SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Oh yeah, also, this has made me want to write a sequel to my Smash Bros. oneshot that celebrated Ike's reveal! I kinda hinted that I was going to do so anyway because I predicted a third FE rep that wouldn't be Lucina. And while Lucina did get in, we also got Avatar. So I was still accurate. Wee.

I don't know what the plot will be yet, but I'll figure it out eventually, so if anyone read A Drastic Change (it's posted on DA and fanfiction.net) and liked it, you can look forward to a sequel. ^^ Come to think of it though, I still need to post ADC itself here on SF. I'm gonna make a few little edits first though. Nothing too big, so it'll take a short time.

But the HYPE IS BUILDING!! I can't wait to play Avatar! I wonder if her/his alternates will feature different hairstyles and hair colors? :D

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit I cannot contain my excitement even though I'm at work! There are so many sweet looking new characters already and this is just like icing on the cake, I'm gonna be playin Robin and Lucina so much!

Speaking of Captain Falcon, I also forgot to mention. He was part of my prediction for this video too! Well, sorta. I started thinking to myself the other day "you know what, I bet a vet is going to show up in this video too. It's been almost two months since one was shown and it would be just like Sakurai to slip one here!" lol

Damn, two Awakening reps.

Happy day.

...and El Capitan Falcon wrecking crap.

I'm surprised that's the thing that made me the most excited.

But yes, 3DS version with JP voices.

Also, comment from Sal Romano:

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

Take it as you will.

Also, I think a Zelda newcomer is as good as confirmed now. Remember the one direct showing trophies of Tiki, Pseudo Palutena, and Fi? Tiki seems to have foreshadowed Avatar and Lucina and Pseudo Palutena has definitely done the same for Palutena.

Fi... OMIGOSH, could it be... GHIRAHIM? :D

Either him or Vaati PLZ SAKURAIIII.

Edited by Anacybele

I never doubted Captain Falcon wouldn't return, but damn it if him dueling swords with his LEGS wasn't damn epic. So glad to see he's back. Now we can spend many more years enjoying SHOW ME YOUR MOVES.

I wonder if Robin will be customizeable to some extend, aside from gender. I don't think they will change body types since that seems like a lot of work, but hair colour and the like could be possible.

Also is the site only really really slow for me or do others have the problem as well?

Chrom isn't playable. :(

It's not like Lucina was the representative character of Awakening anyhow. It came down to Japan (Lucina) vs Other (Chrom), I think the choice was pretty obvious.

Edit: I was pleasantly surprised by Robin however and thought he had no chance, so probs to Ana and whoever else put their money on him.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

Honestly, I'm not glad Lucina's in, especially as a clone: she adds nothing to the roster if she's the same as Marth. I think they put her in to add more female characters (which is legit, I guess), but also because people love her and she gives me many waifu vibes.

I mean... just look at this picture from the official website:

tumblr_n8ph4jBGXX1sntotwo9_1280.jpg

If that's not fanservice I don't know what it is!

Maybe I would've preferred Chrom because I do prefer him as a character in general (marrying him wasn't so bad)... plus I feel he has a stronger relationship with the avatar (no wonder he's his/her final smash haha), and it would've been nice to see the Exalted Pulsing Phallic Falchion.

I'm also sad the only specific FE stages we get are places from Awakening, while the rest of the series gets generic arenas and castles; Awakening' story is pretty bad so I don't feel very excited fighting in Grima's Temple.

But Robin's a cool addition! The best choice for an Awakening rep. Although I feel like we could've had...... Micaiah.............. as a tome user, Robin is still a best choice in general because they are much more liked and known.
Their fighting style is super cool and very original for the series! I hope the alternative costumes let them have different hairstyles and such! The best would be an option to edit your own Avatar (playing as my accidentally deleted 110 hours file Avatar would make me endlessly happy, if I think about it), but I don't know if that's manageable. Maybe for the first type of build, but not for the tall and small ones, since that'd change the character drastically.

I'm still hoping that the other Lords get HD trophies with new models, as a side note.

