario Land is for the original Game Boy and Daisy's been appearing in spin-offs ever since. Though not all of them, admittedly.

Daisy may have originated in a platformer(IIRC, the SML games aren't listed among that list in the Wii SMAS game that supposedly proves there's a distinction between main games and spin-offs). However, in pretty much every game since then, she's just as much filler as Waluigi is.

Waluigi is basically Wario with a different coat of paint and a taller, skinnier body too.

And Daisy is Peach in a orange dress with brown hair.

And I don't see much difference in his personality and Wario's, whereas I've seen plenty of difference between Daisy and Peach.

Wario is obsessively greedy and has comically poor hygiene and health. Waluigi is often characterized as something of a troll, seeking to bring misery to other people(especially Luigi).

Also, fun fact: Daisy's modern "tomboy" design is lifted almost entirely from the Mario Golf character Azalea.

Daisy may have originated in a platformer(IIRC, the SML games aren't listed among that list in the Wii SMAS game that supposedly proves there's a distinction between main games and spin-offs). However, in pretty much every game since then, she's just as much filler as Waluigi is.

But Waluigi originated as filler, while Daisy did not. She started off much the same way as Luigi, as a simple palette swap of another character. Nintendo has just neglected to differetiate her from Peach as much as they have done so to Luigi to make him less of another Mario.

And Daisy is Peach in a orange dress with brown hair.

I never said she wasn't.

Wario is obsessively greedy and has comically poor hygiene and health. Waluigi is often characterized as something of a troll, seeking to bring misery to other people(especially Luigi).

I've seen Waluigi characterized as greedy and such as well.

Also, fun fact: Daisy's modern "tomboy" design is lifted almost entirely from the Mario Golf character Azalea.

I didn't know this, but I see nothing wrong with basing one character off of another. I've done this myself.

But Waluigi originated as filler, while Daisy did not. She started off much the same way as Luigi, as a simple palette swap of another character.

I'd question how starting off as a palette swap in a game that, by the only objective standard we have for such a thing, is not considered a "main" Mario game is any better than starting off as "filler."

Nintendo has just neglected to differetiate her from Peach as much as they have done so to Luigi to make him less of another Mario.

What is =/= what could be. Not sure why you bothered bringing this up.

I've seen Waluigi characterized as greedy and such as well.

I'd like a more specific example than that. It could be that Waluigi has been characterized as greedy(I don't really follow Mario spinoffs very well, so I don't know. I'm just going based of what MarioWiki had to say on the characters), but somehow I doubt it's to the same extent as Wario.

What I was trying to imply was that Daisy really should be more important than Nintendo is making her out to be. They're unfairly neglecting her. :( She's supposed to be Peach's best friend, but why aren't they ever seen together outside of spin-offs? It makes no sense.

But whatever, this isn't really on topic.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to check Miiverse this time instead of the Smash Bros. site for the new pic of the day. Stupid site still won't update for me.

Edited by Anacybele

...there are people that like Waluigi? MORE BURN

Yes. There are plenty of people who legitimately like Waluigi. Not sure what you're implying here. Are you saying there's something wrong with Waluigi supporters? Or is this in reference to Sakurai's alleged "burn" for the PotD today?

What I was trying to imply was that Daisy really should be more important than Nintendo is making her out to be. They're unfairly neglecting her. :( She's supposed to be Peach's best friend, but why aren't they ever seen together outside of spin-offs? It makes no sense.

Again, what is =/= what could or should be. What role you think Daisy should have is irrelevant to her chances for Smash.

But whatever, this isn't really on topic.

You still haven't answered my question:

I'd like a more specific example than that. It could be that Waluigi has been characterized as greedy(I don't really follow Mario spinoffs very well, so I don't know. I'm just going based of what MarioWiki had to say on the characters), but somehow I doubt it's to the same extent as Wario.