SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Honestly, I can't see what the difference would be except cosmetically?

Just realized that since it is a Final Smash(at least it is highly probable), it could very well have been Megazard Y that comes and Heat Wave the whole stage

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized that since it is a Final Smash(at least it is highly probable), it could very well have been Megazard Y that comes and Heat Wave the whole stage

Aha, I figured the Final Smash was a transformation thing, but they're not doing that anymore so uh, go me.

Aha, I figured the Final Smash was a transformation thing, but they're not doing that anymore so uh, go me.

I was confused myself since Sakurai stated there would no longer be in-game transformation, but I think that only applies to transformation where the result is a completely new character, since the trailer shows Mega Lucario(which seems like a transformation) and Little Mac's Giga Mac.

Huh, that's true. Sakurai confuses me. The way you explained it makes sense to me, although who really knows with Sakurai.

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me.

Because they aren't Megaman.

I don't think Pokemon Trainer is coming back if mid-battle transformations(excluding Final Smashes of course) aren't a thing. I assume switching Pokemon counts as that.

I honestly don't see why we can't just slap a Pokemon Trainer into the background for each Pokemon on the field.

We could have Red for Pikachu/Charizard, Dawn/Lucas/Riley for Lucario and Calum/Serena for Greninja.

But what about ROSA she's "CLEARLY" the best trainer there ever was! In Poke-America!

Well, I might as well give my thoughts. And in no particular order unless stated...

• First off, yay that the 3DS version comes out first, so I can delay on buying a Wii U that much more.
  • OMG, I am so psyched for Greninja! He looks great, although I hope I can get used to him even though I didn't really like Sheik that much. Either way, it should be fine.
  • Charizard coming back alone was nice to see, because I thought he might get cut completely because of the whole transformation thing. I kinda wish he had Mega Zard Y though for his Final Smash just to give it some love, but whatever. Maybe it can appear as a custom moveset option.
  • Having the transformations split off from each other is pretty cool, and now I can get to ZSS right away or not have to worry about accidentally pressing B-down as Zelda. I wonder what ZSS' Final Smash is gonna be, unless they decide to keep her ball-of-energy thing. Also Sheik, because I feel if one of the two would keep the Light Arrows, it would be Zelda.
  • OMG, Mega Man's Final Smash is the best ever. I did not see it coming in the slightest. I thought he was just going to put on the Rush Adapter and do that stuff, but this is great. And I looooooooove seeing Megaman.EXE and Starforce Mega Man being represented, though I feel that Starforce honestly should've been one of the Mega Men from ZX/Advent.
  • Smash Run looks awesome, being just like City Trial, the only reason I go back to Air Ride every now and then. It even has events and stuff. I'm definitely going to be playing that a lot.
  • Custom movesets seems pretty interesting, although I hope it isn't just for the Wii U, which is what it seems to be at the moment. Stuff like Marth's Shield Breaker becoming a lunge and Mario's fireballs changing properties is just awesome. I totally want to see all of the possible options.
  • The new items, assist trophies, and Pokeball Pokemon seem cool, especially with that Master Ball. It's probably going to be a rare occurrence though.
  • Little Mac being OP as heck on the ground and useless in the air is a really interesting gimmick, though that might lower my chances of using him that much unless I change my play just for him, because if I use characters that need to move around a ton, I usually make them jump around. Otherwise pretty cool.
  • Lucario's aura stuff being greatly expanded on is nice to see. And his final smash (I'm calling it because it's way obvious) becoming Mega Luke is pretty cool, though it sounds like it becomes not as useful the more trouble he's in, because it sounds like it doesn't do much but automatically making him be at full strength.
  • Final Destination versions of almost every stage sounds really rad, and I hope I can do it outside of For Glory mode.
  • The massive online changes are pretty cool, though if I play I'd probably stick to For Fun mode, and only pop into For Glory every now and then.
  • The other character changes/info received is pretty cool, but I don't care that much about them besides the whole gliding thing with Pit (and I assume Charizard and Meta Knight) tbh.

As for character cuts, I'm thinking Ike, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake are cut for sure, and Wolf, Lucas, ROB, and Ice Climbers are possible cuts. These are just my personal opinions though. A nagging thing about Jigglypuff and G&W being slightly possible cuts is in the back of my head, but I doubt that'll happen. I just want to know of all the returners before release, and about other secrets. Like what if Mewtwo is a super secret character and we have no clue until like a week or whatever after the game comes out. And who all are actually default characters and who needs to be unlocked and how.

Edited by Konnor97

You know, I once heard that Sakurai is a big fan of FE. If this is the case, he sure isn't showing it very well.

I'm not sure I'm getting either version of the game now though. Little has really interested me so far.

Except they are. Well, Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe are anyway.

About Pokemon Trainer, Mega Evolution requires there to be a Trainer with a Mega Ring.

Well, this wouldn't be the first time Smash Bros. has broken from canon.

Huh, no they are not. Model X is based on... well, X instead of Megaman. X might be based on Megaman but including characters who are based on X and not of Megaman directly is pushing it. And Model A is clearly based on Axl.

Edited by BrightBow

Huh, no they are not. Model X is based on... well, X instead of Megaman. X might be based on Megaman but including characters who are based on X and not of Megaman directly is pushing it. And Model A is clearly based on Axl.

No, they are Mega Men. Doesn't matter who they're based on. ANYONE in the ZX series who can Megamerge is a Mega Man. That's just how the series works. It's similar to how the title of Mega Man works in the Legends series from what I understand(since that series has multiple MM as well).

No, they are Mega Men. Doesn't matter who they're based on. ANYONE in the ZX series who can Megamerge is a Mega Man. That's just how the series works. It's similar to how the title of Mega Man works in the Legends series from what I understand(since that series has multiple MM as well).

Of course it does matter who they are based on. The characters in the final smash are those characters which are directly based on Megaman. The ZX characters are not based on the blue bomber, so they do not belong together with them.

Of course it does matter who they are based on. The characters in the final smash are those characters which are directly based on Megaman. The ZX characters are not based on the blue bomber, so they do not belong together with them.

:facepalm:

Wow, nice moving the goalpost. So now instead of them not being included in the FS because they aren't Mega Man(which they are), now they're not included because they aren't based on the original Megaman?

:facepalm:

Wow, nice moving the goalpost. So now instead of them not being included in the FS because they aren't Mega Man(which they are), now they're not included because they aren't based on the original Megaman?

WHAT!?!

When did I EVER claim everything else? And when would this ever have been relevant for the issue at hand?

Edited by BrightBow

WHAT!?!

When did I EVER claim everything else? And when would this ever have been relevant for the issue at hand?

In the context of the original discussion you were clearly implying that they weren't in the Final Smash because they don't qualify as Mega Men. If you wanted to argue something else, you should have made that clearer.

Wow, heated argument much? :P

Anyway, I just thought. Since Samus and Zero Suit Samus are separate now, what could the latter's Final Smash be? I don't think Sakurai mentioned it.

Anyway, I just thought. Since Samus and Zero Suit Samus are separate now, what could the latter's Final Smash be? I don't think Sakurai mentioned it.

she'll get a landmaster nah I kid. Hopefully it's something unique this time rather than just glowing around herself.

Edited by kingddd

Hard not to make an argument heated when you're listening to the 1812 overture. :p

Edit: Plus ZX is my favourite Megaman sub-series, so it really rustles my jimmies to see people who obviously don't know much about the series act like they do.

Edited by shinpichu

she'll get a landmaster nah I kid. Hopefully it's something unique this time rather than just glowing around herself.

Her final smash will be Adam and Anthony coming to save her