SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Say what you will about people who complain mercilessly for Ridley, but Metroid only really has 1 representative, and if Star Fox can get 3, I think Metroid should be able to get a not-Samus.

Pls tell me you said this because you read my post everyone seemed to ignore xDDDD

"Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger. --> Ridley confirmed!

ridley_by_bonny_john_by_bonnyjohn-d6egk4

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pls tell me you said this because you read my post everyone seemed to ignore xDDDD

"Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger. --> Ridley confirmed!

Ridley is always confirmed

rynYJ4w.gif

Personally though even though I'm a big metroid fan I could not care about Ridley. If he does make it in..oh neat would be my reaction. Other than that, I will be pretty indifferent. I mean sure he had a certain character and personality in the original manga but nothing made me care about him in the game other than backstory lore of killing Samus's parents.

Uh, I'm confused here. Why do people think Sakurai was referencing Ridley? I thought he was clearly referring to the tall fairy in that screenshot.

Uh, I'm confused here. Why do people think Sakurai was referencing Ridley? I thought he was clearly referring to the tall fairy in that screenshot.

it's obviously Ridley in a dress

So, Game & Watch is pretty much confirmed, just not on the website.

Wario's probably not going anywhere, since Ashley is an assist trophy. And Waluigi has the WarioWare symbol instead of the Mushroom Kingdom symbol.

I really hope we see a veteran next. I really don't care for anymore newcomers. Though I am glad about Palutena, Little Mac, and Rosalina.

I wish we would get Hyrule Warriors Zelda in Sm4sh instead of the inferior TP Zelda :(

Really? I like Twilight Princess Zelda. idk, the brown hair feels more natural to me. Twilight Princess was the very first Zelda game I've played, so yeah. It WOULD be nice to see Hyrule Warriors Zelda as the new design, but wasn't Zelda confirmed BEFORE they showed Zelda playable in Hyrule Warriors?

Like for Palutena's case that she can control gravity and create storms at will, but Nintendo never takes it too far to make it too far-fetched and that Palutena is too kind hearted to do that to them anyway. Come to think of it, nobody's seen her Final Smash yet. It could be a thunderstorm. Who knows?

Palutenas Final Smash has been seen. It's the Black hole/Mega laser combo.

It's because of the main argument against Ridley, "he's too big!". Whenever Sakurai explicitly mentions size or height, it's just ritual for people to make their rounds about how Ridley is confirmed because Sakurai says size doesn't matter

I wouldn't use the size thing as evidence as much as I would use the blatant hyping in the Smash direct. Someone's said it before, not sure if it was on this forum, but they didn't flat out say Ridley was a boss. They were just like "There's gonna be other stage bosses by the wayyyyyy" and Ridley's shadow flew by.

In the same direct where they said "Zero Suit Samus will not be returning", and then they were like "just kidding"

I mean as a believer of the Gematsu leak I doubt Ridley's inclusion but if I wasn't I would be excited for him.

Well there is no real reason to believe Ridley isnt be playable. He has been confirmed in the game and Sakurai has trolled HARD about the things.

-The size argument is stupid because tons of characters have been redesigned for smash, for small to big like Olimar, Kirby or Pikachu and from big to small like Ganondorf or Bowser, so its pretty stupid to believe that. Extra thing: Ridley was already redesigned for a suitable size in Melee.

-Sakurai has given a lot of preference to Metroid in this smash and has stated in a lot "Pic of the day" that size doesnt follow logic in smash/nor is a problem

-Sakurai is trolling with Ridley being an hazzard, becuase he knows Ridley is one (If not the most) of the most popular newcomers for people, plus he has been in every single smash, almost all Metroid games and he already did this with Toon Link, being showed as a stage hazzard and then as a character.

-It isnt the first time people ask about Ridley, it was even stated in interviews for Sakurai since Melee and Brawl, he knows about Ridley existence by far

-Smashboards took Ridley´s shadow from the smash direct, it has the same size Bowser´s shadow has --> Redesigned confirmed?

