SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised at the people asking about Ike.

Japanese gamers asking for Ike warmed my heart a little. But I'm still hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Oh, right. Um...oh, I'd like to actually try out Falco (I think he's going to stay). I liked his Brawl quotes. :P

Boston accent birdman twirling move better stay. It was my favourite move to fool around with people.

I doubt Falco, or any surviving Melee participant, is getting cut now. So let's see here:

64 vets to be confirmed:

C. Falcon

Ness

Jigglypuff

Melee vets to be confirmed:

Ganondorf

Falco

Ice Climbers

Mr. Game & Watch

7 more characters who, in my mind, are guaranteed returnees. I'm actually pretty surprised that we haven't seen the captain and Ness yet. They were unlockables in the first but available immediately in Melee and Brawl and no one else is around to represent their series.

Japanese gamers asking for Ike warmed my heart a little. But I'm still hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Same.

Still, knowing how many people Sakurai would be disappointing by discluding Ike makes me think that his chances are still up there.

You can't just take out a part of the triforce.

^ this

Removing Ganon for a character like Ghirahim would be an incredibly shortsighted decision. Ghirahim was a cool character with an interesting skillset and all, but Ganondorf is just a timeless villain. There is absolutely no reason for him not to come back.

Edited by BANRYU

The idea of someone like Ghirahim replacing Ganondorf is just absurd if you ask me. Ghirahim is a comically evil one-off villain who, as far as I'm concerned, deserves no more than a trophy, if even that. Not to say Zelda needs a new rep at all, but unfortunately, other potentials like Fi and Skull Kid (not that I was ever hoping for Fi, but she'd be preferable to Ghirahim) have already been de-confirmed as playables.

King of Red Lions? I always wanted to be a boat.

The idea of someone like Ghirahim replacing Ganondorf is just absurd if you ask me. Ghirahim is a comically evil one-off villain who, as far as I'm concerned, deserves no more than a trophy, if even that. Not to say Zelda needs a new rep at all, but unfortunately, other potentials like Fi and Skull Kid (not that I was ever hoping for Fi, but she'd be preferable to Ghirahim) have already been de-confirmed as playables.

King of Red Lions? I always wanted to be a boat.

King of Red Lions DOCKS IN.

And if we need a comedic and yet amazing villain let's just grab Hades from Kid Icarus.

Ganondorf's not going anywhere (he's unfortunately probably not going to get a unique moveset either, but I digress). He's not only BY FAR the biggest villain of the Zelda series, he's the second most famous and recognizable Nintendo villain altogether after Bowser.

SSB4_-_Balloon_Fight_Stage.jpg

Today's Pic of the Day features the Balloon Fighter Stage. It has no side boundaries so moving past the left side of the screen puts you on the right side. This means that you can only KO opponents vertically.

That's certainly new for the series. At least no BS walk-off KOs can happen this time, though I doubt it'll be tourney-friendly lol.

Still, what a nice touch. This stage is looking more and more interesting....

EDIT: Also can I just say

Ghirahim >>>>>>>> Fi as a character.

Any likable qualities she had are FAR overshadowed by her endlessly-patronizing nattering over inclement weather and wiimote batteries.

Edited by BANRYU

Looks like the next few weeks will be Sakurai just repeating stuff we already saw in the Direct.

It would have been nice if Sakurai confirmed whether or not you can be KO'ed off the left or right blast zones or not, but alas....

I thought Falco was Italian? His last name is Lombardi which sounds like it to me. :P

I still think Ike is staying.

Why would Ganondorf get cut? He's a two-time Smasher and a big part of the Zelda series.

I thought Falco was Italian? His last name is Lombardi which sounds like it to me. :P

I still think Ike is staying.

Why would Ganondorf get cut? He's a two-time Smasher and a big part of the Zelda series.

Maybe if there is a space Italy, Falco's offical back story is that he was a gang member before joining the starfox team and is their ace pilot, he and Fox regularly scrap as the comic and manga (Farewell Beloved Falco) shows. They eventually become buddy buddy but it takes awhile.

I like Ghirahim, but I consider the chances of him getting in to be very small. He's in important villain in Skyward Sword, but he's not all that important to the Zelda franchise aside from that game. Ganondorf on the other hand is one of Nintendo's most recurring bad guys and he's been playable twice before so I don't think they'll scrap him.

I think Vaati would get in before Ghirahim anyway. Vaati is the most important villain after G-Dorf with three games. He even teamed up with Ganon in Four Swords Adventures.

I am a little bit surprised that still people think Ike will return.

Roy did not return in SSBB, because he was outdated, when SSBB came out. Ike replaced him, because the Tellius series was up to date at this moment. And six years later the Tellius series is outdated and there is no way to bring out a sequel of Radiant Dawn. That would not be fair and consequent by Nintendo, if Ike would stay while Roy was dropped.

A character of Awakening will join. It is only the question which character.

I think Ganondorf will stay in SSB, because he is the most evil villain of Nintendo and this game needs villains. It is the same reason, why Wolf should return. But Ganondorf needs a new moveset. He was just a copycat of Captain Falcon, who reminded me on a slow version of a character in the "Street Fighter" series. Ganondorf has to get attacks with his sword.

If Ike replaced Roy, then did Pokemon Trainer replace Pichu?

I'm not buying the Ike=Roy comparison. As a Roy supporter, the two are hardly comparable. Ike has a leading role in two games, unlike Roy. Also, he was the only FE character besides Marth to get a confirmed descendant in Awakening in the form of Priam.

A character of Awakening will join. It is only the question which character.

Nice to know you're working as part of the development team. Could you also clear up that whole Ridley thing for us while you're sharing this knowledge with us?

Edited by shinpichu

2 games is hardly enough for a "tradition" to become unbreakable. Metroid, DK, and Earthbound all only had one character in 64 and Melee, yet they got new characters in Brawl. By your logic, shouldn't Metroid + DK + Mother only getting one character each have been a "tradition" by that point?

Never mind that we know that Sakurai had more than two FE characters planned for Brawl.