SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's totally a surprising cameo, Rayman appear as a Trophy? Is it like they might going to add Rayman as an another 3rd Party fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U?

Woah woah woah... that screenshot's legit, and it's shown before the newcomer reveal trailer?

Then that probably means...

Well, here's my thoughts if Rayman is playable in SSB4:

Well, I stand by what I said before, there's other 3rd parties that I feel are much more Nintendo affilated and deserve to be playable in Smash Bros. more due to their contributions to Nintendo (*sigh* Bomberman). Still Rayman has technically had all his mainstream games on Nintendo consoles (Rayman Advance is technically Rayman 1), he really fits in the Nintendo universe well with his cartoony and colourful appearance, and I'm quite fond of the guy.

I have to wonder who approached who (was it Sakurai who asked Ubisoft or Ubisoft who asked Sakurai?) for regarding Rayman being a guest character and if fan demand was the deciding factor in having him playable.

I wonder how many more playable characters there are that Sal Romano doesn't know about...

I don't think this is the new character, they definitely wouldn't show it off before a live broadcast that has been scheduled. He also clearly mentions "trophy" and at no point "character."

Then again, Sakurai could just be f***ing with people again for all we know.

That would be grade-A trolling if Rayman really was turning out to be a character. Though, given that there is supposed to be a character reveal today, it's probably trolling either way. Anyway, the idea of third party trophies for characters of unrelated franchises is pretty weird.

Edit: Man, I am really not paying attention. Ubisoft? What do they have to do with Smash?

Edited by BrightBow

There was that red guy from Wonderful 101, I'm not sure whether or not it counts as first-party or not.

On the topic of third-party cameos, it'd be cool if Nintendo made trophies for some of the indie games that have recently found themselves on Nintendo consoles and have made themselves popular. I'm sure the indie companies would be really grateful and it'd make them look more positive for both the internet community and for potential indie developers.

Edited by Knight

There was that red guy from Wonderful 101, I'm not sure whether or not it counts as first-party or not.

Wonderful 101 is first party. While it was developed by Platinum Games, the IP is owned by Nintendo.

Edited by kingddd

Weird that they're adding Rayman of all things, assuming that that is what today's Director's post signifies. Also If I remember correctly, there was a Rayman Legends trailer where there was a Rabbid Amiibo or Assassin's creed one…I don't remember which one though.

SSB4_Rayman_Trophy.jpg

Now I hope tomorrow's reveal isn't Shulk so that people might start to shut the fuck up about Gematsu.

This is incredibly mean spirited to those who like Shulk, just saying. Sure you can dislike or be against the Gematsu leak.

But this kind of attitude is disrespectful.

This is incredibly mean spirited to those who like Shulk, just saying. Sure you can dislike or be against the Gematsu leak.

But this kind of attitude is disrespectful.

Jesus, I never said I don't want Shulk in the game at all, I just want the Gematsu leak to be wrong for once. As far as Shulk is concerned, I never played the game and don't really care either way if he makes it.

And alright, according to your post, being against Gematsu is a-ok, but (hypothetically) not wanting Shulk isn't? I shouldn't not want someone? I don't think I'm the one who should be facing accusations here.

Jesus, I never said I don't want Shulk in the game at all, I just want the Gematsu leak to be wrong for once. As far as Shulk is concerned, I never played the game and don't really care either way if he makes it.

And alright, according to your post, being against Gematsu is a-ok, but (hypothetically) not wanting Shulk isn't? I shouldn't not want someone? I don't think I'm the one who should be facing accusations here.

It's not whether you want Shulk in the game at all or not. There are plenty of people who want to see Shulk in SSB4 and have been waiting for him to be announced. Your statement seemed like a slap in the face to the people who have not been talking about Gematsu (and even some of those who now see the possibility) and want to see Shulk announced already.

In Smash Bros 8 my dream of Simon Belmont being playable will come true but until that time comes I'll have to do with half these characters I've never heard of

I am 99.9% sure that the Gematsu leak is real.

As much as I'm sick of debating Gematsu Leaks, please, they've already proven that it he isn't 100% credible.

After all he said that there was an "ongoing" debate whether to have Lucas or Ness in Smash 4 which he made right before E3 2014. However, Sakurai confirmed that the final roster had been finalized already, since even before Pokémon X and Y when he answered about Greninja.

He's just an incredibly good guesser. Plus you know, I'm the "I need to see Chorus Men before I believe anything" guy on this regard.

But getting off of that thing, Shulk seems interesting enough to add, though I know nothing about Xenoblade.

Any character can be a unique addition, even Chrom. Nearly everyone`s ideas for Rosalina were Peach or Zelda clones and we got... something we`ve never seen before in Smash Bros.