In the end Sakurai will do whatever he wants, but there is no real reason why Ridley shouldnt be in the game, if he isnt is because Sakurai simply doesnt want to, because there is a bunch of reasons why he should be.

I really hope he gets in, but if he doesnt "its ok" I will accept it xD, but I really believe this is the perfect time for making hm playable

Well there is no real reason to believe Ridley isnt be playable. He has been confirmed in the game and Sakurai has trolled HARD about the things.

-Sakurai is trolling with Ridley being an hazzard, becuase he knows Ridley is one (If not the most) of the most popular newcomers for people, plus he has been in every single smash, almost all Metroid games and he already did this with Toon Link, being showed as a stage hazzard and then as a character.

Actually, Ridley's only appeared in 5 of the 9 nine main Metroid titles, he's appeared as a background prop in SSB64, the intro video of Melee and as two bosses in Brawl. Whilst that's a fair amount of exposure, there's still a good chance Ridley's staying as a stage prop. There are multiple versions of TL so the train driver doesn't seem too out of place, but since there's only one Ridley in Metroid canon (they're all the same dude except for the robot clones), it'd be a little odd to have a PC appear on stage as well.

Actually, Ridley's only appeared in 5 of the 9 nine main Metroid titles, he's appeared as a background prop in SSB64, the intro video of Melee and as two bosses in Brawl. Whilst that's a fair amount of exposure, there's still a good chance Ridley's staying as a stage prop. There are multiple versions of TL so the train driver doesn't seem too out of place, but since there's only one Ridley in Metroid canon (they're all the same dude except for the robot clones), it'd be a little odd to have a PC appear on stage as well.

He appears in Original, in Zero Mission, in Super Metroid, In Fusion, in Other M, Hunters, Pinball and Metroid Prime... Thats more than 5... Anyways, he has been popped in the smash since always and he is definetely the villain of the Metroid Series, which is the point im getting at.

And the Toon Link version you are wrong man... Because when you use Toon Link in that stage, Alonzo (LEAVE IT TO ME) gets in charge of the train, so that Toon Link is the SAME one who is driving the train when he isnt playing at the moment, and he is the Link from Spirit Tracks (Which is the same timeline of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass); so even if Ridley was a stage hazzard that doesnt mean he cant be playable as well, specially considering the Ridley from Other M (Which is where the stage comes from) is a clone from the original one

For those who are Metroid fans (I haven't had the opportunity to get into it quite yet), who would you have be a second Metroid rep besides Ridley?

There is literally no one unless you take some random one-off character like a hunter from Hunters or someone from Other M. Or a space pirate, which would basically be like playing as a morph or risen from Fire Emblem.

And the Toon Link version you are wrong man... Because when you use Toon Link in that stage, Alonzo (LEAVE IT TO ME) gets in charge of the train, so that Toon Link is the SAME one who is driving the train when he isnt playing at the moment, and he is the Link from Spirit Tracks (Which is the same timeline of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass); so even if Ridley was a stage hazzard that doesnt mean he cant be playable as well, specially considering the Ridley from Other M (Which is where the stage comes from) is a clone from the original one

Spirit Tracks TL doesn't have, nor get the Master Sword. The game is set a hundred years after Phantom Hourglass anyway, so WW/PH TL =/= ST TL

Also, remember this taunt

screen-2.jpg

He appears in Original, in Zero Mission, in Super Metroid, In Fusion, in Other M, Hunters, Pinball and Metroid Prime...

Thing is, Zero Mission is a remake of the original Metroid (so it technically doesn't count as it's own game), and I'm 100% sure that Metroid Pinball is not a canon game in the Metroid series (since it's freaking pinball).

Oh, and you missed Metroid Prime 3 off of your list.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yeah, the Link in Spirit Tracks is a different Link from the one in The Wind Waker. Which is why I never thought TL being in the train on the Spirit Train stage meant that he wouldn't be playable. What baffles me more is why Alfonzo replaces him if you play as Toon Link on that stage. Because as I said, it's not the same Link.

Edited by Anacybele