SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Speaking of final smashes I hope Pits became the three sacred treasures or the Great Sacred Treasure.

If Palutena is playable, he will probably need a new one (plus his old one is kinda lame)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ike's Great Aether gets a little buff. For being a powerhouse, Ike sure doesn't have a very powerful FS. It could use a little more oomph.

If Chrom is playable, he better not steal it. Chrom's regular Aether isn't even close to Ike's. Plus, Ike is the first Aether guy, so it was his first. Chrom should get something original.

Speaking of Ike, time to pick a god and pray for him tomorrow! :3

Edited by Anacybele

Are you guys serious? That move only does like a total of 40% damage. :/

Plus, Ike plunges his victims downward in the end, so it's rarely ever enough to actually KO people. It's awesome that he can nab three people in it at once though. :P

Edited by Anacybele

There are plenty of stages with elevation, The knock back from it is good and it does 40% I seem to recall it doing more actually

Many characters don't even get that. It usually results in triple Ko's

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Not in competitive smash, which are normally one vs one matches. And people rarely use the stages with elevation in said matches. And even the official Brawl strategy guide acknowledges that Ike's FS is a bit weak.

I'm not saying it needs a huge buff. Just make it do a little more damage, that's all.

Edited by Anacybele

"Pic of the day. Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away."

daily_zps5dbf0c82.jpg

"The trick in activating these punches is to avoid tilting the controls diagonally from the get go--instead, tilt up or down right after the smash attack starts kicking in. You can also tilt up or down while you're powering up."

It's almost literally like a street fighter move, with light/medium/hard variants

Uk8OuQN.gif

Hope it has some cool properties

Great Aether actually does closer to 70%. It's admittedly not the best KO move of all the final smashes, particularly if the victims hold away and end up flying diagonally (which means they have to get hit harder to go far enough to die, Pythagorean theorem etc.), but it's great as a finishing move (of which Ike doesn't have a terrible number that are really easy to hit with normally) and it has an awesome-size, unblockable, fast-appearing hitbox, so it's easy to hit with.

Maybe it could use a buff if your baseline is, like, Super Sonic or Wario Man or Grenade Launcher, but it's no slouch by any stretch. I'd estimate it being a better killer, alongside being easier-to-use, than like half the cast's

Exactly. Maybe more people would if some of them were given a buff or something.

E: Now I get what you meant, like "their effectivenesses are unequal across the cast." I think something that would be a more well-received step towards trying to get final shames accepted would be to nerf, like, all of them, though.

(many of the reasons why they're banned are separate from their actual power, and moreso the whole implementation of the mechanic, but that might be a different discussion)

Edited by Rehab

The only final smashes that I think need buffs are Octopus, Peach Blossom and Power Suit Samus. Great Aether is honestly a good final smash that might even be a bit too strong. It's a near guaranteed KO like most final smashes are.

Exactly. Maybe more people would if some of them were given a buff or something.

You missed my sarcasm dear. Competitive matches don't have any items at all.

I think the main reason why people don't use them in comp is because it creates a distraction to what comp player feels is a good combat. Players will try to get the Smash Ball instead of just focusing on KOing the adversary. But the fact that they're hugely imbalanced across the cast is surely another reason.

You missed my sarcasm dear. Competitive matches don't have any items at all.

Actually, I knew that items weren't used in competitive matches. I DID used to play Brawl competitively, after all. But I think the Smash Ball could be an exception with a few tweaks.

Edited by Anacybele

The Octopus ain't need shit, brother, it's an unstoppable wall of death and misery

Aside: I have an outsize love for how dynamic Mac's poses (and, I'm assuming, animations) are

God, everything about his implementation feels better than I would've dared hope

Freddie Mercury fist pump.jpg

Well yeah, I never said EVERY FS needed a buff. :P

I think some should be changed though. Like Falco and Wolf's. Why the fuck do we have three Landmaster users?

The only final smashes that I think need buffs are Octopus, Peach Blossom and Power Suit Samus. Great Aether is honestly a good final smash that might even be a bit too strong. It's a near guaranteed KO like most final smashes are.

The Smash Bros Brawl guide says that Great Aether actually has a low potential to KO. Shows what Nintendo knows about their own games, I guess.

The Smash Bros Brawl guide says that Great Aether actually has a low potential to KO. Shows what Nintendo knows about their own games, I guess.

It's true though. It DOES have low KO potential. I should know, I used Ike to death in lots of matches and I only KO'd people with Great Aether maybe a little less than half the time.

Honestly I feel if any FS needs a fs buff its Mario. Its hardly threatening as cool as it looks

I second this. His cape is scarier than his FS. well, maybe more annoying than scary

Edited by Comet

Except it wasn't written by Nintendo. :P