I wonder if Robin will be customizeable to some extend, aside from gender. I don't think they will change body types since that seems like a lot of work, but hair colour and the like could be possible.

Also is the site only really really slow for me or do others have the problem as well?

I mentioned that about Avatar/Robin earlier, lol. I wonder too!

And my internet in general seems slow right now, but it's happened before. Ugh, why does our router hate my new laptop?

Also, I think a Zelda newcomer is as good as confirmed now. Remember the one direct showing trophies of Tiki, Pseudo Palutena, and Fi? Tiki seems to have foreshadowed Avatar and Lucina and Pseudo Palutena has definitely done the same for Palutena.

Fi... OMIGOSH, could it be... GHIRAHIM? :D

Either him or Vaati PLZ SAKURAIIII.

That would also suggest a Metroid newcomer. Ridley incoming?

At this point I'm completely satisfied and don't really care who else makes it into the roster, but if we were to see Impa, Ridley, and Dixie Kong in, this would just be the perfect Smash for me. And hell, throw in Shulk while we're at it for good measure. Always nice to get reps of series not yet represented in Smash, and nothing Xenoblade has been shown otherwise, which I think works in favor for Shulk since we've seen stuff like the Wonder Red trophy for other IPs, and I doubt Xenoblade would not be represented at all in the game.

Wow, RIP Gematsu. Looks like he was either completely wrong or only partially right.

And WTF with two Awakening characters. That's the only thing keeping me from saying "I've never been so glad to be so wrong. "

Oh well. At least we got the good Captain.

Well, I couldn't be happier with the Fire Emblem reps, Lucina and Avatar are awesome and even Chrom finds his way into the game.

Kinda sad that Shulk isn't in now, at least not confirmed. Hopefully he still makes it.

I hope Robin gets the full 12 special moves like Palutena. It is a customizable character in game so it would make sense for a full customizable moveset.

Shulk and Chibi-Robo are the only characters I could hope for left, but I already love the roster. Isaac, K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and/or Impa would be icing on this beautiful cake.

Although I will be quite disappointed if Shulk isn't in.

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

That would also suggest a Metroid newcomer. Ridley incoming?

At this point I'm completely satisfied and don't really care who else makes it into the roster, but if we were to see Impa, Ridley, and Dixie Kong in, this would just be the perfect Smash for me. And hell, throw in Shulk while we're at it for good measure. Always nice to get reps of series not yet represented in Smash, and nothing Xenoblade has been shown otherwise, which I think works in favor for Shulk since we've seen stuff like the Wonder Red trophy for other IPs, and I doubt Xenoblade would not be represented at all in the game.

Yeah, that too, and all those Ridley fans would sure be happy to see him playable. :)

Impa, bleh. Dixie Kong, yes, I'd love her! But I can't really decide whether Ghirahim or Vaati is more likely if Sakurai went with one of them. They both have good points to support them, imo.

Ghirahim:

- Fi is from the same game and she's the trophy that's hinting towards a Zelda newcomer

- Popular villain

- Has an appearance in Hyrule Warriors

- Plenty of moveset potential

Vaati:

- Most recurring Zelda villain after Ganondorf

- Would represent handheld Zelda, which has yet to get a playable rep (Toon Link is more akin to Wind Waker Link)

- Has unique moveset potential with his wind mage powers

- Four Swords got a limited edition 3DS download, making Vaati still rather relevant today

But I'll take either one of them, they're my favorite Zelda villains by a long shot (I actually never liked Ganondorf and find him kind of lame, except in TWW of all games)!

Speaking of Captain Falcon, I also forgot to mention. He was part of my prediction for this video too! Well, sorta. I started thinking to myself the other day "you know what, I bet a vet is going to show up in this video too. It's been almost two months since one was shown and it would be just like Sakurai to slip one here!" lol

Anacybele descends from the heavens to impart divine knowledge on us yet again. Tell us more, o sacred prophet of the gods! Who'll be the next reveal? When's the final release day? Will Ike get a new costume? Will my child's hair be black or brown?