SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

so psyched a magic user from FE is finally in smash! when i first saw the wind attack i was hoping for soren, but that would've been a complete longshot. happy to have robin for sure.

i was just thinking about this. to me side B def. looks like thunder and its variants, with it charging up. wind looks like maybe the aerial attacks (which would make sense). nosferatu/dark could be part of grabs? in terms of tomes breaking, maybe you have to summon tomes with each special, and so even though you could use stronger, charged-up versions of attacks the downside is that the tomes would break and you'd have to spend more time summoning new tomes.

Wind looks like it might be able to spike. You know with how the winds spells were flying downward. Edited by Ace Gamer

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooo...! Why has Lucina got the same moveset as Marth!?!? I thought she learnt how to fight from 'her father', aka Chrom, which is why her style is apparently unique. Yeah, Chrom is Marth's descendant and that, but what are the chances of getting it right across a few centuries? Come on; at least have your own idle animation. Go Captain Falcon! Don't be nerfed this time.

Robin is more believable, I quite like him/her. I imagine he's going to be like Zelda, where you can drop/change between sword and magic (and preferably without the lag).

Nosferatu looked like the weak little attacks you do when you grab someone. I can the Thunder-line of spells being either a neutral or side special that gets charged. Elwind looks like aerials, though the angled one seems interesting. Arcfire I dunno, it looks kinda like down special or neutral special if the Thunder tomes are side specials; it's weird how it starts above Robin and gets sent at an angle right in front of him/her. Interesting how we (from my knowledge) haven't seen anything for an up special, but I think something like Tornado could do that.

Nosferatu looked like the weak little attacks you do when you grab someone. I can the Thunder-line of spells being either a neutral or side special that gets charged. Elwind looks like aerials, though the angled one seems interesting. Arcfire I dunno, it looks kinda like down special or neutral special if the Thunder tomes are side specials; it's weird how it starts above Robin and gets sent at an angle right in front of him/her. Interesting how we (from my knowledge) haven't seen anything for an up special, but I think something like Tornado could do that.

OMG! Arcfire's animation is the same as the GBA's Mages!

The next dozen of pages here are going to be "Lucina: Alt, clone or semi-clone?", aren't they? I'm already excited at and annoyed of that topic.

The next dozen of pages here are going to be "Lucina: Alt, clone or semi-clone?", aren't they? I'm already excited at and annoyed of that topic.

Please don't bring that dumb argument to this thread pretty please.

This reveal... I was so annoyed at first. Four freaking reps--FOUR--but no Roy. >:c

But then I read this thread and the annoyance subsided a little. Lucina is...a cryptic mystery at the moment (Marth clone, why? No giant newcomer banner, why?). But, Chrom being "in" has me perturbed again because that's another FE character (even though just as Robin's Final Smash).

Anyway... Now that that's out of me...

Hey guys, I'm a weeb.

I watched this trailer.

Dude, I didn't even think to look for this. Thank you for posting it. SO MUCH BETTER ON THE EARS.

--

I wonder when/how Robin switches between Bronze Sword and Levin Sword. Does the bronze sword break like the tomes and by that time Robin has the weapon level to wield the Levin Sword? /silly thoughts

Maybe Robin yanks out one of the tomes at random, and you have to toss it like an item to switch to a different type? That item-toss sound, man. Haha, THROW the book!

Please don't bring that dumb argument to this thread pretty please.

Do you actually believe that it can be avoided?

Is it me, or does Lucina appear to be missing the mark of the Exalt in her eye?

There aren't that many shot of Lucina up close but from what I saw, there was a big white mark in left eye. Maybe that was the brand?

This... what... but... leak...

I wanted Shulk so much but I don't care because this is even better. I don't like clones but I don't even care that Lucina looks like one because Marth is my favorite character anyway and WE'RE GETTING ROBIN EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I might feel a little bad for Chrom if this weren't exactly what I wanted.

I still hope Shulk is in, though. I don't know what the chances are, but... Shulk and Isaac are the two left I want to see that have any real chance of getting in.

Just heard the news!

I'msohappy (٭°̧̧̧ω°̧̧̧٭)

When the idea came up I didn't care much for Robin but now I think it was a solid choice.

Plus Lucina! Hooray.... (٭°̧̧̧ω°̧̧̧٭) Poor Chrom...

Oh yeah, I like how the trailer gave little nods to Ike and Marth at the end. ^^

Lucina: Is that...the hero king himself?

Robin: And the Radiant Hero of legend! Worthy opponents indeed!

I loved that part. I was screaming so loud my neighbour came over to ask if I was okay. I had to explain it to him.

But anyways I'd so delighted that FE is getting 4 reps. Kinda 5 is you count that bit with Chrom helping out Robin ^.^

Anybody who earnestly says something along the lines that they knew this, exactly as it is, (and still currently less than one hundred percent clarified in explicit, unmistakeable writing, WRT what Chrom and Lucina are actually doing in the game) was coming, and therefore can divine what is to come next from it is, in my opinion, not to be trusted, and may be both acting a fool and about to make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here

Well they showed like what 3 moves of Lucina, though all of them were marth/roy moves. IIRC the neutral a in the air, b-forward, and b up were all the same (or basically the same maybe range difference). Outside of that could be different (either way I'm still pumped for Lucina). I'm guessing the eye brand was just hard to put in or was it in the game only really noticeable if you got up close to her?

So going by the whole Direct Trophy = Newcomer thing, Metroid and Zelda still have some left to pop out, not to mention Shulk is pretty much all but confirmed.

Honestly, Shulk is about as likely to get in as I am at this point. Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the greatest game ever made (easily the best on the Wii), but it's by no means a well-known one (just look back at the pre-video Xenoblade discussion and see how many people mention that they haven't played at, and this is a forum for a vaguely-similar series (Tactical RPG vs. JRPG). Xenoblade Chronicles is a very niche game that the vast majority of the Smash audience has never played. Gematsu was Shulk's only chance, and now it's gone. For what? Lucina (good, but nowhere near worth losing Shulk) and Robin (The Bella Fucking Swan of Fire Emblem).

Can you please stop calling Robin "Bella Fucking Swan"? I don't want a character I like being compared to something from TWILIGHT of all things, which looks lame and stupid as hell (and this is coming from a romance lover). Not to mention Bella seems nothing like Robin in the first place, other than having Mary Sue traits (which she has way more of according to what I've heard). And even then, I feel that Robin's only Sue traits are being a sort of self-insert and a little overpraised at times.

Edited by Anacybele