I already said anyone can be unique, but that doesn't change the fact Chrom is definitely the best example of the most unoriginal Fire Emblem lords. That doesn't change that he's definitely a candidate for Smash Bros.

Breaking news!

Sal Romano, the Gematsu leaker, has posted that his leaker sent him another email about Monday`s character. The contents of the email are:

Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-character-to-be-shown-monday.360788/page-42#post-17056627

Basically guessing what a majority of others have been guessing, including myself. I share the exact same sentiments as Red Fox Fire, however. The Gematsu leaker and the mass going on about him is kind of annoying.

Edit: And even if the Gematsu leaker IS real, I think it's incredibly obnoxious to work on a highly anticipated game like Smash Bros and leak things to the fans. I'd be extremely disappointed in anyone leaking confidential information to the public beforehand, so even if he's real, he's/she's definitely not something that should be praised.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

After all he said that there was an "ongoing" debate whether to have Lucas or Ness in Smash 4 which he made right before E3 2014. However, Sakurai confirmed that the final roster had been finalized already, since even before Pokémon X and Y when he answered about Greninja.

He's just an incredibly good guesser. Plus you know, I'm the "I need to see Chorus Men before I believe anything" guy on this regard.

It's possible that both were planned, but one had to be cut. Who knows?

Incredibly good guesser? "Correctly guessing" Wii Fit Trainer, a character pretty much nobody saw coming, along with 8 other characters screams too good to be merely guesses. Not to mention, Sakurai dismissed an Animal Crossing character before, and guessed what happened? The leaker also mentioned the names "Mii Fighter" which is what the Miis are called. People have good reasons to believe the leak.

I would also like to mention that leaks for these kind of games happen all the time. MvC3's roster got leaked, Mortal Kombat 9's roster got leaked, SFxT's roster got leaked, ect.

Yes but in that same email he mentioned DLC was happening. Perhaps both Lucas and Ness are already done and they're deciding which one to include in the core game and which will cost extra.

Incredibly good guesser? "Correctly guessing" Wii Fit Trainer, a character pretty much nobody saw coming, along with 8 other characters screams too good to be merely guesses. Not to mention, Sakurai dismissed an Animal Crossing character before, and guessed what happened? The leaker also mentioned the names "Mii Fighter" which is what the Miis are called. People have good reasons to believe the leak.

You're just repeating what has been said before. Feel free to reject the notion that he's simply guessing because it's 'unlikely' and proceed to tell me that Sakurai simply changed his mind about the DLC, that the leaker probably had a reason to forget Rosalina, that the Greninja controversy is still fine since he said 'XY Pokemon', etc, etc. It's all been said. Feel free to believe what you want, but so many people are just shoving it down our throats, despite there being good reason to disbelieve the leak.

I would also like to mention that leaks for these kind of games happen all the time. MvC3's roster got leaked, Mortal Kombat 9's roster got leaked, SFxT's roster got leaked, ect.

No, games getting a majority of their roster leaked doesn't happen 'all the time', as it's far more common for games in general to not get any of their roster leaked.

You're just repeating what has been said before. Feel free to reject the notion that he's simply guessing because it's 'unlikely' and proceed to tell me that Sakurai simply changed his mind about the DLC, that the leaker probably had a reason to forget Rosalina, that the Greninja controversy is still fine since he said 'XY Pokemon', etc, etc. It's all been said. Feel free to believe what you want, but so many people are just shoving it down our throats, despite there being good reason to disbelieve the leak.

No, games getting a majority of their roster leaked doesn't happen 'all the time', as it's far more common for games in general to not get any of their roster leaked.

Sakurai NEVER ruled out DLC. He just said they didn't have planned DLC atm back in 2013. Even if he did, let's not forget that he changed his mind on an AC character, and Pac-Man. Rosalina was revealed before the second set so no reason to mention her.

Fighting games have a tendency to get their rosters leaked, which is what I meant by these type of games.

Remember, I said 99.9% earlier, and not 100% Hell, I'll make a bet right now. If a character from the Gematsu leak doesn't make it to the final game, I will make my avatar Oliver with ZSS's body for a month.

Edited by Dark Legend Vampire

Gematsu is someone from the present day who somehow got sent back in time. That is how they have all this information. Today Shulk will be announced and then they be sent back in time meaning the last two guesses don't have as much credibility.

Rayman trophyyy! ^^ I knew he'd get in the game somehow, cause he's been around on Nintendo consoles for awhile, right?

Oh, by the way, I called off work today. I couldn't sleep last night, for a few reasons. Some stupidhead was playing loud music, I was feeling stuffy and like I had a cold, so I was uncomfortable, and I was excited and nervous at the same time about today's newcomer.

Also, about Gematsu, I just wish he'd shut up PERIOD. It's not as fun or surprising when someone "leaks" info beforehand.