SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I really want Ganondorf to be like the one in Hyrule warriors. It would be really good repesentation of him too since that version took aspects of ganondorf from a lot of the games into it.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ganondorf should at least keep Flame Choke. (and Warlock Punch as an alternate move.)

I personally wouldn't mind them as custom movesets. However I still wished it was a unique moveset.

It's kind of funny seeing Hyrule Warriors doing a better job at showing off Ganondorf moves more than Smash Bros itself. It would be nice to see some of those moves in Smash 4 but then again with the game already leaked and the final boss already shown off and spoiled (I haven't seen it yet), I'll probably be trying to avoid any discussion on his moveset for now.

As a Ganondorf player I can personally say I really don't want him to change. He fills a good niche right now that I like, a lot of power but low range. If they gave him a sword he would become an Ike clone except probably slower. His moveset was also changed a lot between Melee and Brawl to make it less like Captain Falcon's. Another change like that (especially if it gives us back Smash 64 Falcon's flaming side smash kick) would leave them completely unrelated.

Edited by Jotari

My guess is that you can customize Miis with the hats/suits you have unlocked in StreetPass Mii Plaza (which would sadly mean no Fire Emblem and Pokémon outfits).

Maybe this is one of the connectivity features between the two versions Sakurai was talking about: Transfer your StreetPass Mii Plaza outfits to the Wii U version so you can customize your Miis.

But...some of us aren't getting both games.

It's been confirmed that Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS will be playable at Festigame (the biggest video game convention here in Chile) this weekend, so I will have a chance to play them this Saturday.

Waiting lines will likely be eternal, so I'll consider myself lucky if I get to play both at least once (specially if I want to make room for Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad).

Can you do us all a favor and use the Taunt with Marth? Me and Rey(Shadow Of Chaos) have tried to looked into the matter of whether that Marth can talk in English or not?

Edited by Bimbo

If Marth speaks in English he needs to be voiced by Spike Spencer, no questions asked.

I watched a Nintendotreehouse gameplay video (trying to find it) and Marth won a match. I turned the volume way up and I could faintly hear his victory.

I think it was Japanese.

Edited by Roy: Marquess of Pherae

Metaknight reveal any second now...I wish. So eager to see the nerfs

no they can't

Meta Knight was the only way I beat everyone but my cousin ;_;

I'm quite curious to see what his recovery will change to now that gliding was cut, considering it played off the mechanic.

Gliding was cut?

well okay then

Gliding was cut?

well okay then

Yep this was revealed in the.. April direct I think, showing off the various changes to characters. Including the reintroduction of Yoshi, Zero Suit, Sheik and Charizard along with Greninjas intro

Yep this was revealed in the.. April direct I think, showing off the various changes to characters. Including the reintroduction of Yoshi, Zero Suit, Sheik and Charizard along with Greninjas intro

Oh. I rarely watch those things, so maybe that's why I missed it xP

Oh. I rarely watch those things, so maybe that's why I missed it xP

Yeah Pit got a more to the point and less floaty recovery to boot.

Edit: Special flag looks fun for the fun item matches

Edited by JediSwordSaint

So that's what the special flag does. It's definitely going to be quite the chaotic item. I have to wonder how long it needs to be held up for for the +1 point/stock effect to occur. And I wonder if attacking people who get it or getting it yourself will be the better general strategy with the special flag.

I'm quite curious to see what his recovery will change to now that gliding was cut, considering it played off the mechanic.

I'm guessing that during the part where Meta Knight is supposed to start gliding (after completing the loop), he'll enter a helpless state instead.

I'm honestly thinking he'll get a new recovery entirely. Or maybe the mach tornado will be changed to his up b with a lot less useablity time with a new neutral B. A small annoying laser shot or a tornado projectile from the sword. Like amazing mirror

Edited by JediSwordSaint

So let me get this straight: Everyone is salivating over Metaknight being nerfed, but aren't concerned about Palutena being broken as all hell.

Okay...

because we haven't even played her yet. I remember when Brawl demo was out everyone kept saying Ike was overpowered but when the game was released, he was meh and only good for 4 player mode.

Be warned about Ana. Also, I main Ike and I've found if you can time his attacks properly, he can deliver a huge amount of damage, even in 1v1.

And then Falco/Sonic/Sheik runs circles around him.

If we have a release day tournament for Wii U (can't get 3DS for 2 weeks after it comes out), then I bet I'll be Sheik or Villager or shulk.