SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Looking more legit?

Wasn't it said there was no planned DLC and having internal conflict between Lucas/Ness THIS late in the game development? Really? I think he just sealed his fate, in my opinion. Why would someone send him and e-mail after the event anyhow?

It was before the event. Check the timestamp on the post. 10:09 AM CST, while the event was at 11 AM CST.

He also said there "has been." Could have been in the past.

Sakurai said he had no plans for DLC early on in development IIRC, but that could easily have changed.

He also got Mii Fighter's name right. That adds to his cred.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was before the event. Check the timestamp on the post. 10:09 AM CST, while the event was at 11 AM CST.

Sakurai said he had no plans for DLC early on in development IIRC, but that could easily have changed.

Thank you for the clarification, I'm still sceptical however, but that's mainly because of Chorus Men.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

Going by that liveblog, PacMan is one of those silly/simple animation characters like G&W, which makes sense because they were revealed around the same time.

Edit: Sweet, all characters have 12 different special variations, 3 for each special.

Edited by Konnor97

I still say, until I see the Rhythm Heaven Chorus Men, I strongly doubt his cred. Much of his predictions have not been any that anyone hasn't aside from the Wii Fit Trainer. Also he did not predict Rosalina who is a pretty notable character not to "leak". If he's betting on those Chorus Men, if they're revealed, I will believe in his credibility. For now, I'm not a believer.

Pac Man now, too? That just leaves Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men I believe. I still would prefer Lucina to Chrom, but at least it's not the Avatar/Tactician, and Shulk is probably my #1 most wanted newcomer (besides Geno and Isaac, but Isaac's chances are 0 and Geno's are even lower). Chorus Men seem kind of lame, but the game won't be ruined just because one newcomer I don't like is likely to get in. And there still might be more newcomers that weren't part of the leak, like how Rosalina wasn't part of it.

I still say, until I see the Rhythm Heaven Chorus Men, I strongly doubt his cred. Much of his predictions have not been any that anyone hasn't aside from the Wii Fit Trainer. Also he did not predict Rosalina who is a pretty notable character not to "leak". If he's betting on those Chorus Men, if they're revealed, I will believe in his credibility. For now, I'm not a believer.

Missing Rosalina doesn't hurt his cred. He never said his initial batch were all the newcomers, and why bother leaking her in the second batch if she was already revealed? You may as well say he loses credibility for not just leaking all newcomers at once.

Mii Fighters cannot be used in With Anyone online play.

Palutena's customization options are totally unique, unlike other characters who just have slight variations.

Custom movesets can be transferred between Wii U and 3DS using Amiibo.

Edited by Palutena

Mii Fighters cannot be used in With Anyone online play.

Palutena's customization options are totally unique, unlike other characters who just have slight variations.

Custom movesets can be transferred between Wii U and 3DS.

So she has bigger variations?

Imagine the number of people fashioning genitalia on Miis. That's one good reason.

Yeah, I would have to agree there. That would just be disgusting.

No miis online? Well it looks like everyone's biggest complaint with Miis is null and void now. No need to worry about Mii spam online.

Missing Rosalina doesn't hurt his cred. He never said his initial batch were all the newcomers, and why bother leaking her in the second batch if she was already revealed? You may as well say he loses credibility for not just leaking all newcomers at once.

I still believe that he made a lucky guess on the Wii Fit Trainer. Rosalina is not a character you'd miss to reveal/leak. Plus he did not flat out say Greninja and merely said XY Pokémon if you want to spit hairs at his leak. That's like saying Fire Emblem lord then having Chrom revealed.

I don't mean to offend you, but I'm a skeptic. Like I said, unless Chorus Men is confirmed, I lack the faith in his crediblity.

Edited by Naui

they had high expectations and expected their favourite character will show up in the direct/trailer.

and pauletena is a bitchy mary sue. she's such a shitty character and the favoritism for her in KIU is so bad it's not even trying to be subtle. but but but...

https://twitter.com/SmashMiiverse/status/476550266112589824/photo/1

Link to Pac-Man and Mr. Game and Watch's renders.

FINALLY GOOD NEWS ABOUT THIS GAME ☆_____☆

after so much disappointment something good jesus christ...

ZOMG DA HOPE FOR SHULK!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH PLS SHULK

Also, I feel that if Chrom gets into SSB, I'll like him in teh same way I liked Mii Fighters ._.

EDIT: pls may the whatever leak be true we need shulk shulk shulk

Edited by Quintessence

I still believe that he made a lucky guess on the Wii Fit Trainer. Rosalina is not a character you'd miss to reveal/leak. Plus he did not flat out say Greninja and merely said XY Pokémon if you want to spit hairs at his leak. That's like saying Fire Emblem lord then having Chrom revealed.

I don't mean to offend you, but I'm a skeptic. Like I said, unless Chorus Men is confirmed, I lack the faith in his crediblity.

So basically you're skeptical because he/she wasn't direct with who exactly it was?